Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Do the Nova Blast have a wider platform like the React Infinity? I like the added stability the wider base offers without actually having a medial posting.

I just compared a few shoes in my closet on way out of the door this morning. In terms of width, I would rank as follows starting with most narrow:

Zoom Fly (OG)
ZF Fly Knit
Peg 33
ER2
Peg 35
Nova Blast

I just compared a few shoes in my closet on way out of the door this morning. In terms of width, I would rank as follows starting with most narrow:

Zoom Fly (OG)
ZF Fly Knit
Peg 33
ER2
Peg 35
Nova Blast
I just compared my Nova, Infinity, and Turbo 2s (all in 9.5) and the Infinity is noticeably wider in the forefoot than the Nova, and slightly wider in the heel. Compared to the Turbo 2, the Nova is almost identical in forefoot and heel width. As far as running experience goes, the Infinity is more stable than the Nova, especially in the heel. If you're a heel striker, the Nova could feel unstable. But the FlyteFoam Blast compound feels much more bouncy than React.

I just compared my Nova, Infinity, and Turbo 2s (all in 9.5) and the Infinity is noticeably wider in the forefoot than the Nova, and slightly wider in the heel. Compared to the Turbo 2, the Nova is almost identical in forefoot and heel width. As far as running experience goes, the Infinity is more stable than the Nova, especially in the heel. If you're a heel striker, the Nova could feel unstable. But the FlyteFoam Blast compound feels much more bouncy than React.

performance wise, how would you rank the 3 for you personal preference?

i used to love using my turbos but lately have loved my reacts more since it just felt more bouncy and you mentioning the nova being bouncier makes me want to get a pair

performance wise, how would you rank the 3 for you personal preference?

i used to love using my turbos but lately have loved my reacts more since it just felt more bouncy and you mentioning the nova being bouncier makes me want to get a pair
I end up using the Infinity the most since most of my runs lately have been easy runs, but I would say the Nova is better suited for going faster and being up on your forefoot/midfoot. Nova can be a little trickier to dial in the lacing, but ultimately has a more secure fit than the Infinity, particularly in the heel, which helps when going faster or even just cornering. Turbo 2 is probably most conducive to going fast of the 3, but given that I rarely do tempo runs, I would prefer the other 2 for longer runs.

I end up using the Infinity the most since most of my runs lately have been easy runs, but I would say the Nova is better suited for going faster and being up on your forefoot/midfoot. Nova can be a little trickier to dial in the lacing, but ultimately has a more secure fit than the Infinity, particularly in the heel, which helps when going faster or even just cornering. Turbo 2 is probably most conducive to going fast of the 3, but given that I rarely do tempo runs, I would prefer the other 2 for longer runs.

appreciate the feedback! i’m a mid foot striker so looks like the nova might be beneficial. looks like i’m gonna cop a pair soon

Ordered these
IMG_3025.PNG

with plans to convert them to these...

20-200957_izuku-midoriya-two-heroes-boku-no-hero-academia.png

80A29C4A-4408-4A62-B9F8-94451A8ABB27.jpeg

I’ve had the Infinity React since day one and I’ve grown to really enjoy it as my daily runner. I’ve gradually shaved time off of my shorter runs and increased my distance on longer days. Maybe it’s the shoe or maybe it’s just consistency. I swapped out one day last week for my Peg Turbos, which have 275mi on them and I hated that run. Maybe they’re at the end of their life. My Infinity Reacts have 215mi and it feels like they get better with each run and are aging gracefully. I thought about trying the Peg37 or React Miler, but I think the Infinity React might be the golden goose for me. Still looking forward to trying the Tempo Next% in the fall.

Last edited:
For those who registered for the NikeLA 13.1, check your NRC app for a unique 30% off code off full priced items on NDC.

Is there a big difference from the ER2s and the Infinity Reacts?
I’d say so. There is a much larger and wider midsole as well as a rocker design in the Infinity.

There have been mixed preferences between the two; however, for me the Infinity are a far superior shoe running wise. For reference, I tried both the ER and ER2 but returned both within Nike’s 30 day window while I have upwards of 200 miles on the Infinity and I may pick up the Crimson pair since the React Miler look like a bust.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom