Nike Skyposite: Pass or play?

Methodical Management

Staff member
Co-Founder
As some of you already know, the Nike Skyposite was revealed in our Nike forum a couple of weeks back.

Given DC's posite predilection, I'm curious as to what my fellow DC folk, Marylanders, and, yes, even you Virginians think about them.

From the original post:
skyposite - SRP $160

375505 401 Varsity Royal/Black
33ub9xi.jpg

375505 001 Black/Black-Anthracite
2ryrpdz.jpg

Honestly, the black pair is tempting me more than it has any right to. Something about this shoe just doesn't sit well with me - perhaps it's thekeds-esque stripe on the midsole (or the sheer fact that a foamposite even has a separate midsole, given that an integrated midsole served as one offoamposite's primary beneifts), perhaps it's the equally keds-esque grommets, the Blazer influence, or the discordant articulated toe, borrowed fromthe Flightposite III / Air Signature Player, which gives the shoe a bit of a clownish vibe.

Apart from any of that, though, the re-re-release of the Total Air Foamposite is likely what will prevent me from purchasing the Skyposite. Nike has thiswonderful habit of cannibalizing their own sales and dooming new releases to failure. You release the Foam One and Flightposite, then bring out the FoampositeLite... only to have the Foamposite One come back out again. It's the Pete Myers effect. It's hard enough to follow a legend... and even worse whenthat same legend suddenly follows you.

super pass.

but the total foamposite max re re re re re re re re re release is much appreciated
smile.gif
cannot go wrong with a fresh pair of duncans!!

Play, I like the slick look to it. It looks like it has a nice cushion too. I like the blue ones. They would look mean with some black socks and some baggyblack shorts on me.I think it looks a little weird also because they got the laces tied too tight. If you let those breathe a little, the shoe might look moresmooth and swole.

Don't they also have an eggplant c/w, i believe somebody posted the pic or maybe it was a photoshop

But anyways.. I would cop. A few claim this to be more of a casual wear foamposite shoe. Idk.. i want to be optimistic about these, the same way i was for theFoam Lites, which i have grown to truely love.

PASS!!!

The sad part about the black shoe is that they used the carbon fiber look that they used on the Flightposite 1....why not just re-release those or drop acarbon foamposite 1 with a clear bottom or a carbon fiber Duncan...why waste the carbon look on these sad excuses for shoes.

Originally Posted by Method Man

As some of you already know, the Nike Skyposite was revealed in our Nike forum a couple of weeks back.

Given DC's posite predilection, I'm curious as to what my fellow DC folk, Marylanders, and, yes, even you Virginians think about them.

HEY NOW!!!! that aint right.. My Virginian side represents that remark!!! Secondly.. I think the rest of NT would be jealous to know you actually started aThread in your hometown forum which DOES NOT rip P. iss or its owner S. the Bamma Mulligan!!
wink.gif
But how I miss those days!!!

But Movin on to address your Post...

I dont know WHAT the original Inspiration or Concept story was for this ... this.... Posite Puttogether....but from what I was told...

This can target your Skater.. Your Kanye Fan, and in some instances your Backpacker who fits some of the other molds....

I personally think this shoe is an affliction. What sort? I can't place my finger on it either.

It appears to go one way.. and suddenly the design switches up on you with another direction...

Its like you have to look at the shoe in parts closely and never stand back and look at it as one piece or product.

This seems to look like a New Age Chuck Taylor.

An Age I dont' want any parts of.

I see the vision.

It's just not gonna work, with o.g. heads.

New youngin's in D.C. will eat these up though.

It's a fair balance of the "skateboard" alternative look that has plaqued the area (i.e Blazer), with our love for wearing posites/foams aseveryday shoes (i.e. Pennys).

I can see a bunch of high school/college kids buying these up, especially the carbon fiber joints.

But I would assume that the material will be more "carbon-fiber-like" than solid carbon fiber material.

Why can't they just release the classics instead of this garbage?

This is also in reference to the foam lites.

grin.gif

The black pair looks a lot better which isn't saying a whole lot. I think the thing I like about certain models that incorporate the foamposite materialis their sleek, almost groundbreaking design that really stands out from everything else out there. These on the other hand just look more like a retro stylesneaker with foamposite material thrown on the uppers which just doesn't work IMO.

Back
Top Bottom