Nike Zoom Kobe IV ID Thread

Wow..that's odd. They were available for almost a 30 min window when I was checking earlier.

has anyone experienced yellowing of the gum part of the sole?

I'm timid to order the clear soles on Nike ID.

Ordered 1/13.

Email confirmation 1/13.

Manufacturing email 1/14.

Shipped 2/2. Expecting first 2 pairs by Monday!
happy.gif
4 weeks! Faster than Ihad anticipated.

Originally Posted by ridikulas

Two thoughts:

1) I can't believe how many color screwups there have been. Luckily, they usually end up looking tight, but still, do they have ******s building these shoes in China? I'm an MBA student learning about operations right now, and whatever factory is building these is having serious operational issues. How hard is it for a worker to grab the right colors for parts of the shoe when they probably have a picture of the shoe as well as a list? And whatever happened to quality control? Isn't someone supposed to check that everything matches before they ship these out?

2) Is this not the best NikeID release ever? Even though they're selling 24 a day, these have to be on their way to becoming the best-selling IDs of all time. The hype, the colors, and the shoe were all executed very well. Now if they could only assemble the right colors...
MBA student, maybe if they werent paid crap wages they would get colors right or be able to put together "funky" colored looking shoes,so before you go out calling these low paid workers ******s, why dont you think about the working condition they deal with.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Two thoughts:

1) I can't believe how many color screwups there have been. Luckily, they usually end up looking tight, but still, do they have ******s building these shoes in China? I'm an MBA student learning about operations right now, and whatever factory is building these is having serious operational issues. How hard is it for a worker to grab the right colors for parts of the shoe when they probably have a picture of the shoe as well as a list? And whatever happened to quality control? Isn't someone supposed to check that everything matches before they ship these out?

2) Is this not the best NikeID release ever? Even though they're selling 24 a day, these have to be on their way to becoming the best-selling IDs of all time. The hype, the colors, and the shoe were all executed very well. Now if they could only assemble the right colors...
MBA student, maybe if they werent paid crap wages they would get colors right or be able to put together "funky" colored looking shoes, so before you go out calling these low paid workers ******s, why dont you think about the working condition they deal with.

Good point.

I also wouldnt call ANY NIKE ID the best release ever until they actually have something that comes CLOSE to Reebok's Custom site.

Sad but true. Also QC has never been on Nike's top list of priorities unless its painfully obvious. Say like they send you the Hyperdunk but you orderedthe KobeIV

i got my order in before they possibly change them. i didnt like my first design so i changed a few things. just gonna send back the other pair unless someonewants to buy them. ill post pics later

Two thoughts:

MBA student, maybe if they werent paid crap wages they would get colors right or be able to put together "funky" colored looking shoes, so before you go out calling these low paid workers ******s, why dont you think about the working condition they deal with.

We are who we are. I can't control the fact that I am in school here and they're working in a factory in China. But wherever you are in life, you gottado your job. And if you're not doing your job, you should be fired. Especially when someone is paying $140 for something customized to theirspecifications. I don't think you would be so understanding if your shoes came different than you wanted.

Two thoughts:

We are who we are. I can't control the fact that I am in school here and they're working in a factory in China. But wherever you are in life, you gotta do your job. And if you're not doing your job, you should be fired. Especially when someone is paying $140 for something customized to their specifications. I don't think you would be so understanding if your shoes came different than you wanted.

Some parts of what you are saying makes sense, but that.. $140, isnt an incentive for the workers to work harder , from the $140, how much
of it goes to Nike and how much of that goes to the worker. The workers get a super SUPER super small fraction of that $140.

Two thoughts:

We are who we are. I can't control the fact that I am in school here and they're working in a factory in China. But wherever you are in life, you gotta do your job. And if you're not doing your job, you should be fired. Especially when someone is paying $140 for something customized to their specifications. I don't think you would be so understanding if your shoes came different than you wanted.
You wanna fire someone for messing up a $140 $7 shoes? It'scalled a mistake. It doesn't always go right when they produce thousands of the same shoe. So you expect them to get 100% right when doing customs orders?

Nike doesn't care about the workers or the people who buy the shoe. If you aren't satisfied they will gladly sell them to someone else.

Two thoughts:

This shows an almost complete lack of simple comprehension that's staggering.

Two thoughts:

You have a point about people doing their jobs, so i guess in retrospect people shouldnt complain about their shoes made by low paid"******s" since the people we trusted to do their jobs in running this economy/country has run it down to shambles and we are left with this crapeconomy/world state; so in the end, be glad that the "******s" at the least delivered a product, whereas the big wigs we over pay screw us ******ed.
wink.gif
look at the big picture my friend.

anyways, im just ranting. I just think it was harsh to call them "******s" because you obviously are not considering the economic/work conditionsthey LIVE in. So i guess my two cents is "you really do get what you pay for," so dont blame the under paid workers, blame nike who pay these guysenough to not give a rats !#@ about our "funky" colored shoes or QC. Im sure most of these workers who get the work up for these ID think weAmericans are ******s for putting certain ("hideous") color schemes together, so maybe in the end they are trying to help us by "fixing"what they think was a mistake on our part haha.

disclaimer: i think all the designs posted are "wonderful."
tongue.gif

Two thoughts:

You have a point about people doing their jobs, so i guess in retrospect people shouldnt complain about their shoes made by low paid "******s" since the people we trusted to do their jobs in running this economy/country has run it down to shambles and we are left with this crap economy/world state; so in the end, be glad that the "******s" at the least delivered a product, whereas the big wigs we over pay screw us ******ed.
wink.gif
look at the big picture my friend.

anyways, im just ranting. I just think it was harsh to call them "******s" because you obviously are not considering the economic/work conditions they LIVE in. So i guess my two cents is "you really do get what you pay for," so dont blame the under paid workers, blame nike who pay these guys enough to not give a rats !#@ about our "funky" colored shoes or QC. Im sure most of these workers who get the work up for these ID think we Americans are ******s for putting certain ("hideous") color schemes together, so maybe in the end they are trying to help us by "fixing" what they think was a mistake on our part haha.

disclaimer: i think all the designs posted are "wonderful."
tongue.gif
Terrible analogy. I could go on and on and discredit what you said but this is the sneaker forum, General is another story.

The ID is still limited
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom