Nike Total Griffey Max ’99 – 2012 via SneakerFiles

Not even close to the originals. And the originals weren't that great to begin with. Nike, you suck.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

I was excited at first because I've been wanting these forever but when I really looked at it, I saw it was typical Nike Retro BS.  Nothing close to the OG.  I don't understand why they can do it for some shoes but not for others.
2q8na85.jpg
Those Originals are 
pimp.gif

Way to ruin another classic Nike..

eyes.gif

I was excited at first because I've been wanting these forever but when I really looked at it, I saw it was typical Nike Retro BS.  Nothing close to the OG.  I don't understand why they can do it for some shoes but not for others.
2q8na85.jpg
Those Originals are 
pimp.gif

Way to ruin another classic Nike..

eyes.gif

2q8na85.jpg

yeah they have a TOTALLY different midsole/outsole....looks like da retro got a straight rip from da griffey VI's

2q8na85.jpg

yeah they have a TOTALLY different midsole/outsole....looks like da retro got a straight rip from da griffey VI's

Wait, what? *facepalm*

How is it they are retroing this garbage and not the diamond furys yet? Those are the obvious next thing to retro, or should be, if nike would get its act together...

Wait, what? *facepalm*

How is it they are retroing this garbage and not the diamond furys yet? Those are the obvious next thing to retro, or should be, if nike would get its act together...

Finally got a better look at the catalog pics with a bigger monitor... Just noticed the faux 'carbon' on the heel-flames. WTH.
Yeah, these are early sample pics, so the final blocking of the midsole might be more true to the OG's, but really, who chooses what to retro?
First the G6 (which wasn't a bad shoe, but just not on the top of my Griffey retro list) and now these???
I'd expect the Griffey 3's first before these...
30t6p3b.gif

Finally got a better look at the catalog pics with a bigger monitor... Just noticed the faux 'carbon' on the heel-flames. WTH.
Yeah, these are early sample pics, so the final blocking of the midsole might be more true to the OG's, but really, who chooses what to retro?
First the G6 (which wasn't a bad shoe, but just not on the top of my Griffey retro list) and now these???
I'd expect the Griffey 3's first before these...
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom