Nike x OFF-WHITE Collection Thread - Rest In Peace Virgil Abloh

Estimated delivery for Friday, but been at "order processed ready for UPS" since Monday, and tomorrow is the holiday. No way this gets here Friday unless somehow its moving without it being updated yet lol.
You’ll get it Friday trust me that narvar system does that

Not to sound extreme, but Nike pretty much lost me on this release.

With the botched Draw, to the chaos on Monday, and to their bs twitter response to the whole fiasco....just can't get behind this brand. They don't give AF about the consumer.

And I'm sure they won't miss my money, but I think I'm done with Nike for a while.

Congrats to all who were able to cop tho!

just got hit with this from ups:
a late ups trailer arrival has delayed delivery. we're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day

presto's were supposed to be here today :smh::frown:

With the botched Draw, to the chaos on Monday, and to their bs twitter response to the whole fiasco....just can't get behind this brand. They don't give AF about the consumer.

And I'm sure they won't miss my money, but I think I'm done with Nike for a while.

Exactly what brand makes it EASY to get a in demand product? And it's not the brand, it's us, the consumer and reseller.

And why is it Nike's fault that people want their product to the fact they can break their system?

Are you going to blame Adidas for a Yeezy release or Asics for a Ronnie Feig release?

You’ll get it Friday trust me that narvar system does that

Hoping your'e right! Just called Nike, they said all the shoes are out the warehouse and UPS has it. So even though mine hasn't moved and been updated since Monday they said they still believe i'm getting it Friday. My guess is its one of those tracking situations where when it finally updates you get to see all the previous steps/dates all together finally shown. Crossing my fingers!

Exactly what brand makes it EASY to get a in demand product? And it's not the brand, it's us, the consumer and reseller.

And why is it Nike's fault that people want their product to the fact they can break their system?

Are you going to blame Adidas for a Yeezy release or Asics for a Ronnie Feig release?

Yeah but its not too much to ask to just do a raffle system...and disallow multiple entries into the raffle...and not send out false positive "got em" screens.
Like all anyone ever has asked for is fairness. Like if i have an equal chance to take an L then i am 100% ok with that L. The saltiness comes when it becomes unfair.

Why is it Nike's fault? Not necessarily all of their fault...but they went on a fking world tour with Virgil to build hype. They did a pre-release for god's sake.

And to be honest, it would be nice for a company to really take accountability. Not to get crazy about it, but Nike played a fool saying they had no idea that the demand for this collaboration would be this high. Like really? They gave out free pairs to celebs to rock to A-List events to market this...how do you not know?

Anyways, it is what it is. Agree to disagree, this is my opinion.

Yeah but its not too much to ask to just do a raffle system...and disallow multiple entries into the raffle...and not send out false positive "got em" screens.
Like all anyone ever has asked for is fairness. Like if i have an equal chance to take an L then i am 100% ok with that L. The saltiness comes when it becomes unfair.

Nothing is full proof and anything they did people would try to cheat the system.

If they did a draw people would complain and be unhappy if they didn't win.

People will complain about whatever outcome they have.

You think a KAWS release is fair?

my vapormax is gonna be here on Fri according to tracking :nthat:

shoutout to my reseller for shipping it out so quickly :pimp: :frown:

They can just make more so they don’t have to rely on a system that can be broken so easily

I know how the shoe game goes and I know part of the Off White allure is a limited image. But releases like these make me think... if you make such well designed products, why not just make SOME of them widely available for at least ONE day? Not every release... maybe not this collection specifically... but it’s exhausting.

as much as people say they are done, they will always come back. people will forget about the saltiness from the release in another week or 2. Once the next thing comes along everyone will try again.

and if this weeds people out for the Kaws 4’s then good :smokin (but it wont)

Last edited:
They can just make more so they don’t have to rely on a system that can be broken so easily

I know how the shoe game goes and I know part of the Off White allure is a limited image. But releases like these make me think... if you make such well designed products, why not just make SOME of them widely available for at least ONE day? Not every release... maybe not this collection specifically... but it’s exhausting.

and if they made more, most up here wouldn't want it just like the Jordan's and boost sitting on shelves

Just checked the most recent off whites sold on eBay and a very legit seller (fromcheaptochic) sold the prestos and AJ1s in smaller sizes for $550 shipped. I wonder if they knew what the market was and how quickly they sold after being listed. Lol

I wanted the vapormax, & the 1s but ended up getting the Hyperdunks in a 10.5. This was a tough release.

I somewhat agree, after the Kaws a couple of months back and this release, it's been L's, especially for those of us who don't live in major cities with multiple chances at raffles and even then, it's basically the luck of the draw. Compared to adidas, you at least feel like like you have a fighting chance especially when you put in work.

But its just a different type of work. Bots still ate on the OFF-White release. The same way people do on adidas and YS. But because you can do one..and not the other you like it better.

The most fair way to do it is to do a completely random raffle system. I really don't see why NIKE didn't do that for this release. just take entries 4 or 5 days before the release...don't allow duplicates....and notify the winners.

the one thing nike is doing better then adidas right now is the early access stuff. At least that seems to be an almost hassle free way to letting loyal(ish) customers land shoes

For the Doernbecher releases it seems you have to go in store to enter the Draw. It would be good if Nike could tie SKNRs to a specific phone number (i.e. Confirmed app) and further make entering draws as seamless as checking in person at a store via location services (avoid line-ups to enter a draw). To enter you need to be within a 1 block vicinity or something.

Early access to your paying customers (in a raffle system) and not random access to people with bots creating hundreds of new, unused accounts. Seems to be a fair way to do things.

How about it Nike?

Early access to your paying customers (in a raffle system) and not random access to people with bots creating hundreds of new, unused accounts. Seems to be a fair way to do things.

How about it Nike?

That's one way and I'm mostly in agreement, but I'm a firm believer in tying it to a phone number. You can easily create an algorithm to weed out multiple entries on the same number whereas you may have multiple paying accounts that may have purchased 2-3 sneakers per account over the year if just based on log-in information.

my 97's & 90's are out for delivery for today, this is the fastest i've ever seen them ship something, i missed out on a couple things.. but the way they did the drop was one of the most exciting things i've experienced in recent years .. time went so fast as the anticipation built up, just wish the bots were eliminated.

That's one way and I'm mostly in agreement, but I'm a firm believer in tying it to a phone number. You can easily create an algorithm to weed out multiple entries on the same number whereas you may have multiple paying accounts that may have purchased 2-3 sneakers per account over the year if just based on log-in information.

Very true...can even go a step further and tie it to a valid ID number (that would be asking too much though).

There are so many things Nike can do to combat this inequity if they just tried a little. I'm afraid they don't care.

They would rather put more money into hiring customer service reps to BS you rather than tech wizards who can create a real solution. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom