NIKE TRAINERS THREAD

i hope they make a superrep go 2 and give it a traditional lacing as i really want to try ‘em out badly

Last edited:
although my SRG’s should be coming in soon, I want to also get a pair of the Zoom SuperReps too. Just waiting on the next NDC sale.

SuperRep Cycle showed up today. Extremely light weight. Comes with compatible mounting hardware to mount cleats
F1603734-EC85-4DD2-B346-6D74851710E5.jpeg

5413C5E1-3D46-4B0F-80BB-1053402C3D4C.jpeg

6D951EBB-3021-47D4-9EF7-4D66DA8A7C6A.jpeg

653B0444-CE33-4F6B-9BBD-DA1AF34E5D31.jpeg

Zoom Trunner Ultimate dropping for UNC, Mich, Florida. But anyone know what month? Don’t they usually do July for school models?

There were supposed to be a bunch of new colorways released today (June 1), but I only see 2 at NDC and FNL. I'm waiting on the white/black...I thought these were gonna be the first additional colorway released.

Attachments

• jordan-trunner-ultimate-white-2.jpg
    jordan-trunner-ultimate-white-2.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
There were supposed to be a bunch of new colorways released today (June 1), but I only see 2 at NDC and FNL. I'm waiting on the white/black...I thought these were gonna be the first additional colorway released.

they look good butknowing I’ll cop the UNC anyway I might as well just wait on those. I’m guessing it’s Aug/Sept range

So after 3 weeks to date, my Volt SRG’s came in but only to be somewhat snug for my liking. I mean they fit, but my big toe is right at the toebox and I don’t want to compromise any foot/toe expansion during workouts.

What sucks even more is that I bought them with a 20% coupon Nike gave me. I’m going to inform Nike CS & see if they would honor my 20% from this purchase towards a new one of the same kind but different size.

Overall, really love the design and the fact that you get the comfort of react but the stability of a Metcon in one shoe.

Not sure how useful thoughts on a cycling shoe is, but here you go.

Background: I ride 5 times or more a week. 2-3 of those times are spent on the trainer due to the current pandemic. I have owned a lot of cycling shoes for both road and dirt. I have only owned two non-carbon soled shoes before this.

Got my SuperRep Cycles a little over a week ago. Put them through a short spin on my bike the day I got them setting up the cleat fit. After that, I put in a few trainer rides.
IMG_20200608_121007.jpg

Style wise, they look great IMO. Materials on the upper are really nice and feel premium.

Mounting cleats is hilarious. While I think it is genius the way they built a dual style mounting system that can be swapped out easily, there are no markings for cleat alignment. Have fun mirroring the cleat points on both shoes.

IMG_20200608_120959.jpg

Fit is meh. The strap at the ball of the feet is pointless, as in most cycling cleats. I have to really pull the upper strap hard to get locked in at the heel the way I like. Velcro straps are Nike's way to save costs and keep it a quick on and off experience.

In the pic below, you might be able to see how tight the top strap is vs. how loose the rest of the shoe is. This could be attributed to foot shape. However, this would be the first cycling shoe I have had fit like cinched down mom jeans.

IMG_20200608_123435.jpg

The shoes run slightly short on my normal 12.5 Nike sizing. Not a big deal since I tend to only spend an hour and a half or less on the trainer at a time. I would size up by .5 for long rides. Widthwise, there is plenty of volume upfront. It was nice to have some breathing room when the feet started to swell.

Above the arch feels loose, no matter what I do to ratchet up down the fit. You can see the excess material wrinkling below. It's sloppy.

IMG_20200608_123417.jpg

Performance is pretty lackluster TBH. The outsole needs to be as stiff as possible and nylon itself is flexible by nature. Carbon will improve this instantly but increases the cost just as much. Inside, there is a single piece of nylon that is hallowed out in a grid of plastic. It looks stiff, but it isn't.

IMG_20200608_123619.jpg

Breaking the outsole into three pieces is going in the wrong direction and I can feel the pressure on my midfoot. If I get out of the saddle to throw down some power, the pressure is pretty annoying and almost painful.

IMG_20200608_123034.jpg

Ventilation was what I expected to blow me away. It didn't. This shoe is aimed at spin classes and indoor training. In my pain cave, I have a fan at my foot level that blows towards me. I couldn't tell a difference between these and other ventilated cycling shoes I own.

There's really no reason to own these other than getting a pair of cycling shoes with a swoosh on them. For the money, you can get a number of other entry-level cycling shoes that will breathe as well but perform way better when pedaling. Fit will be nicer and mounting cleats won't be an issue.

Last edited:
I thought of grabbing the SuperReps, but now after reading the awesome review by Bo above, I'll stick with my Peloton brand shoes! I'd love to know who makes those (my wife as a Peloton and she has the shoes as well. She's a monster on it) shoes as they are very nice quality and the ratchet straps on them really keep your feet locked in.

Damn, I don’t ride bikes at all but that review was pretty informative

On another note, after waiting almost 6 weeks for my SRG’s between initially receiving them and exchanging them for a larger size, they’re finally in and I love them.

not sure how I did it with Metcon’s compared to the comfort of the SRG’s. No turning back now.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but it looks like the NCAA Jordan trainer for next season (whenever that is) is going to be the Jordan Trunner Ultimate. Really a big fan of these even if they're a little high off the ground, and I'll probably be in for a pair of this model if they go below $80.
20200509184632.jpg 20200509184637.jpg 20200509184639.jpg 20200509184642.jpg
via @us_11
I'll take 600 pairs for me and my cousins (got a handful of cousins to provide with).

Pretty interested in what this is. Seems like a SuperRep model potentially better suited for lifting? Almost reminds me of the Metcon Repper/Tech Trainer.

Attachments

• ElaXIyKU8AAhDZC.jpg
    ElaXIyKU8AAhDZC.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 156
super rep surge on ndc now, really tempting to try these out, i just love zoomx but it weird to be marketed as a threadmill + rowing machine shoe...

RUN. ROW. REPEAT.

The Nike ZoomX SuperRep Surge is built for classes and workouts that keep you moving. From the treadmill to the rowing machine to strength training, you get the responsive cushioning of Nike ZoomX foam and containment support from an arc on the side to keep you ahead of the curve.

Tuned for the Treadmill

Nike ZoomX foam returns energy to keep the spring in your step whether your pace is set to light jog or all-out sprint.

Ready to Row

A rower clip at the heel makes it easy to transition to and from a rowing machine. The mesh across the foot is reinforced to hold up against foot straps.

Fit for the Floor

Rubber tread gives you traction on the floor or on the machines. The side arc support helps brace your foot for strength training intervals.

More Benefits

• Mesh keeps it breathable.
  • Padding cushions the ankle.

Product Details

• Offset: 10mm

Back
Top Bottom