NIKE PARK UPDATES ?????

i'll cross that bridge when i get there.right now im enjoying getting shoes i absolutely loved that i was either too young or too broke to get back whenthey first released.i believe i'll never allow myself to get too caught up in this.i read the release dates,pick out the shoes that i really want and trymy hardest to save up for them so i can get them on release day.if my spartan-like drive bears fruit i buy the shoes.if not i always tell myself i'lleventually get it later on when i have a job.that's my story and im sticking to it
happy.gif

^^^ Yeah, I guess that's also something that I will have to do eventually. Walk away. But my reason would probably be because there are much more importantthings in life. Agree with KC also that you should also build a network outside of the Philippines. Ebay USA will be your best bet and avenue to do that.

And very well said, KC. It is always good to get insights from someone who has been there, done that
smile.gif

I like it better when we just laugh and make fun when most of us here don't get the packs or shoes we want on release dates. This 6/17 Pack really bringsout a lot of emotion and probably frustration but you know, we'll all gonna get something better. And it's also nice having some advice from my Kuyason NT.
wink.gif

I hear the "pain" of those who didn't get their packs but I'm sure you'll still find a way to get them
wink.gif

Anyways, I'm glad that Footlocker Canada started implementing pre-sales for these CDPs. Basically all you have to do is pay the shoes by purchasing a giftcard for the amount and they'll right your name against the size you want on their list. The only advantage of FL Canada of a particular store is that theyalready know the FSR they are getting, so I don't know if that will work there because like KC said, they don't know what they're getting until theboxes arrive.

The advantage of doing pre-pay is there's no camping for major releases like in the US. Although I still go early in the store so that I can pick among thepairs and get the "perfect" one but I usually just spend 15-20 minutes in the store and then go home.

I don't know if there's a "system" that will work in P.I. Maybe a hybrid of bracelets/tickets/pre-pay/priority list will work and theimplementation of 1 pair only for "known" limited or hot releases

Anyways, after the end of the day, they're just shoes
wink.gif

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

For someone who has been there, done that. All I can say is it ain't that serious. At the end of the day, they're just shoes and there are more complicated things in life to worry about.
True... Good thing I'm not as crazy about sneakers as I used to be.
smokin.gif

Nice pieces of advice KC, rev218 and maxtempo...

I'll walk away as soon as I complete the 1-23 with the colorways I like most...

For me, I am very thankful that I have a relative who has a connect (reliable) with Nike Park and gives me information that they already received such shoe. Ijust need to prepare for the budget and rely on the release dates as what maxtempo mentioned.

azhul,

rasthaman? mlph?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by revelation218

I don't have the set yet though but intend on buying it someday somewhere when I've already decided for myself that it's worth it.

i was hoping we could get a package for my brother but unfortunately his sizes were suddenly sold out and i asked the staff why and staff said that severalsets were reserved to a certain Bong Padilla? is that you? revelation218?

Yes, my name is Bong Padilla.

I don't confirm that story though if they are referring to Bong Padilla of Cagayan de oro city. I cancelled my reservation about 2 weeks ago for personalreasons and it was also good since I had second thoughts of buying that package
happy.gif

d pwede reservations.. they cancelled everyones reservations during the release.. one staff member told me na nagalit raw yung manager or something..the time Ireceived the text na nag release na Carmines it was too late goodbye to my sz.12's..was on my way to Cavite when i received the text..talk about timing
smile.gif
lol

are you sure? Then there must be many Bong padillas in Cagayan De Uro. The staff said this bong padilla guy was not from manila. The staff must be lying. mybad
roll.gif

Originally Posted by lastchance21

d pwede reservations.. they cancelled everyones reservations during the release.. one staff member told me na nagalit raw yung manager or something..the time I received the text na nag release na Carmines it was too late goodbye to my sz.12's..was on my way to Cavite when i received the text..talk about timing
smile.gif
lol

sure ka ba dyan brader hehehe
happy.gif

baka madami pa sa loob ng stockroom na pnareserve ng mga reseller/s
laugh.gif

^^actually I really dont know kung may na reserve na pairs o hinde.. It was frustrating pero ok lang..narealize ko sapatos lang yan..Carmines arent the onlynice shoes when it comes to Jordans naman eh.. good experience ren so next time I can be more prepared for other big releases.. and like what others said inthis board.. expanding your network or buying shoes above retail etc..can also help if you really want them badly....

chance-the big dawgs got reservations dude.us common folk got shafted while the reseller moneybags got the red carpet treatment.

nice insights sirs...sometimes i do get sucked in that i forget that they are just shoes....they come and go...its nice to read advices from you people thathas got a lot of experience in these...

Originally Posted by revelation218

And resellers normally have friends in high places at Nike or Nike Park/Stadium so they get first hand info on releases. If you have reseller friends, use their info to your advantage. It's a sad reality that we just have to leverage on. Turn adversity into advantage. I call it "diskarte". That's how MJ was able to realize his full potential. Being dropped out from the school's varsity team, the Celtics and Pistons constantly being stumbling blocks to his goal of a championship were just a few adversities that MJ had to deal with and which he turned to his own advantage. Eventually, he came out triumphant and became the best basketball player of all time. Without those circumstances and MJ's "right mindset", he would have never been what he is today. A Living Legend.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
You could be a great salesman/ reseller brother, your words arevery enticing to buy shoes.

One of the staff told me that the dude who bought the most packs made a payment before the release so that he could have the packs reserved for him. Anyway,this isn't the first time we've experienced this. This also happened for the Mars, Grapes and Alts. The buying trend is really unpredictable the pastcouple of years. This happened to be the most painful one for me because I was seriously planning on retiring on shoe collecting after I purchase this pack tocomplete my Jordans I-XXIII. Well, guess I just have to leave from collecting like this. Things have changed so much, my priorities in life have changed andgoals I have to reach. I have far more important things to buy other than sneakers now. I have to make a decision to leave collecting. Its an entirelydifferent ballgame in purchasing shoes these days. I'd still be active on helping my fellow PI NTers on updates though. I think I'd still buy sneakersprobably once every 8 or 12 months for balling. Thanks everyone for your help and updates, its been a great fifteen years for me in collecting.

nice insights everyone. good luck with getting your packs from resellers and congrats to those who were able to get theirs. back to updates. air rejuvenates atnike park g4. priced at P4500 and P5500 i think, the difference being the inner part of the more expensive one is removable.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

I understand most of the complaints I see on this forum and one should realize that resellers come with the territory. If people think it's shady and frustrating, then walk away.

Just like what I did.

Word. Now this is real talk. I feel for the guys who weren't able to get their packs but its all part of the sneaker game.. you either have to love itor hate it.

wasn't able to take note of the colorways. there were a lot. white, black, red, blue. i think they had around 5 colorways.

While I was reading the posts, I thought that I was in the "Umiinit Dito" Thread....

Moving on, Good to have new updates on Nike park...
wink.gif

Nike Park Gateway also has the Air Rejuven8, my girlfriend thought it is the Zoom Kobe III low
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom