Nike Tiffany Dunk SB Appreciation Summer 2005 hype at all new levels

YO! Crazy. I had a dude from LA contact me leading up to release cause I posted in the official thread that (at that time) the closest spot to me confirmed to have them was a 4 hr. drive. Dude was like he would throw me gas $ and cop for $150. That's when I knew it was real.
Originally Posted by Stilllin729

WallyHopp wrote:
Definitely. So many other great shoes got overlooked and went for cheap because 95% of people wanted those. I love hype, as a non hype buyer.

yeah I grabbed those Blue/Lime/White FC's also and I think it was the Vapors that came out too?

Alien FC's. Copped me 2 pair that day.
pimp.gif

Some of you may've seen my post my story. But August 30, 2005 was probably the CHILLEST day of my life (whether that's good or bad, I don't know
laugh.gif
).

Woke up that morning turned my swag on and ran to Best Buy to grab Late Registration. Came back to the crib to let the disc play; figured I'd call some shops to see what was good. Called a spot in SC and dude was like UPS had just dropped them off. Told him I was driving from Charlotte, he said he'd hold me 2 pair - sz. 9 and 9.5. Called another spot in SC about 45 mins. south of the first spot; he tells me UPS was just turning into the parking lot as he answered the phone. Got him to hold me my sz. 12 and my homie's 10.5. From there I gassed the whip up and was on a solo mission. I drove through like 4 or 5 different severe scattered thunderstorms. I had to pull over a few times cause I literally couldn't see. Would call both spots every 20-30 mins to let them know I was still coming. Probably took me 4 hrs to make basically a 2 hr. ride.

Got the first 2 pair & bounced. The second spot is when it got real. These dudes I think had only been open maybe 3 months to that point. For buying the Tiffs and Alien FC's that day, they let me get the previous month's releases for 50% off! Copped Band Aids and Stussy Dunks for $37.50 each. All 4 Tiffs for retail. The thing that sucks is I'm ALMOST CERTAIN that 2nd spot would've let me cop their whole stock - I just didn't ask.
30t6p3b.gif
First store told me 2 pair limit and I just assumed it was the same at the 2nd store. I kick myself everyday over that. But Kanye was on repeat the whole way back.
pimp.gif
It basically ended up being a 10 hr. day of just being alone in the whip. New music, new kicks.

DF!!!

Mannnnnnnnnnnnn these and the Paris
The reselling prices are OD so ill prolly get them in time
30t6p3b.gif

Mannnnnnnnnnnnn these and the Paris
The reselling prices are OD so ill prolly get them in time
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Definitely. So many other great shoes got overlooked and went for cheap because 95% of people wanted those. I love hype, as a non hype buyer.

yeah I grabbed those Blue/Lime/White FC's also and I think it was the Vapors that came out too? 
Still want a pair of those. 
pimp.gif

and Tiffs.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Still want a pair of those. 
pimp.gif

and Tiffs.

You know I never realized that these were released when I was living out of a suitcase post Katrina. I knew they came out in 2005, but that entire year seems so clouded now. Knowing that now I think it seals the deal that I absolutely HAVE to get these at some point in my life.

You know I never realized that these were released when I was living out of a suitcase post Katrina. I knew they came out in 2005, but that entire year seems so clouded now. Knowing that now I think it seals the deal that I absolutely HAVE to get these at some point in my life.

I woke up at like 4am to get mine online from Caliroots. Was sure they'd cancel my order but they showed up a couple weeks later. Have not worn yet, just can't stand the thought of getting them messed up.

I woke up at like 4am to get mine online from Caliroots. Was sure they'd cancel my order but they showed up a couple weeks later. Have not worn yet, just can't stand the thought of getting them messed up.

every time this thread pops back up to the top I think that this is the year I need to go ahead and get a pair of these and a band for my girlfriend. Already have a jeweler working on the band so there's really only one piece missing from the puzzle.

every time this thread pops back up to the top I think that this is the year I need to go ahead and get a pair of these and a band for my girlfriend. Already have a jeweler working on the band so there's really only one piece missing from the puzzle.

Back
Top Bottom