Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

DMG laces only took 6 days to get here. Gotta swap em out now

3923262F-86EE-48F3-A101-E34007EABF98.jpeg

No shade at all, but people overemphasize authenticity especially in this context. I mean, how authentic are we really are satisfying ourselves with materialistic things? We can't even be satisfied owning a highly coveted item because it's always on to the next carrot.

Bootleg laces lmaooo, you deadass? So are footlocker laces and other laces that don't originally come with the shoe "bootleg" too?
It's the imitation of the authentic that turns me off. They're a carbon copy of the real thing and off white laces are unique so I dont consider them to be like other laces u would buy to do swap. That's me tho. Idc what anybody does as long as they happy and safe.

"RJM_Fit" "RJM_Fit" said those are fake beyond belief. I didn't see anything crazy to say they are definitely fake thats why I originally posted "you guys are nitpicky". If I showed you some of the OW QC inconsistencies I received directly from Nike, you'd probably say they're fake too.

Edit: this is one of my pair from SNKRS. Looking like a damn carnival airbrush job

3DD94E1A-7500-40D1-8DBA-DC926E53B6E9.jpeg

The orange tab is 2-3x the normal size. The glue inconsistencies could very well quality control issues... but how many times do we see an orange tab 3x the normal size? Never.

I suppose its possible... but it seems highly suspect.

nah. my Saucony x 24Kilate joints from years ago had text on the laces.

24-kilates-saucony-shadow-original-1.jpg
Yeah 24 does a lot if text on laces I know their recent diadora collab also had text on the laces. Im not sayin no other laces in history didnt have text on their laces. Idk if I can make my point any better tho. Ow changed the lace game if you will with the text. Ow laces are so coveted they started making reps. That's what I see them as. I wouldnt wear rep shoes I wont wear rep laces as goofy as that might sound. That's just me. Like I said i still need some green ow laces but I'll just prolly grab blank green laces if i cant find any "authentic" ones

Bootleg laces lmaooo, you deadass? So are footlocker laces and other laces that don't originally come with the shoe "bootleg" too?

Ah, you so tough online and that is stupidest argument I seen in here in a long time. Yeah, those fake offwhite laces that say "shoelaces" are bootleg. The ones in footlocker not trying to be hyped laces. To each their own, but just seems like you might as well buy the fake ow shoe if you gonna rock bootleg/fake laces. I never been into knockoffs, never will be. Sorry you so butt hurt by my comment.

Ah, you so tough online and that is stupidest argument I seen in here in a long time. Yeah, those fake offwhite laces that say "shoelaces" are bootleg. The ones in footlocker not trying to be hyped laces. To each their own, but just seems like you might as well buy the fake ow shoe if you gonna rock bootleg/fake laces. I never been into knockoffs, never will be. Sorry you so butt hurt by my comment.

I'm tough online because I asked you how shoelaces can be bootleg? SHOELACES? Man said hyped laces, you got it my guy i'm done :rofl:

I'm tough online because I asked you how shoelaces can be bootleg? SHOELACES? Man said hyped laces, you got it my guy i'm done :rofl:

I’m with you on this one. At the end of the day, wear whatever laces you want to wear. It’s no different from someone putting rope laces in a Jordan 1, etc. If you think it looks better than what came stock and like the look, change the laces! It doesn’t make the shoes any less real.

A lot of us pay hundreds of dollars paying resell for these shoes. If people want to rock replica laces in addition to the several hundred they have already spent, let them. They have nothing more to prove. The shoe in itself is still authentic. It's like saying you can't customize a car with anything else other than OEM parts... lol

I had to lookup what 'deadass' means. my bad, I thought you were trying to say something entirely different. I wasn't really thinking straight, had some other stuff going on irl, my apologies. Laughing my *** off right now, I'm too old for this...

All that aside, I just don't think a shoelace off the rack at footlocker is in same category as a lace made to imitate an off-white lace. I get why people are doing it, in some cases it looks good, I just don't understand why not get a plain lace without the off-white writing. Not really hating on anyone, just can't stand bootlegs.

A lot of us pay hundreds of dollars paying resell for these shoes. If people want to rock replica laces in addition to the several hundred they have already spent, let them. They have nothing more to prove. The shoe in itself is still authentic. It's like saying you can't customize a car with anything else other than OEM parts... lol

I get what you are saying, but comparing OEM car parts to a knock-off shoelace from china is a bit of a stretch. lol

I had to lookup what 'deadass' means. my bad, I thought you were trying to say something entirely different. I wasn't really thinking straight, had some other stuff going on irl, my apologies. Laughing my *** off right now, I'm too old for this...

All that aside, I just don't think a shoelace off the rack at footlocker is in same category as a lace made to imitate an off-white lace. I get why people are doing it, in some cases it looks good, I just don't understand why not get a plain lace without the off-white writing. Not really hating on anyone, just can't stand bootlegs.

Lmaoooo all good

Back
Top Bottom