Nike SB x Jordan IV? - 2023

In York, UK for my daughter’s gymnastics competition.
IMG_9413.jpeg

After the news of the white/navy pair broke, checked with my guy and apparently JB has had a change of heart. Looks like we may have 3 more colors on the way in addition to the navy. Despite what someone else may try to claim, this is a VERY recent development, as the team at JB wanted nothing more to do with it after the green pair dropped.

Yea because they’re sooooo busy cooking up classics like this.
IMG_9211.jpeg

I'm saying this from strictly MY pov. This is not anything that has been told to me, just simply the impression that I got from the info I was given. Personally, I think JB might've been embarrassed that they loaned out a silhouette to a department they didn't consider as important, and that less important department absolutely killed anything JB had put out for quite a while. And in their backwards thinking, instead of saying "these were a hit, let's capitalize," they said "well, we can't have anything like that happen again." :lol:

I'm saying this from strictly MY pov. This is not anything that has been told to me, just simply the impression that I got from the info I was given. Personally, I think JB might've been embarrassed that they loaned out a silhouette to a department they didn't consider as important, and that less important department absolutely killed anything JB had put out for quite a while. And in their backwards thinking, instead of saying "these were a hit, let's capitalize," they said "well, we can't have anything like that happen again." :lol:
Hopefully it was a wake-up call. The team over at SB clearly has some talent when it comes to attention to detail. It’s easier for them since they’re much smaller, but yea that particular release definitely put into perspective just how horrible the 4s that JB was churning out actually were.

They should be in their feelings about SB having more respect for the product they hold ownership to. I also agree with your opinion on how they handled it. Even though I was impressed with the reimagined IV it kinda feels like the brand is stifling progress.

Instead of rising to the challenge they tried to take their ball and go home. Do they know who the product represents? Take that ish personally!

I'd rather have lazy colorways because Nike SB makes terrible colorways on Dunks. 80% of the colorways are literal clown colorways.

Jordan Brand is terrible with quality and attention to detail but their colorways are infinitely better than the dumb **** I see on SB Dunks.

anyone went 1/2 size down on these SB 4's? I feel a little too much room in my true to size 10. Thinking of grabbing a size 9.5.

Back
Top Bottom