Nike Roshe Run: An Iconic Shoe?

balloonoboy

Banned
Is it too soon to name the Roshe Runs an iconic shoe, in line with the air maxes, jordan, and pennys?

I mean you get so much for $70 and they are by all accounts one of the most comfortable shoes out there.

And they seem to be gobbled out by the masses within weeks of release. Most days I forego the air maxes and jordan in favor of the roshes.

If it hasn't reached that "status" already, it is well on its way.

Pics

I want a pair, just been using my money to do other things. IDK about iconic, I've yet to see it enter the popular media which is the final step for attaining that status IMO. I need KanYe or Wale to rap about it before I can give it that label

Last edited:
Yes, i have two pairs. Definitely one of the best shoes in terms on price, comfort, style, nike has dropped in a while.

i need a black pair..

i have the red pair and i love them.. they are too comfortable.

zappos vip is taking forever to put up new pairs.

man the hypebeasts gobble these up. before when ppl werent noticing them i could easily get a pair. now i cant get a pair due to them being so limited.

and they arent touching air maxes.

I wouldn't mind a pair of Iguanas.

Most comfortable shoes? I am going to assume that's an overstatement.

I don't see what ya'll see in this shoe. Between the thread in the Nike section and all these pics of them on instagram, cats really seem to love em. They look like they can be comfortable, but the shoe just looks meh to me.

I have the Sirens, they're dope. A nice, simple, well put together shoe. Most comfortable shoes EVER too.

They would be if the toe box wasn't so unflattering for people with big feet. They should have put a toe cushioning piece that creates that shape you see when the inserts are in them in every display pic. Instead, the toe box is determined by how your toes are shaped.

I had probably the most hyped up CW in the shoe's history, the Calypso's/Teals when they first came out. Tried them on, they looked like Aquatic shoes on my Size 13 feet with long toes. Sold them for retail + shipping. Was stuck with them for a good week, afraid I wouldn't be able to get rid of them.

Almost immediately after I sold them for Retail + Shipping to some dude here on NT, I got emails on Sole Collector and Here almost everyday asking if I still had them.
mean.gif

Afraid to see what the resell prices are now, I know I'll be kicking myself.

I want the Black/Whites cause I need some shoes I can rock with any outfit, but I don't want to do the Aquatic shoe thing and I know if I cop this time, I'll be too lazy to make listings/return them/ship them out and subliminally the hype they have now will make me keep them.

Great design, just failed execution on the toe.

I'll wait 10 years when they do a version with whatever cheap *** tech Nike is pushing by then and they fix the toe box issue.

TBH, I feel like the Kobe VI's are this shoe on steroids (I know the ZKVI came out before the Roshes). If I could find the ZKVI's in the Platinum/Cool Grey colorway they had for retail...Oh my. Slept on the ZKVI's hard.

Last edited:
I have the iguanas and sport red. Love them. Been rocking them so much more than my other shoes. The Calypso ones are the illest colorway tho....still need to find a pair.:smokin

I think i'm the only person in the world who found these very uncomfortable. The area where the very first laceholes are pinched my toes like crazy. I was wearing small socks too and I have a narrow foot. I even tried to size up and had the same problem.

Look wise they are nothing special. Great in terms of price, something affordable compared to everything else Nike has been releasing these days. I think more time needs to pass before you throw the iconic label at these though.

I can't bring myself to spend $70 on such a simple shoe. These should be priced the same as Vans. Hot shoe, but I'll wait until if/when they drop to below $50. In the mean time, I'd rather spend $70 on a pair of Air Max 1s or Kobes

I can't bring myself to spend $70 on such a simple shoe. These should be priced the same as Vans. Hot shoe, but I'll wait until if/when they drop to below $50. In the mean time, I'd rather spend $70 on a pair of Air Max 1s or Kobes

wait, what? its very difficult to find them at that price. You would be very lucky to get them at that price. Zappos occasionally would have a sale but you gotta be quick :smh: They sell out quick

Back
Top Bottom