Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Bo Jackson is spinning in his grave right now
He's not dead.
laugh.gif

I know...it was a joke
laugh.gif
He might as well be. theyve been treating his stuff with the up most lack of respect

(i love bo, i would want no harm done onto him or others. The statement is more in light of the fact that the respect they have shown him is near minimal.Maybe the falling out is over?)

quick PS.. full POTENTIAL SEEN RIGHT HERE.. get to work NIKE.. Two accent colors is key..
2eb1574f6dcdc5b20b4f8e1d94711f74fcfe6ec.jpg
26c25ea45a6d9c46cbfbe6735e8df8d0fd5e092.jpg

not to mention a lighter swoosh on both models

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

nike OD'in with the flywire
frown.gif
Sad, but true.

I have to disagree. While it may be true that a lot of new shoes feature fly wire design you have to remember fly wire is not really a cosmetic element but isactually a performance element.

Saying they are ODing on fly wire is like ODing on Air Max or Zoom Air. Nike shoes are supposed to be created with the best performance possible, right?

Fly wire is currently their way of delivering their best performance, are they supposed to hold back because it happens to be highly visible?

Originally Posted by veGAtts

frown.gif
Sad, but true.

I have to disagree. While it may be true that a lot of new shoes feature fly wire design you have to remember fly wire is not really a cosmetic element but is actually a performance element.

Saying they are ODing on fly wire is like ODing on Air Max or Zoom Air. Nike shoes are supposed to be created with the best performance possible, right?

Fly wire is currently their way of delivering their best performance, are they supposed to hold back because it happens to be highly visible?
Flywire is BS. Remember that guy who found out Flywire was just string when his AM09's flywire was hanging out? Ha. "It holds down thefoot better it is strong, blah blah blah."

At the end of the day, Flywire is NOTHING more than a string, and a reason for Nike to jack up the hype of a shoe. Once they make auto-laces however, thenI'll be happy.
happy.gif

Don't know what to think about these though.

These look kind of nice. I will be looking forward to seeing pictures of the sample shoes to get a clearer look.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by veGAtts

frown.gif
Sad, but true.

I have to disagree. While it may be true that a lot of new shoes feature fly wire design you have to remember fly wire is not really a cosmetic element but is actually a performance element.

Flywire is BS. Remember that guy who found out Flywire was just string when his AM09's flywire was hanging out? Ha. "It holds down the foot better it is strong, blah blah blah."

At the end of the day, Flywire is NOTHING more than a string, and a reason for Nike to jack up the hype of a shoe. Once they make auto-laces however, then I'll be happy.
happy.gif

Don't know what to think about these though.
I'm not sure what you thought fly wire was made out of if not a fiber, or type of string. It is supposed to be a very strong light weightfiber (string) that is placed in minimal amounts to maximize strength and minimize weight. It's not like fly wire shoes are inherently expensive anyway.

Im not sure where the surprise is learning that fly wire is a string.

So far I like this shoe. I have to see it in person, but It looks alot better than the 2010 trainer 1 rebirth. But I have to go with Wally on Colors. Theyshould definitely add the concord to the white/orange pair.

Oh...spooooooooge.

The rep had pics, too.

But only black/silver ones.

The new Trainer 1's have me stoked, but these in White/Royal have me jacked.

Originally Posted by El Bro

So far I like this shoe. I have to see it in person, but It looks alot better than the 2010 trainer 1 rebirth. But I have to go with Wally on Colors. They should definitely add the concord to the white/orange pair.

Agree... and disagree:

I think as well that 2010 SCs are way better "update" than trainer 1s, but I have to disagree with Wally's colors, I don`t think Nike should useexact OG CWs for new releases.
These are new models and nike should introduce new combinations as well.
I think nike should give OG treatment to retro shoes but not to every new ones. 80s and 90s have their "hype" CWs (grape, infrared, concord...) butNike has to introduce new CWs and new technology to make sneakerheads see that they're still improving/creating their stuff.

My opinion: New tech, CWs and design for new models but OG treatment for retro shoes. Sure it's always welcome to see new sneakerswith OG CWs, but Nike has to face the future as well as to pay respect for OG models...

I agree with you in a sense suguruvstotoro. But my whole basis of argument is that Nike here DID NOT go with "new" colorways tocreate its own hype on these models. Atleast not on these first three. They are near knock offs of the orginals and the comparisons were completely valid. Gowith your own color setup but you still need to have colors that work.. Not only do they do not work, but they tried to get close to the originals and failed.A failed copycat is so much worse than trying something new that doesnt work, like a VOLT.turquise colorway.

Damn these are sweet... I like how nike is trying to update some classics. Not everything Nike does has to be an exact re-do of a past model. If all they do isexacts of past models there will be no progress made in the future. I like these and i like where they're goin with it.

These have lots of potential. Tweak a couple details here and there and they'll look awesome!

Back
Top Bottom