Nike REACT ....INSTANT GO

A handful of extreme WMNs sized ER1s and ER2s (size 9 and up) are on sale at my local clearance store for $40 minus another 20% off ($32 before taxes).

Last edited:
2F7F2867-0F76-46A2-AF16-57F7A5ABAD9E.jpeg

NDC was good to me this week.
How’s the Infinity’s insole?

6E89CBAA-05D5-45C9-9FF4-4CCD0F2C7E59.jpeg
000A456F-1741-4FAB-AA05-59005CE11D30.png

They came in while I was at work this morning, so 4mi NRC run then 1.5mi cool down midday as opposed to my early morning runs. 72°F & light mist.

First takeaways:
-More React & Softer React = Louder React. I’m sure after breaking them in the squishing sound probably dissipates. It almost sounds like a VaporMax when walking around. When running, you can hear it, less muted though.
-At different speeds, heel to toe transition feels good.
-Feels like a closer cousin to the Pegasus Turbo. Has the softer ride but without the somewhat sinking feeling of React + ZoomX.
-Very roomy, hence the stance socks. I have maybe a little more than thumb width’s space from the front of my foot to the tip of the shoe. I may try a 12.5 to see the difference.
-Difference in the new/different flyknit material is negligible, you don’t even really notice it.
-I don’t like the bunching of the flyknit material on the tongue over the top of your foot when tightening/lacing.

Overall, a step up over the Epic React since it has been laid to rest. I guess time will tell if it lives up to the claims of fewer injuries and more runs, etc.

The thunder grey/ocean fog finally dropped to $99.95. Hope there will be a promo code soon. Have 3 CW in mind.

Don’t think I have ever seen that CW

I actually saw that one but went wit the blue/white pair instead. Didn’t know it has 3M either.

Dont worry, I’m sure more of the 2’s will be more widely available soon as Nike is ending the epic read series, so the old model has to make way for the new one. The cycle confines.

Sucks it only has 2 iterations of the epic flyknit.

I took the Infinity Run out for a decent 5 miler this afternoon. I wasn’t sure how these would perform as I had worn Vomero 14’s yesterday and the IR felt a little mushy when I first put them on; however, once I started running they worked well.

I’m a forefoot striker and these work well with my stride. I took them on a rolling hills 5 mile route that I typically run on the weekends. You can definitely feel the added cushion and if you land on the sweet spot in the forefoot/mid foot it’s got a nice bounce. Everything I read was that they are for easy days. I would consider this more of a medium effort and the shoe handled paces from 6:28 to 5:56 per mile fine. Hoping to get these out for some more runs this week and break them in a little more.

saw the IR in-person at nike 5th ave in nyc today; the pink-ish color was a little less loud than i expected. they also had the black and white pair. stoked to have mine in-hand tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom