Nike Pippen 1 Retro Confirmed for 2008

They are nice but they not better than the more uptempo Olympic pippens. If you need a refresher of what the olympics look like peep my sig. They on ebay rightnow for sale.... Sorry had to plug.

Putting In Work wrote:
I do however remember how heavy these sneakers were.

Ditto. So heavy that Pippen changed them out for a Zoom Air version instead. (For those of you who didn't know)

OGs were $120-125, so the retro price is kinda steep.
This was just the only one that I felt like copying. The Pippen I's were MOST ASSUREDLY $160.00 when they originally came out. If theyhaven't changed anything cushioning-wise, then there are going to be a LOT of complaints about how heavy, clunky, and not comfortable they are. Maybe Ijust didn't give them time to break in back in the day, but that was EASILY the most uncomfortable Nike shoe I EVER wore...especially for an Air Max. Theycushioning was just hard, and I'm not sure what was with that Max unit. It just felt like a brick under my feet.

Peace,
J

we poppin bottles when these come out
happy.gif

Man, I need NEED a new pair of these.. with my pair right now on the verge of falling apart within the next couple wears but I can already imagine the retroslooking sooooo ******ed.

i wonder what the material is goin to be like on the black ones cuz the OGs werent exactly nubuck, i dont kno what to call it the material

i would have to say the og blk penny 2s are the greatest nikes of all time

^ 20.0 in Eastbay...first shoe to tip 20...

Tar/White/Light Taupe/Sunset
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And it begins...

HEY NIKE:
How about a vis-zoom or encapsulated zoom air version (the ones Pip actually wore)?

They're one step ahead of you...but they decided against it...

I have the OG in perfect condition...so I'll be passing on these.
happy.gif

I remember I saw these on eBay a few months back. They were DS with the box. They ended for like $217.

seen the samples. dope, but $160 price tag kinda sucks, but for a quality retro i'll have to settle

I know I gotta cop those for me and the little one... she's for sure gonna bug out over these since the og sole's are done.

must buy for me,i still remember my big brother having them and not letting me so much as look at them for more than 5 seconds because he knew how much i likedthe pips...i want these bad...cross one more off my must have list

8/1/08
Black/White/Varsity Red

9/1/08
Tar/White/Light Taupe/Sunset

11/1/08
Black/Black/Black

12/1/08
Black/White/Varsity Purple

Man i loved these when they first came out!

My boy thought he was the !#%# when he copped these first day he was braggin, because i told him i couldn't cop tell the next weekend talkin bout he waskill the school on Monday. He didn't know i was down with the local Nike rep and had the Whites in a sample size. So on Monday he came to the caf in themorning thinking he was killin it. I walked in and just !#%# in his birthday cake with the Whites. He was in 8th so when a 6th grader had em all his boys wereclownin him. Damn i can't wait

Back
Top Bottom