NIKE TRAINERS THREAD

I'm looking for a shoe for deadlifts, squats, and cleans. Anyone recommend the free trainer 1.0 or 3.0/versatility? I don't do max reps or anything too crazy. Always around 5-8 reps.
Metcon.  I think free is terrible for lifting. 

I don't even think you could consider the Free Trainer 1.0 as a free-soled shoe :lol:

I think it's as barefoot as you can get with any free-shoes so I think that will be perfectly fine for lifting.

A few months back they were like $30 in the outlets too so worth a checkout if you're near one.

I'm looking for a shoe for deadlifts, squats, and cleans. Anyone recommend the free trainer 1.0 or 3.0/versatility? I don't do max reps or anything too crazy. Always around 5-8 reps.
I'd probably go for the 1.0 if that's your regimen. Deadlifts, you want to be flat and low, so 1.0 would be ideal. If you don't have good ankle mobility, though, you might find it hard to squat in a completely flat shoe.

Thanks for the replies. I will try out the 1.0 before I look into metcons or the rebook crossfire lite TR since they seem less versatile

Last edited:
If anyone has the style codes to the other collegiate pairs lemme know and I'll post the pics.

Anyone got any feedback on the Metcon 2? Comfortable for casual wear or better suited for the gym?

Anyone got any feedback on the Metcon 2? Comfortable for casual wear or better suited for the gym?
I think the metcons in general are not comfortable for daily walking use.  Strictly for the gym. I saw some guy at the airport wearing a pair and it was just odd. I don't see it like that.

I think the metcons in general are not comfortable for daily walking use.  Strictly for the gym. I saw some guy at the airport wearing a pair and it was just odd. I don't see it like that.

Thanks. I figured as much since they have so little sole to them.

Thank you for posting all these rapcoz2134 rapcoz2134 !

The shoes this year just look so basic compared to last years with Flywire and imo more detailing.

Did they really not give UGA any 3m again?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom