NIKE TRAINERS THREAD

I wish I would have been able to do a full workout with some agility drills but it was just not wide enough and it would have been painful otherwise maybe I would have really liked the propulsion plate. I wouldn't get these though if your gonna do a lot of running as I don't think personally, the cushioning is sufficient. Then again, people run in Nike Free 3.0's so anything is possible lol.
I'm just thinking about them for drills up 800m. But yeah, I don't know how some people can do major distance training in Frees haha. I did a 10k in the Free RN Distance and even that was rough.

My Ultrafast Multicolors from Eastbay are backordered until September 20th :smh:.

I really wish they would've put forefoot Zoom or a speed plate in the Train Speed 4. I know the Incredibly Fast has forefoot Zoom, but I'm iffy on the quality/durability of those.

My Ultrafast Multicolors from Eastbay are backordered until September 20th
mean.gif
Mine were too, so I just cancelled the order altogether. Won't even be in the same location by that time for them to be delivered
laugh.gif
Yeah same here 
roll.gif

Still waiting on the Week Zero Train Speed 4s though ^^ I'll definitely cop when they drop, does anyone know how this new model compares to the Free Trainer 5.0 ?
Haven't tried them yet, but forefoot is supposed to be wider and the shoe is supposed to be lower to the ground.

So are they supposed to be more like the metcon? Training orientated rather than a running model? 
Just got off with Nike Support with questions. They are something like a cross between a Free and the Train Ultrafast/Train Quick. Here are some specs:

-4mm heel-to-toe drop (similar to Metcon)

-Forefoot outriggers for lateral/medial (side-to-side) cutting

-Recessed TPU in the forefoot for rebound (similar to the propulsion plate in the Trains Ultrafast/Quick, or a racing flat, if you will)

-9.6oz (don't know if for men's 9 or 10; and a Nike Free Pegasus 33 is about 10.2oz +/-.3oz in a men's 9, for reference)

Couple things:

TPU is what's used in the Adidas Boost and Saucony EveRun technologies, as well as a lot of racing flats. It's generally more firm than EVA (the foam base of most running shoes) and has better responsiveness. On the other hand, it's a little heavier, since it's more dense.

You'll notice in this year's round of Nike Trainers, they'll have "Lift Run Jump Cut" on the heel of the insole. Usually 2 of them will be highlighted in Volt. These are the primary functions of that shoe model. The Train Speed 4 highlights "Run" and "Cut". So it is meant to perform best in those activities, but can also be used for the others. Hope that's helpful for everyone!

Last edited:

Just got off with Nike Support with questions. They are something like a cross between a Free and the Train Ultrafast/Train Quick. Here are some specs:

-4mm heel-to-toe drop (similar to Metcon)

-Forefoot outriggers for lateral/medial (side-to-side) cutting

-Recessed TPU in the forefoot for rebound (similar to the propulsion plate in the Trains Ultrafast/Quick, or a racing flat, if you will)

-9.6oz (don't know if for men's 9 or 10; and a Nike Free Pegasus 33 is about 10.2oz +/-.3oz in a men's 9, for reference)

Couple things:

TPU is what's used in the Adidas Boost and Saucony EveRun technologies, as well as a lot of racing flats. It's generally more firm than EVA (the foam base of most running shoes) and has better responsiveness. On the other hand, it's a little heavier, since it's more dense.

You'll notice in this year's round of Nike Trainers, they'll have "Lift Run Jump Cut" on the heel of the insole. Usually 2 of them will be highlighted in Volt. These are the primary functions of that shoe model. The Train Speed 4 highlights "Run" and "Cut". So it is meant to perform best in those activities, but can also be used for the others. Hope that's helpful for everyone!
Thanks a lot for the specs, must have taken a while to write ^^ It's greatly appreciated, I'll surely be picking up a pair to use for cross training, weights and short runs :smile: 

Thanks a lot for the specs, must have taken a while to write ^^ It's greatly appreciated, I'll surely be picking up a pair to use for cross training, weights and short runs :smile: 
No problem! I just tried them on at ****'s and they're going to be my next shoe. A LOT of lockdown in the forefoot, felt snug, but my feet were a bit swollen from the gym, a run, and it being the end of the day. They reminded me of a sprinting spike, in that way (don't know if you've ever raced track). Jumping seemed good. Firmer than the Free Versatility, but not as much as the Metcon. Nice, well-rounded shoe, but people with wider feet or a taller instep may find it a bit claustrophobic. Remember though, if you're going for performance speed/power/agility, you want that lockdown.

No problem! I just tried them on at ****'s and they're going to be my next shoe. A LOT of lockdown in the forefoot, felt snug, but my feet were a bit swollen from the gym, a run, and it being the end of the day. They reminded me of a sprinting spike, in that way (don't know if you've ever raced track). Jumping seemed good. Firmer than the Free Versatility, but not as much as the Metcon. Nice, well-rounded shoe, but people with wider feet or a taller instep may find it a bit claustrophobic. Remember though, if you're going for performance speed/power/agility, you want that lockdown.
I've never raced track, just been a casual runner up until not too long ago, however I just recently got into cross fit (Trying to lose those extra lbs ^^).

I've been wearing my Free 5.0 Trainers and my Lunar TR1's for most sessions, although the Lunar TR1 does feel a bit tight around the forefoot... The Speed Train 4 should be a lot better !

I'm looking for a shoe for deadlifts, squats, and cleans. Anyone recommend the free trainer 1.0 or 3.0/versatility? I don't do max reps or anything too crazy. Always around 5-8 reps.

Back
Top Bottom