Nike X Designer Collabs: Next Up - FoG in 2018 - x MMW (ALYX) - CDG x Foamposites

^you would think the mid and low would be gone with high still available but it's other way around I guess

^you would think the mid and low would be gone with high still available but it's other way around I guess
the fashion junkies are going for the highs. I expected barneys to sell out of those first.

That's actually very, VERY wrong.

Barneys.com went up last night and mids sold out quick while lows and hi's sat. Same with MrPorter.com before that, mids sold out while some lows sat and the hi's were untouched.

Just go back a few pages and you'll see them posted.

Mids went by fast, lows and hi's at Barneys still has plenty of sizes.

Mids went by fast, lows and hi's at Barneys still has plenty of sizes.
highs r just too high... and lows does not bring out the givenchy style in them nikes

How come they not moving on MrP?

Mids sold out, Lows have 2 sizes left and I guess people can't get jiggly with the highs

Ya Mids thirst would be high, but the others still sitting is interesting.

Last edited:
Lol! Those comments by me were meant for the few moments around when they were posted last night. They sat last night for longer than anticipated by me. I didn't even bother to go back and check. I got my lows and mids so I am happy. Nice to see your post count on here more impressive than styleforum. Had no idea .

Last edited:
:lol: It was true though, I was here when MrPorter, Barneys and NDC links were posted ( I actually posted the Barneys and NDC links too) and just saw all the mids disappear first, within minutes while on MrPorter and Barneys, the lows and his were still available within the hour of it going up. So it isn't true that the "fashion junkies" who shop at MrPorter or Barneys that are buying out the hi's first, it all eventually sold out but the mids definitely flew with quickness. Not sure the case in-store though.

Got the lesson from white one, can't find Mids nowhere. So this time I just concentrated on the Mids don't care for Highs and Lows tho.

For me the mids were the best in the whites but the lows were the best for the blacks. Something about those black low tops :smokin

rfx45 rfx45 what was wrong? That I said the fashion junkies are going for highs? Or that I EXPECTED barneys to sell out of those first?

alp alp same here those black lows just look better for some reason. I kind of like the high whites tho
yup. Certain models look entirely different once you switch the base colors up. That low tisci is one of them for me

rfx45 rfx45 sorry but only fashion conscious people are going for these shoes, especially so the knee high version. And everything isn't based on Internet Sales and watching a site night of release lol

And you have been watching all of the Barneys stores that sells the shoes and you saw only dudes in Pyrex shorts and skirts buying them up and all of them are only buying just the hi's?

My post was based on a fact, MrPorter and Barneys, both known as a fashion webstores sold out on the hi's last and the mids were gone in minutes.

You're opinion is nothing but a guess, it's validity is based off of nothing. :lol:

rfx45 rfx45 sorry but only fashion conscious people are going for these shoes, especially so the knee high version. And everything isn't based on Internet Sales and watching a site night of release lol

I can guarantee that is 100% wrong. You really think no one who wears NT denim would buy these shoes? I can guarantee there are people out there who could care less what they wear who bought a pair and likely just rock a simply pair of jeans and tee with it.

Hell if we poll everyone that bought a pair here (in NT) and if one person says they aren't "fashion conscious" then you'd be automatically wrong in that statement. :lol: And I am sure plenty here could really care less about being fashion conscious and would just go with the clean Sudeikis look.

And so many people here on NT are buying them and most of these guys here would cringe if you call them "fashionistas", most of these guys just like the shoes and I am willing to bet most of the other people who grabbed these pairs are those that are always on the hype train just like any limited collab Nike release that came before.

And by the way, the knee highs are womens.

Last edited:
rfx45 rfx45 again only people really into fashion and resellers are trying to buy a $200 plus air force one. Yes highs are women's but I've seen more men wearing highs than I've seen women wearing them. But hey I live in miami n I haven't seen anyone that didn't have on Pyrex or a plaid button up around their waist wearing these. But since I'm wrong it's cool, was just sharing an opinion that you proved to be wrong.

rfx45 rfx45 again only people really into fashion and resellers are trying to buy a $200 plus air force one. Yes highs are women's but I've seen more men wearing highs than I've seen women wearing them. But hey I live in miami n I haven't seen anyone that didn't have on Pyrex or a plaid button up around their waist wearing these. But since I'm wrong it's cool, was just sharing an opinion that you proved to be wrong.

But now you're extending your argument to resellers which is completely different to "only fashion conscious" people buys them argument you had. That alone proves your first point wrong. Who is denying resellers are buying these shoes? Like resellers are something new and unique for these shoes? :lol: Any retro J's, limited shoes, collabs, etc... you can say majority of resellers are buying them.

I personally never seen men wear the knee highs and I'm in LA constantly in contact with a few people in NYC that are into fashion blogs (hypebeasts included).

Again your point was that ONLY fashion conscious people buy these shoes and that is just plain wrong. Now if you had said "I've only seen fashion conscious people in Miami, where I live, buy the highs" then that is valid, but bundling everyone that buys the shoes to one stereotype is simple now.

rfx45 rfx45 I'm not trying to argue tho. I stated my opinion which you said was wrong. I'm cool with that. Yes I stereotyped people that I thought would buy these and shouldn't have. But that's easier said than done.
I'll stick to my wrong belief that these shoes are more for the fashion crowd tho.

Ok, you found a dude wearing them, I never said no dude would wear them, I said I never seen them. Now I have. But hey, here's a chick wearing them.

player.vimeo.com/video/100840682

I can also post chicks wearing the mens version if it pleases you?

Don't want to drag it further but there is a difference between "only fashion conscious people buying the hi's" to "the shoes are more for the fashion crowd". I mean it is designed by Tisci, a fashion designer. Doesn't mean people who just wears bball shorts and hoodies or jeans and tees wouldn't buy/wear the shoes.

I mean Jordans are made for the basketball court but most of them are worn casually and the same can be said about flyknits, frees, etc... made for running but the majority who buys them doesn't even run in them.

I'm just sayin'.

Anyways, back to the AF1s...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom