NIKE TRAINERS THREAD

AIR ZOOM SUPERREP
LEMON VENOM/WHITE/BLACK

1582306982898.png

1582306994469.png

Low key I wonder why Nike is being so silent when dropping all these colors. I’d expect more hype being that it’s a new silhouette designed for a specific activity.

might be bad timing as its been marketed as a shoe for hiit classes and you cant really do any of that right now

might be bad timing as its been marketed as a shoe for hiit classes and you cant really do any of that right now

I would respectfully argue that Nike might want to push it even more, especially paired with access to free, instructor led premium Nike Training workouts that mostly don't require any gym equipment.

Anyways, I digress...quick review based on one HIIT workout

Zero step in comfort. Probably overstated but this isn't a full length, Zoom, Zoom X, Lunarlon, or React type feel. Very stiff and unforgiving right out of the box. Length wise I went with my normal size for all of my Nike or Jordan shoes and it fit perfect. Now, because of the construction of the shoe with the one piece bootie with the synthetic overlay for support that really intersects at the top of the middle of your foot right out of the box that area was TIGHT like none other. Wearing them around the house, trying to get a feel and break them in it was so uncomfortable I strongly considered sending them back. I did do a 30 minute HIIT workout and moving around, jumping, etc they started to feel much better. I have a feeling that these might get better once you wear them multiple times and really break them in. After I have done a couple more workouts I will report back.

I would respectfully argue that Nike might want to push it even more, especially paired with access to free, instructor led premium Nike Training workouts that mostly don't require any gym equipment.

Anyways, I digress...quick review based on one HIIT workout

Zero step in comfort. Probably overstated but this isn't a full length, Zoom, Zoom X, Lunarlon, or React type feel. Very stiff and unforgiving right out of the box. Length wise I went with my normal size for all of my Nike or Jordan shoes and it fit perfect. Now, because of the construction of the shoe with the one piece bootie with the synthetic overlay for support that really intersects at the top of the middle of your foot right out of the box that area was TIGHT like none other. Wearing them around the house, trying to get a feel and break them in it was so uncomfortable I strongly considered sending them back. I did do a 30 minute HIIT workout and moving around, jumping, etc they started to feel much better. I have a feeling that these might get better once you wear them multiple times and really break them in. After I have done a couple more workouts I will report back.
They feel better after the break in period.

Does the Zoom become more springy as well? That is something I left out as well because I was a little bit disappointed I didn't get more response.
More responsive and the upper loosens up. Not to mention you get used to walking in them.

while it makes sense, peddling it at this time can be a pr nightmare with a lot of people being unemployed and strapped for cash

the vids of athletes working at home theyve posted on their social media is great but imagine if that said “and you can do it with these shoes, click the link here to purchase...”

twitter fingers gon’ have a field day

anyone notice the new description for the super rep go that promotes streaming workouts at home? Lol! I know a few were talking about this earlier in this thread.

B2E933BE-C218-4837-A856-53E1FC938F67.jpeg

Gents, looking to step away from the Metcons and go with the Super Reps but torn whether to go with the low or mid cut

has anyone had the opportunity to try both? If so, which would you rather go with? I’ve always had a low cut trainer, so the super rep go is what I’d go with but curious if the Zoom version provides better ankle support

both super reps are lows

If you need more bounce and doing plyo, the one with zoom seems like a better options

its insanely tight though

i wish the go had a react sole instead of regular cushlon and nothing else

they really need more zoom on their trainers, i get it that it can be unstable but my washed knees love em :lol:

dug up the hyper ross tr2 and been rotating it with the speedtr and really enjoy the bounciness and comfort

C6A80148-D757-4787-8D5A-07CC91B7ABEE.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback.

You guys stick with your typical trainer size on these or did you have to .5 size up, at least for the Zoom SuperRep?

Thanks for the feedback.

You guys stick with your typical trainer size on these or did you have to .5 size up, at least for the Zoom SuperRep?

I purchased my TTS 10.5 in the SuperRep (zoom) and they feel fine just walking around but during workouts i feel a pinching on my big toe. I had the same feeling wearing the Yeezy 350. It's odd because my toe has about a quarter of an inch room to the front of the shoe. The fit is fine but during workouts it can be irritating. I'm hoping they stretch out a bit but its not looking like it. I've done various workouts for the past 2 weeks without any improvement. I may end up returning for an 11.

That black and green superrep colorway is fire... i recently picked these up with the 25% off sale i. My regular Sz 12.5 Was shocked as to how comfy and flexible the metcon 5s were. My previous experience with the regular metcons was with the chlorophyll 2s and they were too clunky and had too much heel slip even after going down a half size Been doing streaming training sessions at home. Have worn the reacts 3 times and the 5 once. Love them both.
A4CE4E4C-B117-4D0C-969C-070C0E2E059C.jpeg

both super reps are lows

If you need more bounce and doing plyo, the one with zoom seems like a better options

its insanely tight though

i wish the go had a react sole instead of regular cushlon and nothing else

they really need more zoom on their trainers, i get it that it can be unstable but my washed knees love em :lol:

dug up the hyper ross tr2 and been rotating it with the speedtr and really enjoy the bounciness and comfort

C6A80148-D757-4787-8D5A-07CC91B7ABEE.jpeg
I feel like the exact opposite. I think last year or the year before, the only shoes without Zoom were the Metcons and the Free trainer. I want to be able to squat heavy in my training shoes and I don't want to pay Metcon prices, otherwise I'll just opt for running shoes. Of course, I simply solved my problem by getting the SB Charge haha.

really? feels like most no-zooms outnumber zoomed ones by a large margin especially if you include the budget models

to be fair there are like 4 or 5 different metcons these days too

to be fair there are like 4 or 5 different metcons these days too

Nowadays I agree, but from 2015-early 2019, I'd say it was difficult to find something that was good for lifting and wasn't a Metcon.

And yeah, the Metcon line really got into "now with a new hat!" levels recently.

Oh, there's a trainers thread; thank goodness.

Alright, so I bought the SuperRep Go last week during the 25% off + 8% Rakuten cashback and will be getting it on Wednesday. My question to you guys is... working out at home on carpet with foam shoes (like the SuperRep Go)... would that make HIIT moves feel too squishy? I alternate between barefoot (with socks) for weight/strength-training workouts and the Free x Metcon 1s for HIIT sessions and it helps for some moves where shoes are needed without that extra cushion.

49778504756_9bca406329_b.jpg

Got the SuperRep Gos in! Felt really high off the ground at first, but when I gave it a quick try-on doing burpees and mountain climbers, it felt good! A lot less foam there. Gonna give it a few workouts to see how it feels over time.

us3less us3less How's the sizing? It does not seem it has inner booty like mid/high SuperRep, which makes me think it might be TTS.

Back
Top Bottom