Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Most all white/black shoes are boring but for the sake of convo:

Grim Reapers have a white swoosh.
Vapormax’s have that air bubble that breaks it up.
Upcoming 97’s/AF1’s have white swoosh’s. Etc

Im not a huge fan of all black shoes to begin with but theres not a lot going on with the all black Presto’s that break it up a bit.
they did the white swoosh thing with the prestos too, i get your sentiment tho

I think boring is extremely relative. I do love the tan cage and sole on the OG prestos but even just the extra spare laces change it completely. I would still rock the black Prestos easily if they added a variety of laces. Not a fan of all-white personally, but some people LOVE it. I'd rather a plain, simple and good looking colourway over something like the new Cons, which are just not my thing.

My key required elements which make me really like certain colourways, even if more simple:

1. Mostly black upper
2. stitched white or cream swoosh
3. orange tab
4. red hangtag (even though I'd take it off)
5. unique coloured extra laces
6. decent cushioning

As much as I like my white blazers, they're definitely being sold because of the above. From the looks of it, either the Zoomfly or AM90s are going to be my goal. The ZFs are odd, because of that upper but I'll probably give them a shot. The AM90s, if they're basically the OG colourway in black might qualify as my GOAT OW... I will trade almost anything I own shoe wise for them.

Most all white/black shoes are boring but for the sake of convo:

Grim Reapers have a white swoosh.
Vapormax’s have that air bubble that breaks it up.
Upcoming 97’s/AF1’s have white swoosh’s. Etc

Im not a huge fan of all black shoes to begin with but theres not a lot going on with the all black Presto’s that break it up a bit.

wait, black prestos has a different color swoosh too :lol: just like all those black OW's you named

My key required elements which make me really like certain colourways, even if more simple:

1. I can buy them.

i prefer the plainer OWs.

Which is prob why i think the am 90 at the bottom of the list for me. Way too much going on

I really wanted the black prestos, but I struck out on them. I've never worn blazers in my life and I really like the color ( I usually wear dark sneakers ). Anyone have any tips how to style these with a nice fit? I might pass the trade bc of the $175 add on top.

Yeah, mine shipped yesterday, but they're coming from Cali, not their NJ store, gets here fri

They're pretty legit, no complaints, really high end store with high end brands
They emailed you the shipping info yest? Man I'm like right by LA and haven't gotten anything from them yet. I'm just praying it doesn't get cancelled.

They emailed you the shipping info yest? Man I'm like right by LA and haven't gotten anything from them yet. I'm just praying it doesn't get cancelled.

Yeah, UPS ground, I would say if they don't ship by today, email them tomorrow. They say they ship things same day if before 10AM, next day if after.

Anybody with the og af1 dealing with bad yellowing yet? Thinking of grabbing a pair just wonder how much wear they would get before the turn

The shoe culture is different now compared to years past...
Now the popular opinion for casual enthusiasts is that if an item is limited or has high resell, those are the only items that are coveted & if it doesn't fall in that category, the shoes suck....:ohwell:

In years past, I would have no problem helping out a stranger to obtain a shoe. Now, with this resell culture, its hard to predict who actually wants a shoe because they like/own/want to wear it vs. they want it because it can make them $400 + instantly.. :smh:

For me, no chance I help anyone I don't know in this era unless I can assure they will be worn or I can write on them to assure they don't like Virgil. :lol:

But my friends or family, I don't mind helping anytime and I don't care what they do with them.

Just my thoughts.

PO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom