Nike Performance Running Master Thread

I recall reading from either the React or Vapor thread that the update to the Zoom Fly will be utilizing React Foam + CF plate. :nerd:

Anyhow...

I just ordered these from NDC...
Tenacity 88
Jordan Tenacity 88 - True Blue.png

According to FNL, the regular version (with the same sole) features:

https://www.finishline.com/store/rw...ity-running-shoes/prod2770927?responsive=true
  • Cushlon foam midsole for lightweight, plush cushioning
  • Zoom Air forefoot and heel units provide next-level responsiveness
    Flightspeed technology (Flight Plate over the Zoom Air unit) in the forefoot disburses your force for an explosive step
  • Rubber outsole provides multisurface traction
Essentially, a Vomero lol :nthat:
lettuce no hell they fit, feel, and perform

I've been a traitor haha. My current training shoe is the Adidas Supernova ST, since I was using the Zoom Odyssey. I really liked the Epic React and am waiting to check out the Odyssey React or maybe the Pegasus 35 (I can go neutral due to changing training needs). I jump in the MD 8.

I think I'm gonna pick up a pair of the STs also. I tried them on a couple of times and they felt pretty good. Maybe a touch less stability than the Odysseys, but a bit softer ride overall which I like. Do you happen to know if there is a Supernova ST 2 coming? Or any updates? They've been out about a year now. If you had the Odysseys another shoe to try might be the Saucony Omni 16s. Feel pretty close to the Odysseys with a slightly lower drop.

I think I'm gonna pick up a pair of the STs also. I tried them on a couple of times and they felt pretty good. Maybe a touch less stability than the Odysseys, but a bit softer ride overall which I like. Do you happen to know if there is a Supernova ST 2 coming? Or any updates? They've been out about a year now. If you had the Odysseys another shoe to try might be the Saucony Omni 16s. Feel pretty close to the Odysseys with a slightly lower drop.

I'd bet a small update comes out soon. The regular Supernova has gotten a 2018 update (minor tweaks on the upper), but Adidas doesn't label its updates much. It's just been the "Ultra Boost" for 3-4 years, now.

I'd bet a small update comes out soon. The regular Supernova has gotten a 2018 update (minor tweaks on the upper), but Adidas doesn't label its updates much. It's just been the "Ultra Boost" for 3-4 years, now.

I noticed that too. I'm thinking there's not much tweaking they can do with the boost cushioning so all they can really do is change the uppers and call it an update. Most of the st's are marked way down in most places so I'm thinking some kind of update may be on the way, or maybe just a bunch of new colorways. Who knows?

So I’m researching the Jordan Tenacity 88, and they have a FlightSpeed plate embedded inside. These seem like an enhanced Peg33/34.

https://m.nike.com/us/en_us/c/jordan/innovation

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2013/07/know-your-tech-air-jordan-flight-plate

Let us know how they are as a running shoe. My initial thought is that they aren’t a shoe geared toward serious runners; however, Jordan brought in Ciaran O’Lionard who was a pro runner for Nike and loved zoom air shoes like the Elite so they could be something like the 8.

I’m also curious of their weight. No sites list that so I’m assuming they are greater than 10 oz for a size 9.

doesnt seem like anybody bought them except dumb *** resellers who didnt know any better and thought they would make money off them

we need legit reviews but i guess runners see the name jordan and dont take them seriously

shoes are gonna end up dirt cheap especially the normal version

Got my pair in from Govrn on Friday while i was out of town so didn't get to run in them till this morning. Cushioned FKR that pushes you forward naturally feels amazing. I'm considering running Boston in them instead of the 4% but i have to see the durability since i never had a pair of sole swapped shoes before. Could only imagine how it feels with the vaporfly outsole.

Allegedly the Zoom Winflo 5. Anyone ever go for this model? I thought it might get some traction since it's so similar to the Pegasus 32.

Attachments

• 315f5dd1d74e41f59483a7ce4b0dc326.jpg
    315f5dd1d74e41f59483a7ce4b0dc326.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 22
Hey all. Super casual runner here. Late bloomer started running in my early 30s. Ive gone between pegasus and lunar flyknit models and have gravitated towards the flyknit models as of late. My current pair are the lunar epic highs. I have a medium to narrowish foot and they tend to run TTS. In terms of races I do whatever local 5k and 10ks i can wake up for lol. Ive done a couple halfs. This year on my plate so far just two major races. BK Half (one of my favorite races to run every year) and FINALLY I get to run the NYC Marathon. After the half Im hoping to move over to the reacts and might use them for the Marathon.

0EB2C7C5-96F0-4748-90E9-EAC813BEE4E3.jpeg

I went TTS, but I think 1/2 up is the way to go for me. The 88s, Peg33s and my Vom10s all have the same Zoom Set-up (forefoot/heel); However, with the Flightspeed Plate, the Zoom Air is more apparent in the 88s than the others.

Thanks for the input on the shoe. The Peg 33s are one of my favorite shoes. Do you think the Tenacity are better? I would think so based on the increased responsiveness. Do you think these can handle real running?

Also, how is the weight of the Tenacity in comparison to the Peg?

Thanks for the input on the shoe. The Peg 33s are one of my favorite shoes. Do you think the Tenacity are better? I would think so based on the increased responsiveness. Do you think these can handle real running?

Also, how is the weight of the Tenacity in comparison to the Peg?

The Peg33s are one of my favorites too. I have three pairs of the "Unlimited" cw :lol:. I'll hold my judgement on which is the better running shoe... However, as of right now, I can only say that the 88s are more responsive. Once I get the better fitting size in them, I'll provide a running review.

The 88s are 1oz heavier than the 33s.

Last edited:
I'm hearing great things about the tenacity88s. Can't wait to try them on myself for my short runs. The BCs are a must!

Great thread!! Has anyone run in the reacts that has flat feet and if so, did you run with an orthotic? I usually run in zoom flys with no orthotic but think I may need to use them for the react due to the softness of the shoe.

I have flat feet and am heavyset. I’ve only run once with the Epic React. It wasn’t a bad experience. Didn’t use orthotics. Ran about four miles. They’re definitely soft lol. My next run was with a Brooks Beast. Different experience altogether.

Still need to try my pair of Vapor Fly 4%.

I have flat feet and am heavyset. I’ve only run once with the Epic React. It wasn’t a bad experience. Didn’t use orthotics. Ran about four miles. They’re definitely soft lol. My next run was with a Brooks Beast. Different experience altogether.

Still need to try my pair of Vapor Fly 4%.

You might dig UnderArmour's new Hovr line

Odyssey React confirmed for April 19th, for $120

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-25-12-20-36--1466807260.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-25-12-20-36--1466807260.png
    526 KB · Views: 14
That’s a pretty good price. Looking forward to trying a pair. Wonder how the react will be set up to give the stability the odyssey is known for

anyone training for any upcoming races? If so, when is it and what is your training plan?

I’m training for the upcoming GoodLife half marathon and sporting life 10km in May. My only concern is that they are back to back weekends.

I’ve ran the good life half marathon last year so I may drop out and focus on the 10km. Not sure if my body can handle the back to back races.

Using the NRC coaching plan on the NRC app. Seems pretty good.

Have to start my nutrition plan though. Seems to be the toughest thing to follow.

Doing all my training in zoom flys.

What are you preparing for?

Back
Top Bottom