Nike Roshe Run: An Iconic Shoe?

I prefer shoes/sneakers i can in all weather.

These look like they would be terrible to have on in any kind of weather that gives way to precipitation.

Last edited:
they look weird in person. i saw them for the first time on someones feet. looked odd

The price is what makes them most attractive....other than that, I'd take free runs, since you get Nike+ with them, nice colors and now those are comfortable my friend....if the flyknits didn't cost an arm and a leg they'll be a strong competitor....damb I used to looooooove 95's....nowadays I can't find a pair that even attracts me...seems the air bubble had its good run :frown:

Not at all. It's more like a cult shoe for the moment, they will not be considered iconic until the average joe knows about them

wait, what? its very difficult to find them at that price. You would be very lucky to get them at that price. Zappos occasionally would have a sale but you gotta be quick :smh: They sell out quick

They made it to Nordstrom Rack for around ~$45, my brother got his pair from there. There was at least 2 colorways there.

I'm not really a big fan of how they look though. I like Free Runs better and they are much more versatile (and looks better but that's subjective), I run and do Plyo/HIIT with them. I wouldn't even call Free Runs a fad, they are actually very functional and I can workout with them the rest of my life but I wouldn't call the Free Runs iconic either, at least not at this time.

Last edited:
I prefer shoes/sneakers i can in all weather.
These look like they would be terrible to have on in any kind of weather that gives way to precipitation.

they're meant to be worn in warm weather, can be worn without socks also

So in other words, they're a "luxury item"? A luxury item geared toward folks who can afford different kinds of sneakers for the changing seasons/different kinds of weather?

Gotta love consumer culture, :lol: x :smh:

Last edited:
Not at all. It's more like a cult shoe for the moment, they will not be considered iconic until the average joe knows about them

And who do you assume is buying up fsr? Resellers? Can't eem find my size in the decent colors on eBay. Prestos and frees are aplenty.

Their cost-effectiveness, versatility, and uber comfort definitely make them a candidate to potentially be iconic.

Last edited:

And who do you assume is buying up fsr? Resellers? Can't eem find my size in the decent colors.

Their cost-effectiveness, versatility, and uber comfort definitely make them a candidate to potentially be iconic.
People who know/care about shoes. When I say average joe I mean people who don't check NT or other shoe forums and buy shoes when they REALLY need them. The frees are closer to iconic than the roshes IMO

Are Roshe a huge/widely released sneaker? I mean are they as mass produced as say Free Runs where they occupy regular shoe stores like Footlocker, Finishline, Champs, etc...? I only see them being sold at Shiekh (where they always have a pair on display so I assume they aren't selling out in that store) and other smalles shoe stores and they seem to sell out online fairly quick.

Are Roshe a huge/widely released sneaker? I mean are they as mass produced as say Free Runs where they occupy regular shoe stores like Footlocker, Finishline, Champs, etc...? I only see them being sold at Shiekh (where they always have a pair on display so I assume they aren't selling out in that store) and other smalles shoe stores and they seem to sell out online fairly quick.
no they arent widely released. sheik has em on display but has no sizes unless ur a 8 or 15

they were first got hot when they were discovered at nordstrom rack for 55 bucks. thats where i bought em. but after that they kinda exploded and u cant get em at the rack anymore. its pretty hard to get these unless ur searching for them nonstop

You would have to be using the word 'iconic' really loosely if you consider these iconic.

Last edited:
You would have to be using the word 'iconic' really loosely if you consider these iconic.
This. Besides Niketalk and smaller forums/blogs, these get no attention anywhere else. For a shoe to be iconic it has to have wide appeal.

Nike hasn't had an iconic running shoe imo since the Air Max 360.

The Presto albeit a fad, were iconic.

The Roshe Run is trash. Most of you won't be wearing it next Summer.

Last edited:
I think i'm the only person in the world who found these very uncomfortable. The area where the very first laceholes are pinched my toes like crazy. I was wearing small socks too and I have a narrow foot. I even tried to size up and had the same problem.
Air Maxes do the same thing to my feet.

I honestly think people got caught in the hype way too hard. Coupled with an attractive price, it was like an avalanche.
laugh.gif

Dont get me wrong, really nice kicks, comfortable, but they really arent all that. Sometimes I feel its too flimsy. Only the colorways with a white bottom look nice IMO.

Fly Knits >

Back
Top Bottom