Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Hey guys I’m new!

So I used to own a pair in OG navy that I ended up returning a few months ago due to popping. Tomorrow I’m heading to a shop (in Germany if that matters) and I really want to buy back a new pair of the same color, but it is not clear to me if they have been restocked in the OG navy from new batches, or are only the new colorways from new batches that are 100% guaranteed to be fixed? Could someone knowledgeable on the subject please help? Thanks!

PS: Sorry to reopen popgate but I’d be really pissed if after months of waiting, my second pair had the issue as well.
Bump, but not really. Ended up going for the Black/Orbit Red. Ran in them today and they felt fine and no annoying popping. I kinda miss the navys but I went for the safer choice.

FFAB7F70-5DC6-4F94-B900-ADC056519658.jpeg

Yeah, to answer the sizing question about the ripstop upper on the Zoom Fly SPs, going 1/2 size up is almost a requirement. For the Off-White Zoom Flys using the same material, it's better to go 1 whole size up or get thin socks (like the Nike Elite Lightweight running socks) to fit the 1/2 size up.

This is just a precautionary heads-up though... Who knows how the React Elements will fit, really.

I’m 11.5 in Zoom Fly and 12 in SP. In Off-white Zoom Fly, from what you’re saying would you recommend 12 or 12.5? FYI I have Elite Lightweight and Elite Cushioned socks aplenty.

Bump, but not really. Ended up going for the Black/Orbit Red. Ran in them today and they felt fine and no annoying popping. I kinda miss the navys but I went for the safer choice.

FFAB7F70-5DC6-4F94-B900-ADC056519658.jpeg

Sorry for the no-response about this! There was a small restock, but even that batch had some shoes that were popping, I believe. There was a technique provided by someone here ( F Four by Six - was it you?) where you have to cut a small slit in the forefoot of the strobel underneath the insole or something like that. Regardless, I think you can always just wait to get the navy one again IF it restocks or buy it back on eBay or StockX although it is pretty expensive now.

I’m 11.5 in Zoom Fly and 12 in SP. In Off-white Zoom Fly, from what you’re saying would you recommend 12 or 12.5? FYI I have Elite Lightweight and Elite Cushioned socks aplenty.

if you wear the Lightweight socks more often, size 12 is fine. If you wear the Cushioned socks or any sock thicker than the Lightweight sock, go with 12.5. I went with a size 9 since there were no 9.5s that was less than $500 (that was how much I got them for) when I was looking at the resale market really late for them, but it's all about finding a solution. :wink:

you have to cut a small slit in the forefoot of the strobel underneath the insole or something like that.

Yes, it was me, but I was just re-posting what others had found out. You make a 1 inch long slit only deep enough to go through the strobel board starting at the front hole and going straight towards the rear hole. When I de-soled my first pair of Epics, there was a huge pocket of air between the strobel and midsole, due to them having slightly different shapes.

Not according to these pictures...

nike-react-element-87-AQ1090-100-6.jpg
These are cute if you are never going to wear them and just want to look at them.
On foot they are going to bun....first of all I don't even think these will be wearable for periods of time, not long not short but all periods of time...on foot they are going to bunch/wrinkle/drape/crumble unless you size down 2 full sizes....That material is something I'd want on my Umbrella, not my shoe.

Last edited:
These are cute if you are never going to wear them and just want to look at them.
On foot they are going to bun....first of all I don't even think these will be wearable for periods of time, not long not short but all periods of time...on foot they are going to bunch/wrinkle/drape/crumble unless you size down 2 full sizes....That material is something I'd want on my Umbrella, not my shoe.
It doesnt on the zoom fly.

Back
Top Bottom