Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

**** is so sad man. Wore these yesterday, went to post in here but the thread was so far back from not being posted in for a while that I got distracted before I could find it and forgot. RIP Virgil
20211127_164251.jpg

41 and died a legend. Virgil was a rare breed created his own brand Pyrex to Off-White to creative director at LV to all his Nike collaborations and other projects. He worked street fashion to high end fashion seamless. He's a legend for being able to do all of this at 41. He's icon and had his best work ahead of him. I hope they find the right person to work on his projects or scrap them out of respect of not altering or destroying his vision. Virgil was so prolific that he probably has dozens of projects not announced yet. And this sadly, reminds me of Chadwick Boseman. RIP to the Icons. Legends. Also, it's a reminder that life is short and to stay close with family and friends; no matter how busy you get. You just never know.

Last edited:
It is what it is.

Might be the comeup of a lifetime for some. Kudos to those who still follow through on their sales.
I’ve had my OW Dunks listed for a few weeks and left them as is. Whoever got them got a deal but whatever, they’ll get use out of them. I was never going to wear them.
Used the $ to get a pair of OW AM90s that I know I’ll wear.

Damnread this in fb earlier. Thought it was one of those fake news stories. Sad man. RIP you only die once… but you get to live everyday remember that yall

Just wanted to post this here as well in case anybody out there owes someone an apology but their ego is holding them back:

This dude has always been and will always be a complete overcompensating lame. You can tell he was teased into oblivion as a child and exists to take out his pain on people that he doesn’t even know.

For reference as to what he’s referring to:
Bricks and Wood Overreacts to Virgil Abloh’s opinion on Streetwear

9B92490B-E65E-4736-9E77-F7890B602B39.jpeg
9860AB95-7AB7-40BC-9A2D-62F0C113D414.jpeg

I guess the lesson here is it’s no skin off your back to apologize or make something right with people while they’re still alive. We all say and do things that we later regret and are truly sorry for, but this dude Kacey Lynch and his brand has a reputation for saying and doing repugnant things and tripling down on it.

Don’t run outta time to do the right thing. Put your ego to the side. Don’t be a clown like Kacey Lynch.

Fighting a rare cancer, cardiac angiosarcoma since 2019, no wonder he was overworking himself and putting out all these collections. Reckon he did it since he knew he was running out of time 😔🙏🏽

Again, prayers for his family and friends

Damn, I was going to buy a few pairs I had been wanting and missed, guess chance is gone now....I reckon prices will just keep going up on the earlier stuff correct?

Went out to Melrose to buy/trade for a black pair of Off White AF1s to wear. But they didn't have my size. Ended up with something else. Actually wanted it before Virgil's passing. Now probably not if prices go up. It's already pretty high as is.

I always wear the black af1’s from the ten, my go to when I don’t wanna overthink a fit. Terrible news to hear the man passed.

Had access to The 50 but wasn’t able to get my size been trying to size swap since I got them decided to put them on stock x so I could cop my size, they sold this morning before I heard the news…smh SIP to a legend glad I got the opportunity to see him DJ at the “10” drop in NYC

Back
Top Bottom