8/1/08
Black/White/Varsity Red

9/1/08
Tar/White/Light Taupe/Sunset

11/1/08
Black/Black/Black

12/1/08
Black/White/Varsity Purple

Thanks for the INFO!!, is the tar/white/lightTaupe/ sunset, the white OG colorway?

AND CAN someone please do a photoshop of the black/white/varsity purple?

Originally Posted by jshortt

OGs were $120-125, so the retro price is kinda steep.
This was just the only one that I felt like copying. The Pippen I's were MOST ASSUREDLY $160.00 when they originally came out. If they haven't changed anything cushioning-wise, then there are going to be a LOT of complaints about how heavy, clunky, and not comfortable they are. Maybe I just didn't give them time to break in back in the day, but that was EASILY the most uncomfortable Nike shoe I EVER wore...especially for an Air Max. They cushioning was just hard, and I'm not sure what was with that Max unit. It just felt like a brick under my feet.

Peace,
J
you hit it right on the nail. they were heavy, hard cushioning, and had problems with sliding. not to mention not very good ankle support.

nike must be on crack these days. they are actually gonna charge 160 for these? did they not learn when they retroed this shoe the first time? or the pippen2's?

Think nike think....

hope the blk/white and red colorway are close to the originals. I was only in 5th or 6th grade when they first came out so i missed out on them

hope that its stays og style but with a better shoe weight. my OG's were a bit heavy but im not complaining. I can finally retire them and rock the retros.

I need those Pippen's in my life. x3 cop
pimp.gif
I love these shoes that much.

NobleKane wrote:you hit it right on the nail. they were heavy, hard cushioning, and had problems with sliding. not to mention not very good ankle support.

nike must be on crack these days. they are actually gonna charge 160 for these? did they not learn when they retroed this shoe the first time? or the pippen 2's?

+ 1 on the heavy and the sliding. The others, i didn't have any real problem with.
As for the $160, retailers will probably buy enough to justifythe cost of Nike producing them . After that, i doubt they really care if retailers have to discount them shortly after release.

Originally Posted by NTinfomaniac

8/1/08
Black/White/Varsity Red

9/1/08
Tar/White/Light Taupe/Sunset

11/1/08
Black/Black/Black

12/1/08
Black/White/Varsity Purple
thanks for the info AGAIN!
smokin.gif

8/1/08
Black/White/Varsity Red THATS all im gunnin for.
pimp.gif

won't sell. not out here, i can GUARENTEE it. ill buy them gladly though when they're cheaper.

but the sunset pair. that sounds meh.

all black....meh but still who knows.

now the purple! if its purple where the red was on the pippens its a go

Back
Top Bottom