Nike X Manny Pacquio - Flywire Air Trainer 1 v

I don't like how it is anymore than anyone here, cus I'm sitting wishing I could have found a way to get these for less than $300. But we live in afree market economy where we are constantly taken to the cleaners by the govt with all these dff kinds of taxes and by all these big corporations who dont careabout the little guy or the impact their business has on the environment.

Just look at our trillions of dollars of debt and everythign wrong with this country.

People wana cry and moan about people who dont have any wealth, livin in tiny city apts making a few hundred off some kicks man get outta here there are somany bigger problems in this world.

And Nike is to blame, they know what releasing limited pairs will do. They could have limited these to 10,000 and everyone would have been happy but theycontrol us, like hommie above said, hes like that girl getting beat who keeps coming back for more.

If you don't like it then collect or wear addidas puma's reebok's or converse, you can cop all their limited drops for retail.

Or just start collecting records or somethign.

There are a million reasons we shoudl not complain about reselling, another one being that we are fortunate to have the money to even buy $100 shoes in thefirst place, when thats not the case for so much of this world.

So many poeple say they genuinely love all this sneaker stuff and thats hard to buy. It's often a status thing, self-esteem thing. Its not like there is ashoe shortage and we have to walk around bear foot. You can go to your shop and pick up something nice.

Everyone just needs to think before they go off on reselling. Be creative and don't get caught up in limited hype stuff and you can still enjoy sneakers.

Originally Posted by ucjb2

So many poeple say they genuinely love all this sneaker stuff and thats hard to buy. It's often a status thing, self-esteem thing. Its not like there is a shoe shortage and we have to walk around bear foot. You can go to your shop and pick up something nice.
That is the impost important point you made, to me at least. That is the reason Nike charges what it does for certain shoes and why there arelimited numbers of a lot of releases. To make them hard to get and make their brand desireable. We all know Nike does releases to build hype and get peoplefreaking out about their releases. Nike maintaining their "prestige" is what guides their decision making. Simply looking at supply and demand every shoe should be a GR or limited GR because there is always more demand than supply on highly limited releases. Since people view it as a"prestige" product demand will fall if it is highly available or lowered in price (once it reaches to a certain point), reducing the brand's"prestige". Some of the releases being in the 100-200 pair range is a joke. Nike could make a hell of a lot more money but in their eyes the brandimage is worth more than that.

As I said before I have no problems with resellers, they have to be compensated for their time camping out and the like. It's no different than propertyflippers, art collectors, etc. It's hard for me to cop from resellers because I can't really drop that type of money for shoes with other expenses butI don't hate them for their prices.

Originally Posted by blackmambakb24

pairs are
pimp.gif

exactly....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

proud to be Filipino

Originally Posted by shaqrules

i feel bad for the guys you ripped off...but then again, i don't
Agreed..how many people actually got the dough to spend 800 cash on some trainers..certainly not myself..
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Still on the look out for a size 12 . Very upset I was not able to cop a pair .

That $700 does not sound bad at all ... rather pay that for these rather then $700 on some Yeezys .

^ to be honest 7 bills IS A LOT of money. the shoes mean a lot to people so i dont blame them. Being filipino i know that if i didnt have these shoes, i wouldpay 700 for the history that the shoes have already become. if i dont sell my pairs oh well. i'll be glad to keep them. i just dont like when people havemultiple pairs of "limited" shoes so i am not going to do that myself

i'm flip too, but got more important stuff to handle. it'd be nice to have to own a pair of those, but not 7 bills nice...or even 5 bills nice. it is apitty that only so many were made, but i'm not blaming nike for that either. they put out a product in limited numbers. dropped most of them in vegas, thelocation of the fight, so i'm not mad at that either. don't understand the release in frisco, but it did and i'm not mad at that.

haha i just saw that. i was like why? i'm on the hunt to get mine signed by pacman. see if my fam has juice for me to meet him.

definetly wont be used for training for anyone, unless you paid retail.. they look like a decent build unlike the sparq line that is a bit too low cut for me..3/4 is where its at.

How sad is that nike? but i guess thats what you wanted?? all that R&D and tinker work for a non functioning shoe?
indifferent.gif
GR now
smokin.gif

damn, nike got the filipinos again on some hype shoes lol. i was checking the prices on ebay and saw some folks buying these for 700+ thinkin it'ssomething special. get real guys, manny didn't even wear this on live broadcast and ya'll dumpin that much for this why because he's a goodfilipino boxer? he's indeed a good fighter, but that doesn't mean u have pay top dollar for manny's name. seriously, i rather pay 700 on someyeezys than this trainer even tho i grew up in the philippines. 200 pairs isn't alot, but if you look at nike's point of view they knew that the shoeswon't sell out IF they massed produced it, hence, they made it limited and folks fell for it quick.

good looks for the folks that sold them for a 500+ though.

Originally Posted by gberdin

^ to be honest 7 bills IS A LOT of money. the shoes mean a lot to people so i dont blame them. Being filipino i know that if i didnt have these shoes, i would pay 700 for the history that the shoes have already become. if i dont sell my pairs oh well. i'll be glad to keep them. i just dont like when people have multiple pairs of "limited" shoes so i am not going to do that myself
what history? history would be buying manny's boxing gloves and not his unused trainers. u guys would probably buy manny bobbleheads andconsider it history in the making as long as the word limited and nike is printed on the item lol.

^sorry you feel that way. i love the shoes for the fact that yes they are MP but he killed that dude the day they came out. when have you heard of someonesshoes coming out the same day they win a boxing match. btw yes he is filipino and it IS going to be a part of history. what filipino has a deal with NIKE andis now mainstream? where i live filipinos are just another asian race. but now that we have a sports figure people recognize FILIPINOS. if your mad that theyare 700 plus i'm sorry thats the way it is i didnt choose to charge what people offered to me.

Originally Posted by gberdin

^sorry you feel that way. i love the shoes for the fact that yes they are MP but he killed that dude the day they came out. when have you heard of someones shoes coming out the same day they win a boxing match. btw yes he is filipino and it IS going to be a part of history. what filipino has a deal with NIKE and is now mainstream? where i live filipinos are just another asian race. but now that we have a sports figure people recognize FILIPINOS. if your mad that they are 700 plus i'm sorry thats the way it is i didnt choose to charge what people offered to me.
actually, the only reason why i would cop this is because it's limited, real talk. would i camp out for the shoes knowing it will only resellfor $300, no. would i camp out for it knowing it will resell for 700, yes. there are way too many filipinos on this site that's why ya'll straightjocking his name. love him for his skills and not for his nike shoes. speaking of filipino idols, how come no one is talking about erik spoelstra taking theheat to the playoffs? the guy is filipino too but his name isn't getting tossed like manny. major fruads up in here lol.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...RghpQQpMDKFyrvTJw&sig2=-DR4FIVatEMwnwl1OZC3cA

Back
Top Bottom