Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

bottom right of the Odyssey react shields look great

anyone have a pair and can comment on their comfort sizing vs epic react?

222D45D8-D79F-4C92-BFB4-07BB2BAA562B.png

some sizes sitting since they are only available to EU / Canada

Managed to grab the Belgiums in a 10.5. I can wear an AM1 at that size with with them being flyknit I'm hoping they're not a tight fit for peeps with wide hobbit style feet.

Last edited:
bottom right of the Odyssey react shields look great

anyone have a pair and can comment on their comfort sizing vs epic react?
I've had my Odyssey Reacts for a couple of months and Epic Reacts for a month. Long story short: I like the Epic Reacts better.

Long story long: the upper on the two is very different. So different that it's almost not fair to compare them. The Odyssey has a snug fit, mostly from the neoprene tongue that really locks your foot down. The Epic upper is so light I usually can't even feel it. I think it's probably a matter of personal preference which one people would prefer, but I think that on balance I like the Epic better. But I actually like them both.

The midsole of the Odyssey is thinner than the Epic, and that's most noticeable in the toe and ball of the foot. Sometimes when I run I feel like I don't have any cushioning at all on my toes. Not all the time though. It probably depends on my stride length that day (whether I land on my heel, midfoot or toe). I haven't figured it out yet. But sometimes I really notice it. Some may like that, if they like a more minimal feel, but I do not. The Epic React feels good all the time. The React foam itself is awesome and most of the time both shoes feel about the same.

When I got the Epics I immediately thought they were better than the Odyssey, but I couldn't decide if they were $30 better. But after wearing both for a while I think they are. But I still like both shoes (I wore the Odyssey's to the gym today and they felt good). But if I got only one, I'd get the Epics.

I wear the same size in both.

C7EAD574-6850-4BAC-AFC4-5C33D8763B35.jpeg
Seems like people either love this shoe or they hate it, not much neutrals. I love it...going to try to get as many colorways as possible. Spring “19” ready. :smile:
damn..all retail? I have the sails and volts. debating if I want to pay resale for the photo blues

damn..all retail? I have the sails and volts. debating if I want to pay resale for the photo blues
No, I wish...all resell. SNKRS hates me after 2 SW retail. Luckily the photo blue ($236) and desert sand ($203) was close to retail. Honestly I think the photo blue look better in picture...i still like it a lot but I was kinda expecting it to “wow” me more, maybe I was expecting too much before it arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! Happy to see Nike copy my uncaged Epics! I'm somewhat concerned the leather heel strap might rub the achilles tendon, but probably not. And the tall upper flyknit might rub the ankles, so at least mid socks would be needed. Can't wait to get my hands on these (though in a different color way).

with_swoosh.jpg

My uncaged Epics are my favorite shoe by a long mile. Slip on quickly, super comfortable, light as a feather, cool and breathable, and believe it or not it has become my goto shoe for long runs. In theory it should be too loose and slip around and cause hot spots and blisters, yet in practice it stays in position. Actually, I noticed that I no longer had any foot fatigue after runs which I am guessing is because of the increased blood flow to/from and around my foot. Not sure why.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom