Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Everybody a reseller nowadays when it suits them, people are torn all the time when nice shoes come in but they go for 3x retail on stockx.
Just oop people their actual size and go from there

They're in the top 5 of all 29? pairs.

They really are, I wasn't fortunate enough to get my hands on the Chicagos or the OG presto, but I'd put those 2 in the top 5 as well. I'd probably have to sit down and look at them all to figure out the remainder of my top 5 lol

They really are, I wasn't fortunate enough to get my hands on the Chicagos or the OG presto, but I'd put those 2 in the top 5 as well. I'd probably have to sit down and look at them all to figure out the remainder of my top 5 lol
Agreed

The shoe culture is different now compared to years past...
Now the popular opinion for casual enthusiasts is that if an item is limited or has high resell, those are the only items that are coveted & if it doesn't fall in that category, the shoes suck....:ohwell:

In years past, I would have no problem helping out a stranger to obtain a shoe. Now, with this resell culture, its hard to predict who actually wants a shoe because they like/own/want to wear it vs. they want it because it can make them $400 + instantly.. :smh:

For me, no chance I help anyone I don't know in this era unless I can assure they will be worn or I can write on them to assure they don't like Virgil. :lol:

But my friends or family, I don't mind helping anytime and I don't care what they do with them.

Just my thoughts.

PO

The greed is unreal, but the good thing about obtaining these off-white shoes is that they can be used as trade bait for grails. Glad that you stated that you don't mind what a friend or family member does with them. Great post!!!

With the resell climate we’re in, where flipping a shoe could net you a quick 200-600+ with minimal effort, I don’t think it’s realistic to expect strangers to oop each other. It would be awesome if it happened, but not a realistic expectation.

HOWEVER, I do expect NT members to share info with each other, to benefit our community. Just a year ago I remember we would share info with each other freely. Now it seems like people keep the info to themselves. That’s sad - we all share a passion for shoes. I suspect it’s because how impossible some of these drops have been lately. Or maybe it’s backlash from the bot talk? Not sure, but it’s unfortunate.

With the resell climate we’re in, where flipping a shoe could net you a quick 200-600+ with minimal effort, I don’t think it’s realistic to expect strangers to oop each other. It would be awesome if it happened, but not a realistic expectation.

HOWEVER, I do expect NT members to share info with each other, to benefit our community. Just a year ago it seems we would share info with each other freely. Now it seems like people keep the info to themselves. That’s sad - we all share a passion for shoes. I suspect it’s because how impossible some of these drops have been lately. Or maybe it’s backlash from the bot talk? Not sure, but it’s unfortunate.

very well said

off topic here but are there good fakes of the grim reaper blazers or am i safe? (these are the only photos at the time but they appear to be legit)
43537985_2178395858900842_4056229923944136704_n.png

43694615_559601684460453_2472113347999301632_n.png
43480476_274322516553700_7460040047744516096_n.png

43483766_1955751564502626_2336228034522120192_n.png

HOWEVER, I do expect NT members to share info with each other, to benefit our community. Just a year ago I remember we would share info with each other freely. Now it seems like people keep the info to themselves. That’s sad - we all share a passion for shoes. I suspect it’s because how impossible some of these drops have been lately. Or maybe it’s backlash from the bot talk? Not sure, but it’s unfortunate.

Therein lies the issue, I don't doubt anyone here has a problem with helping each other out (be it an oop or info.) But something that gets shared here is basically being shared with an unknown number of persons that will share with their own and so on and so forth. That's not even counting Twitter and IG accounts that don't necessarily care about the shoes but favs., likes and whatever to get the notoriety because they know every kid or whomever is out there trying to be the next, "plug" or top reseller. And since they outnumber people like us, they're going the ones to eat more.

So if ooping is fugazi, was the whole presto energy a fraud?

Back
Top Bottom