Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

****ty pic but for the game tonight fear the deer
20190525_134153.jpg

Finally broke these out yesterday and wore them to work and God damn, does it feel good... in a sentimental way. I'll try to keep the story short.

I scored these through the SNKRS' early access on Feb 5th while being unemployed for four months, which was Chinese New Year Day. I'm a bit superstitious, so I try to avoid buying shoes on the day of since it's traditionally considered bad luck to buy shoes on CNY day, but Nike/SNKRS just had to throw this curveball at me, and I just decided to go for it. I was already struggling to find a job (especially the right one), but since that purchase date, I started somehow landing interview opportunities, starting with one that began the following day after the purchase. Little did I know that job interview process took extremely long (2.5+ months). While I began to slow down on the job search with all my eggs tossed in this one basket, I was also presented with two other interview opportunities six or seven weeks later (mid-to-late March), so I began juggling three job interviews.

Throughout that entire time, I wanted to wear them badly, but I just didn't want to in case my unemployment benefits were exhausted and I couldn't land any of those jobs. I'd needed a possible back-up option to keep me afloat for at least a little bit somehow some way, so these were extremely close to being put on the chopping block... then that good luck charm came in MID-APRIL (three days before my final unemployment check) when I got an official offer from one of those job interviews and accepted it.

Then I just wanted to wait a few weeks and get acclimated before wearing these. :lol: Regardless, these shoes have played out significantly well for me, so the sentimental value on these is extremely high... [EDIT] actually, no... it's priceless.

47931999976_fdfaa71228_b.jpg

Last edited:
Finally broke these out yesterday and wore them to work and God damn, does it feel good... in a sentimental way. I'll try to keep the story short.

I scored these through the SNKRS' early access on Feb 5th while being unemployed for four months, which was Chinese New Year Day. I'm a bit superstitious, so I try to avoid buying shoes on the day of since it's traditionally considered bad luck to buy shoes on CNY day, but Nike/SNKRS just had to throw this curveball at me, and I just decided to go for it. I was already struggling to find a job (especially the right one), but since that purchase date, I started somehow landing interview opportunities, starting with one that began the following day after the purchase. Little did I know that job interview process took extremely long (2.5+ months). While I began to slow down on the job search with all my eggs tossed in this one basket, I was also presented with two other interview opportunities six or seven weeks later (mid-to-late March), so I began juggling three job interviews.

Throughout that entire time, I wanted to wear them badly, but I just didn't want to in case my unemployment benefits were exhausted and I couldn't land any of those jobs. I'd needed a possible back-up option to keep me afloat for at least a little bit somehow some way, so these were extremely close to being put on the chopping block... then that good luck charm came in MID-APRIL (three days before my final unemployment check) when I got an official offer from one of those job interviews and accepted it.

Then I just wanted to wait a few weeks and get acclimated before wearing these. :lol: Regardless, these shoes have played out significantly well for me, so the sentimental value on these is extremely high... [EDIT] actually, no... it's priceless.

47931999976_fdfaa71228_b.jpg

Jeez, 2.5 month long interview process? What was the job?

Jeez, 2.5 month long interview process? What was the job?

Right? :rofl:

What ya working the mail room in the Pentagon!? :sick:

:lol: Nah, it wasn't exactly a government job, but it could be considered close: a program coordinating role at one of the top healthcare institutions in the country. You know what was the worst part about it at the end? Two or three weeks before the process ended, I got ghosted after following up about the status. It's a shame recruiters/hiring managers do this now... At least tell me what's up so I know I didn't get the job.

Thankfully the job I landed (which was a 3-week process) worked out for the better. Much higher pay rate than I expected, too.

:lol: Nah, it wasn't exactly a government job, but it could be considered close: a program coordinating role at one of the top healthcare institutions in the country. You know what was the worst part about it at the end? Two or three weeks before the process ended, I got ghosted after following up about the status. It's a shame recruiters/hiring managers do this now... At least tell me what's up so I know I didn't get the job.

Thankfully the job I landed (which was a 3-week process) worked out for the better. Much higher pay rate than I expected, too.

Nice job! (No pun intended lol) My wife works for the government and based on my research, some of these take upwards of 6 months to get the job. And even then, you’ll undergo a probationary period where they can let you go at any point. But being in management myself, you have to ensure you have the right fit for your business.

Nice job! (No pun intended lol) My wife works for the government and based on my research, some of these take upwards of 6 months to get the job. And even then, you’ll undergo a probationary period where they can let you go at any point. But being in management myself, you have to ensure you have the right fit for your business.

Haha, thank you! Yeah, I heard about that. Two of my friends ended up going through the same process and it took them months to land their respective opportunities.

Just copped worn 1x OG off white presto size 9 with original everything. Got it legit checked and everything checked out. Copped for $1350, good deal or nah?

also i wear the vm's a lot, but i'm a little weary of its lasting power compared to 90's. the longevity of those air bubbles kinda keep me on edge despite surprisingly loving the shoe.

It's a shame recruiters/hiring managers do this now... At least tell me what's up so I know I didn't get the job.

I hate this ****. I've been flown out on interviews before, and still never heard anything back. Pvssy ****. Even a basic email to let the candidate know should be a minimum

Serena is playing (and lost 1 set) and no word on the drop. Nike updated its news website to say it will drop when she takes the court

Back
Top Bottom