Nike Performance Running Master Thread

Hi everyone, I wanted to create a single thread where runners could discuss Nike's running line (be it Zoom, Lunar, React, flats, spikes, etc) from a technical/performance standpoint. If you're competitive, a weekend warrior, or just getting back into running doesn't matter. We're focused on how things run, feel, and wear, not look.

Also, if you loved a shoe that was discontinued, this would be a great place to get feedback on a model from another brand that might fill that niche for you.

I'm in for this one!

I'm a novice runner with several halfs completed. I never really took training seriously (or got injured when I did), but have been getting back into it lately. My current goals are to complete a full marathon (sub 4) and break 1:45 in a half.

The LunarEpic 1 (hi) and Zoom Fly are in my current rotation. I also just bought the Epic Reacts and plan on adding those in soon.

I love all of the new tech Nike has been adding in their running line and I'm particularly excited to hear more about the Pegasus and Vomero franchises.

Thanks for getting this started nightrunner nightrunner !

In as well.

Been trying out the Epic Reacts and like them a lot. Been getting me more into running lately because of them tbh, as I’ve been moreso in to basketball and volleyball years past.

I've been a traitor haha. My current training shoe is the Adidas Supernova ST, since I was using the Zoom Odyssey. I really liked the Epic React and am waiting to check out the Odyssey React or maybe the Pegasus 35 (I can go neutral due to changing training needs). I jump in the MD 8.

I've only ran 5Ks, but now that it's getting warmer/less wet in Seattle I'm looking to increase my distance and of course speed. Really excited for the Pegasus Turbos and am patiently waiting for more info.

I've only ran 5Ks, but now that it's getting warmer/less wet in Seattle I'm looking to increase my distance and of course speed. Really excited for the Pegasus Turbos and am patiently waiting for more info.

I'm excited for the Pegasus Turbos, too. I'm also curious about the Zoom Vomero 14 if it'll indeed replace the Lunarlon carrier with a React carrier coupled with the Zoom units. As much as I enjoy running in the Vaporfly 4%, I kinda feel guilty running in them for my 3 runs per week in the mornings just 'cause they were not advertised to be that type of shoe... at least for me.

Ive run everything on the track from 400-5k as well as xc at the d3 level. Have worn peg 34, lunarepic low, elite 8&9, as well as lunartempo 2. Race in vic 2s and vic elites depending on distance, and vic xc/vic xc 2. Current lineup is 2 pairs of elite 9s and a pair of lunartempo 2s. Ive run in a ton of trainers and spikes in the past including OG vic, Vic 2, vic elite, vent 2, matumbo and matumbo 2, streak lt 3, and streak 6 (both flyknit and regular). Normally log 70+ miles a week and race a lot

Apc34v2.gif

can we do a hybrid of basketball sneakers as well, a few nt'ers will like me to my reviews.
I'm an ex-track and field runner and play pick-up basketball on the regualr

going back my running days within a month a soo.

Yeah, I’m scared to run in my Vaporfly 4%.

I found the solution to that... just buy another pair :smile:

I bought the ice blue VF 4% thinking that I'd just use them for racing and keep the zoom fly as my main trainer. However, since I ran a 1/2 and a full in that pair, I rotated them into my training. But that was also only after I bought a pair of crimson 4% for upcoming races, haha. Anyway, now I wear the 4% at least two times a week, once during a 60 minute marathon tempo paced run and then again during my Sunday long run. Wearing them during the long run is key because they really do seem to keep my legs from getting beat up as bad as they would even with the ZF.

I've been a traitor haha. My current training shoe is the Adidas Supernova ST, since I was using the Zoom Odyssey. I really liked the Epic React and am waiting to check out the Odyssey React or maybe the Pegasus 35 (I can go neutral due to changing training needs). I jump in the MD 8.
The Zoom Odyssey were my favorite! I just retired a pair, but I'm hoping that the Odyssey React is a suitable replacement.

Somewhat off shoe topic, but since this is running related - does anyone run in the Apple wireless AirPods and how are they?

Somewhat off shoe topic, but since this is running related - does anyone run in the Apple wireless AirPods and how are they?

Get out.
But really, I wouldn't trust them to stay in, with all the sweat. I like Mpow headphones, though.

I loved my Odysseys! I don't run in mine anymore, but I still use them for random errands and walking the dog.

I wonder how the Odyssey Reacts will compare to those.

From the medial section I've seen, I feel like they'll have a little less stability. Closer to a LunarGlide than the Zoom Odyssey. But I guess we'll see. As long as they can take impact, I'm happy haha.

From the medial section I've seen, I feel like they'll have a little less stability. Closer to a LunarGlide than the Zoom Odyssey. But I guess we'll see. As long as they can take impact, I'm happy haha.

I except them to have more stability seeing the TPU based inside and react itself. Think Boost ST level support.

my fave pair for running always has been lunar flyknit (been 4 years wearing it for long distance run more than 100km total)

I just checked out the 2018 Free Flyknit. It wasn't bad, but the laces were very ribbon-like, which I wasn't a fan of.

my fave pair for running always has been lunar flyknit (been 4 years wearing it for long distance run more than 100km total)

Nice! Did you look into the Epic Reacts? I'm curious to hear from someone who wore the LunarEpics for running, and see how they'd like the Epic Reacts.

Nice! Did you look into the Epic Reacts? I'm curious to hear from someone who wore the LunarEpics for running, and see how they'd like the Epic Reacts.

The Epic Reacts are the better running shoe, for me at least. They're both fun to run in, but the Epics are just livelier in the forefoot, the extra stack height helps to keep your legs fresher. The flyknit is more breathable on the Epics. Epic's have a more stable feel. I prefer the look of the OG Lunar Epics, but the performance of the Epic.

Back
Top Bottom