Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

They stated in the email that they are recalling all Epic React shoes.

They didn't state which colors though...

Strangely, mine stopped popping since they replied to me...

post the email, I want to see what they say

I called Claims and they said there is no recall

They stated in the email that they are recalling all Epic React shoes.

They didn't state which colors though...

Strangely, mine stopped popping since they replied to me...

Contradiction; Does not compute.

If they recalled ALL then they would not go forward with a release tomorrow not still have pairs available for purchase via their own site and other retailers.

Again, I’m sure this is isolated occurrences and if you are a customer affected Nike will handle it. By no means is this scrap the whole line for a total product recall.

Even if things are “poppin” on NT, that surely isn’t indicative to whether or not the general public is “poppin” or not.

On another note, my 2/5 OGs still aren’t “poppin” so I guess that’s whack. :lol:

it seems the popping is regulated to the navy, black and grey pairs

I have the all black, 2/5's, navy and a second pair of 2/5's and only the navy popped when I was moving last Sunday, since then they haven't and I have rocked them daily to walk/run

the popping has to be vastly overstated on NT because it would be all over the place if it was almost every Epic React

it seems the popping is regulated to the navy, black and grey pairs

I have the all black, 2/5's, navy and a second pair of 2/5's and only the navy popped when I was moving last Sunday, since then they haven't and I have rocked them daily to walk/run

the popping has to be vastly overstated on NT because it would be all over the place if it was almost every Epic React
My 2/5 pops.

Contradiction; Does not compute.

If they recalled ALL then they would not go forward with a release tomorrow not still have pairs available for purchase via their own site and other retailers.

Again, I’m sure this is isolated occurrences and if you are a customer affected Nike will handle it. By no means is this scrap the whole line for a total product recall.

Even if things are “poppin” on NT, that surely isn’t indicative to whether or not the general public is “poppin” or not.

On another note, my 2/5 OGs still aren’t “poppin” so I guess that’s whack. :lol:

Smh IMO the fact that things are “popping” on NT is VERY much indicative as to whether or not the general public pairs are popping. General public casual buyers just aren’t on NT and don’t have a place other than maybe Nike customer service to voice there concerns and complaints. If the problem pursist with us here on NT I can only imagine how many more people are effected and are either ignoring it or just don’t have a clue on how to go about solving the problem other than just returning them to Nike. And Nike is still pushing the marketing for these so hard that people probably thinking their pairs are supposed to pop lol. My point is many people if not most owners of this shoe have the popping issue and Nike needs to be held accountable and do something significant about this. This is a really great shoe that they’ve invested in and I want it to do well as the direct competitor to UB. I was excited to get something new from Nike, they look beautiful and the OG cws are dope. That’s why I’m so concerned. Don’t understand how they could miss this with claiming all those hours of wear testing. I’ve never had this bad of a defect on a Nike shoe ever. Idk we’ll see what happens.

Smh IMO the fact that things are “popping” on NT is VERY much indicative as to whether or not the general public pairs are popping. General public casual buyers just aren’t on NT and don’t have a place other than maybe Nike customer service to voice there concerns and complaints. If the problem pursist with us here on NT I can only imagine how many more people are effected and are either ignoring it or just don’t have a clue on how to go about solving the problem other than just returning them to Nike. And Nike is still pushing the marketing for these so hard that people probably thinking their pairs are supposed to pop lol. My point is many people if not most owners of this shoe have the popping issue and Nike needs to be held accountable and do something significant about this. This is a really great shoe that they’ve invested in and I want it to do well as the direct competitor to UB. I was excited to get something new from Nike, they look beautiful and the OG cws are dope. That’s why I’m so concerned. Don’t understand how they could miss this with claiming all those hours of wear testing. I’ve never had this bad of a defect on a Nike shoe ever. Idk we’ll see what happens.
With testing done in smaller batches, it's easy to see how it was missed. Seems something happened when they scaled up for full production. Hard to fix a manufacturing defect in the testing phase if it hadn't happened just yet.

fam they will take them back and give you a voucher for another pair, what more do you want them to do?

Nike isn't going to recall a shoe if they have determined it is not every pair

What would you consider "significant" that Nike should do?

What would you consider "significant" that Nike should do?

For starters I think they should make an official press release like statement genuinely acknowledging the issue as a widespread issue (which it is) and have those effected either send their pairs back for a full refund OR a direct replacement of the shoe, in the same cw. Maybe even tell people to go to their local Nike stores/outlet and have a dedicated Nike team member witness and attest that the shoe is indeed defective and then give the cust a voucher for a direct replacement of the same shoe in the same cw with a date on when the cust can expect the replaced product in the mail. If they know of an easy fix they can fix my initial pair and just send it back. That’s just a few ideas. The main thing is they should make an effort to accommodate those who don’t necessarily want the new cws but instead want the cws they initially purchased.

For starters I think they should make an official press release like statement genuinely acknowledging the issue as a widespread issue (which it is) and have those effected either send their pairs back for a full refund OR a direct replacement of the shoe, in the same cw. Maybe even tell people to go to their local Nike stores/outlet and have a dedicated Nike team member witness and attest that the shoe is indeed defective and then give the cust a voucher for a direct replacement of the same shoe in the same cw with a date on when the cust can expect the replaced product in the mail. If they know of an easy fix they can fix my initial pair and just send it back. That’s just a few ideas. The main thing is they should make an effort to accommodate those who don’t necessarily want the new cws but instead want the cws they initially purchased.
So you want them to make an entire run of shoes to replace the few that pop? Yea that's not going to happen. As someone that has a pair that pops, I'll either keep them or trade them in for another color. Not a huge deal.

So you want them to make an entire run of shoes to replace the few that pop? Yea that's not going to happen. As someone that has a pair that pops, I'll either keep them or trade them in for another color. Not a huge deal.

he basically wants to them commit Epic React suicide

minus will put out a press release that says go buy Ultra Boosts or UA Hovr's instead of the Epic React

You need actual market data to make a blanket statement like that. Unless you’ve surveyed a segment, NT forum or not, no data no foot to stand on.

Press release? Business 101, extinguish the small fires, don't fan the flames. I could see if this was a problem for more than 50% of the consumer base for this model, but without quantitative or qualitative data, again, all there is to stand on is what other NT members say or if you know someone outside of this forum who also has the issue.

Good idea though for those consumers that have the issue, about going to a Nike location to exchange defective product for voucher under supervision of Nike Team Member.

At the end of the day, there is profit to be made and I don't think this issue will stop that. Even though my pair doesn't pop, if it did, honestly acknowledgement and a voucher would be enough. What more should I realistically expect? It's just a pair of shoes...

Back
Top Bottom