Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

Yeti collab, NikeLab. 16/07/2020.

yetiout_1594470098_1.jpg
yetiout_1594470098_2.jpg
yetiout_1594470098_3.jpg
yetiout_1594470098_4.jpg
yetiout_1594470098_5.jpg

Grabbed the Infinity the other day with a birthday discount. I'm a huge fan of the Epic Reacts and have about 20 pairs of them. Infinity are much wider and experienced a little heel slippage (like others) but it wasn't too bad. I felt the arch was pretty high and after a wear it wasn't anymore. I still have a wear out my Epic Reacts before I go too heavy into these.

Grabbed the Infinity the other day with a birthday discount. I'm a huge fan of the Epic Reacts and have about 20 pairs of them. Infinity are much wider and experienced a little heel slippage (like others) but it wasn't too bad. I felt the arch was pretty high and after a wear it wasn't anymore. I still have a wear out my Epic Reacts before I go too heavy into these.
What Nike send u for your b day? They didn’t send me one this year

guess I gotta hit up chat

C1B78ED0-95E6-4654-999F-7C6AA519C130.png

500mi Club!
Still nothing but good things to say about the Infinity. Definitely one of my favorite daily trainers (I used to love the Lunarglides and Lunar Racers/Tempos). I used for some speed days but more for distance, and the claim about less injury/less recovery time I feel is valid compared to daily running in Turbos or VFFK4%, Next%, etc (I’m a heel striker). These are easy on the knees and no plantar fasciitis has crept up on me, even when I floor it.

Maybe I’ll throw them in the wash for celebratory purposes.

C1B78ED0-95E6-4654-999F-7C6AA519C130.png

500mi Club!
Still nothing but good things to say about the Infinity. Definitely one of my favorite daily trainers (I used to love the Lunarglides and Lunar Racers/Tempos). I used for some speed days but more for distance, and the claim about less injury/less recovery time I feel is valid compared to daily running in Turbos or VFFK4%, Next%, etc (I’m a heel striker). These are easy on the knees and no plantar fasciitis has crept up on me, even when I floor it.

Maybe I’ll throw them in the wash for celebratory purposes.

That's awesome to see! I'm curious about the protection for the knees. How were your knees feeling like after running in other shoes vs. these? I just ordered the Pegasus 37s and since it has React, I'm hoping it'll provide something similar.

I gotta birthday discount, too. How does it work (MY first time getting it)

Can I use it on SNKRS?

Can I get 20% off any shoe I want including new releases?

it's only applies in my cart.

There’s exclusions. You don’t really know unless you add to cart and see if it automatically applies the discount on the item. I don’t think you can use it on Snkrs app right away.

You can try by purchasing something off snkrs then go on Nike chat and see if they can apply the 20% off.

Grabbed a pair of the Phantoms from the Nike in-app sale for about $65. I really like them so far and find the feel to be similar to the regular pairs with laces. I also continue to be very disappointed by Nike's treatment of the Epic React. It's my favorite shoe of the past few years--it's versatile, comfortable, suitable for casual wear and running--but I barely own any of them because there are never any good collaborations or story lines that involve them. :-/

DSCF4479-Edit.jpg

Grabbed a pair of the Phantoms from the Nike in-app sale for about $65. I really like them so far and find the feel to be similar to the regular pairs with laces. I also continue to be very disappointed by Nike's treatment of the Epic React. It's my favorite shoe of the past few years--it's versatile, comfortable, suitable for casual wear and running--but I barely own any of them because there are never any good collaborations or story lines that involve them. :-/

DSCF4479-Edit.jpg

i mean the epic reacts are just your basic runner with more of a performance based purpose. i don’t think the intention was to really have it be a shoe to collab with or have much story telling like some of their other popular lifestyle shoes.

to me it’s kinda just a running shoe that serves its purpose and all the collab/hype stuff was given to the element react

i mean the epic reacts are just your basic runner with more of a performance based purpose. i don’t think the intention was to really have it be a shoe to collab with or have much story telling like some of their other popular lifestyle shoes.

to me it’s kinda just a running shoe that serves its purpose and all the collab/hype stuff was given to the element react
Which is disappointing to me, that they reserve that treatment for lifestyle shoes. The Element React 87 had a cool design, but I didn’t find it very comfortable and it wasn’t good for running. The closest Nike has come to what I want recently is the Zoom Fly SP of which I own several pairs.

Collabs and exclusive colorways are reserved for lifestyle models thats just the nature of it. ER was never meant to be that it's a performance runner with a pretty boring design, not much could be done with it anyway. 87's are hella comfortable btw...

Collabs and exclusive colorways are reserved for lifestyle models thats just the nature of it. ER was never meant to be that it's a performance runner with a pretty boring design, not much could be done with it anyway. 87's are hella comfortable btw...
It doesn't need to be that way, though. Look at what Adidas did with the Ultra Boost before they killed it with oversaturation of coloways, etc. Or what Nike did with the Zoom Fly--we got five different Off-White versions, Gyakusou/Undercover, city-specific marathon versions, and a handful of pretty limited colorways. Those are all more interesting than what we got for the ERs--Belgiums, Dawn to Dusk, what else?!

Picked these up today $99 + 30% off (Crazy because they were 350-400 at one point)
Been eyeballing a 87 pair just couldn’t decide on a color.

Hopefully that white pair shows up at an outlet soon :lol:
50E75129-31E9-4393-83F6-E146D36AFD99.jpeg

It doesn't need to be that way, though. Look at what Adidas did with the Ultra Boost before they killed it with oversaturation of coloways, etc. Or what Nike did with the Zoom Fly--we got five different Off-White versions, Gyakusou/Undercover, city-specific marathon versions, and a handful of pretty limited colorways. Those are all more interesting than what we got for the ERs--Belgiums, Dawn to Dusk, what else?!
There were also a couple of Blue Ribbon Sports CWs of the ER.

i mean the epic reacts were on NBY so you had the ability to customize it in terms of the limited color options.

not sure how collabs come to life, but feel like if anybody wanted to really do one with the epics, it would’ve been done but those designers opted for other models like the zoom flys, pegs, peg turbos, vaporflys, etc since more can be done with those shoes

i mean the epic reacts were on NBY so you had the ability to customize it in terms of the limited color options.

not sure how collabs come to life, but feel like if anybody wanted to really do one with the epics, it would’ve been done but those designers opted for other models like the zoom flys, pegs, peg turbos, vaporflys, etc since more can be done with those shoes
It's a knit, though. So, you could basically do anything with the upper, unlike a shoe with a fixed design of individual panels. Cf. the VaporMax and also the ER's predecessor, the Flyknit Lunar, which got a Supreme collab in 2013.

And yes, I probably should have copped the PSG NBY or Paris pair.

It's a knit, though. So, you could basically do anything with the upper, unlike a shoe with a fixed design of individual panels. Cf. the VaporMax and also the ER's predecessor, the Flyknit Lunar, which got a Supreme collab in 2013.

And yes, I probably should have copped the PSG NBY or Paris pair.
Epic Reacts are now discontinued. It seems pointless to complain about them at this point. Try out the Infinity. They’re a big improvement. They also have an AIR collab that’s available.

Back
Top Bottom