Nike Total Griffey Max ’99 – 2012 via SneakerFiles

BTW, for all the folks complaining about the faux carbon fiber on the flames, I'm not really sure where this is coming from. The flames on the O.G. weren't carbon fiber at all. They were more like a vinyl or rubber, just like these retros. I've held the actual samples in my hand, and the shape/build is pretty darn close to the O.G. (with the exception of the G6 sole).

Peace,
J

BTW, for all the folks complaining about the faux carbon fiber on the flames, I'm not really sure where this is coming from. The flames on the O.G. weren't carbon fiber at all. They were more like a vinyl or rubber, just like these retros. I've held the actual samples in my hand, and the shape/build is pretty darn close to the O.G. (with the exception of the G6 sole).

Peace,
J

Originally Posted by jshortt

Peace,
J
Yes, yes, of course.  I certainly didn't want to give the impression that the OG's used carbon, as indicated by HnT's pic.  For me, it was a case why they used the ugly "faux carbon" (there's actually nice-looking faux carbon) on the AGM2's, and now they're using this same faux-carbon (from what I can tell, anyway) again on a piece that was originally supposed to be smooth, shiny plastic.  Unnecessarily, trying to change things up .  
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by jshortt

Peace,
J
Yes, yes, of course.  I certainly didn't want to give the impression that the OG's used carbon, as indicated by HnT's pic.  For me, it was a case why they used the ugly "faux carbon" (there's actually nice-looking faux carbon) on the AGM2's, and now they're using this same faux-carbon (from what I can tell, anyway) again on a piece that was originally supposed to be smooth, shiny plastic.  Unnecessarily, trying to change things up .  
eyes.gif

The flames on the black OG's weren't silver. They were black if I'm not mistaken. I always loved the black OG's but never copped.

The flames on the black OG's weren't silver. They were black if I'm not mistaken. I always loved the black OG's but never copped.

I don't think these will end up looking good. They should of kept it as close to the OG as possible. Don't know why Nike likes to do this.
30t6p3b.gif

I don't think these will end up looking good. They should of kept it as close to the OG as possible. Don't know why Nike likes to do this.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Not even close to the originals. And the originals weren't that great to begin with. Nike, you suck.

This. I Also Remember FinishLine Retroing These In The Black/Red Colorway A Year Later. Since They Don't Really Do Store Specific Retroes Like They Used To In The Late 90's And Early 2000's (Especially With Footaction And To A Lesser Extent Finishline), I Truly Wonder Too Who Decides What Retroes Get Released.......Jordans Or Regular Nikes......I Understand That With The Success Of The Griffey 1, Air Max Jr, And A Lesser Extent, The Griffey 2, You Should Strike When The Iron Is Hot But These Will Be Just Like The Griffey 6. They Retroed Them In 2003 As The GD Max II And Then Last Year As The Griffey 6 Again And They Didn't Do All That Great (At Least Where I Am). They Should've Brought Out The Griffey 3 Before These 4's.

Originally Posted by larrivee7

Not even close to the originals. And the originals weren't that great to begin with. Nike, you suck.

This. I Also Remember FinishLine Retroing These In The Black/Red Colorway A Year Later. Since They Don't Really Do Store Specific Retroes Like They Used To In The Late 90's And Early 2000's (Especially With Footaction And To A Lesser Extent Finishline), I Truly Wonder Too Who Decides What Retroes Get Released.......Jordans Or Regular Nikes......I Understand That With The Success Of The Griffey 1, Air Max Jr, And A Lesser Extent, The Griffey 2, You Should Strike When The Iron Is Hot But These Will Be Just Like The Griffey 6. They Retroed Them In 2003 As The GD Max II And Then Last Year As The Griffey 6 Again And They Didn't Do All That Great (At Least Where I Am). They Should've Brought Out The Griffey 3 Before These 4's.

I like the shoe just wish they were high top. Not on my cop list for next year though.

I like the shoe just wish they were high top. Not on my cop list for next year though.

damn what a nasty colorway on that second pair, its like they dont want these to sell just for laughs

damn what a nasty colorway on that second pair, its like they dont want these to sell just for laughs

I have a feeling both of those will look alot better in person but they got really lazy on that midsole, so I'm passing.

Back
Top Bottom