Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 125 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 102 44.9%

• Total voters
I actually dont like full length zoom that much for hooping. Heel zoom is perfect for me.

The only thing I really like about it flz is the cushion durability (assuming it doesn't pop)

I dont think the lack of sales is a kobe thing its a Nike thing. As mentioned, the high price being a culprit. I dont think the flz fiasco was a big deal outside of the hardcore sneaker fans. Most people do not really know what they are buying. They want it to feel good and be affordable. The 4's feel good but they arent affordable

Point blank, most people are done paying high prices for a performance basketball shoe

Why do you think lebron prices went down? :lol:

Remember when his sigs were at $200 or more before?

$175 is ridiculous, that’s why the model is sitting. If they priced em we $140 more people who never even seen the shoe before would have copped and they would have done a little better

Can’t wait to see the ridiculous price point in the Vs

I think you all need to look at this from a business perspective.

Is Nike taking an L if they take a $120 retail shoe, mark it up to $180 at retail, it “sits”, then they “discount” it to $130-$140? Even if the product is at a Nike outlet, that’s a DTC sale with an even higher profit margin when you understand the retail chain.

Don’t get it twisted, Nike is still making a killing on products that sit.

Why because the FLZ? That’s about it

Even then, the IV are GREAT on the court, y’all overhyping the FLZ big time IMO

if people have been calling the IV/V greatest of the line or basketball shoes in general, nothing’s changed. We’ve had plenty of basketball shoes with FLZ... doesn’t mean much
FLZ is amazing no doubt and is not over hyped by any means but even be found that the fit of the 1 is much better than the 4..... I own multiple colorways of both and feel the 1 is hands down the better shoe

When it comes to buying b-ball shoes nowadays, I pretty much never pay retail for a general release shoe. I MIGHT pay retail for a limited release drop, but only if it’s something that I’ve always wanted. Since I’m most wearing basketball shoes to play ball in, I really don’t want to pay top dollar for a shoe just to trash it on the court.

Enjoying the performance conversation around 1 versus 4. Currently trying to decide if I wanna cop and break in a pair of either. The lower price point of the 1’s help, but the 4’s are aesthetically better for sure.

Point blank, most people are done paying high prices for a performance basketball shoe

Why do you think lebron prices went down? :lol:

Remember when his sigs were at $200 or more before?

$175 is ridiculous, that’s why the model is sitting. If they priced em we $140 more people who never even seen the shoe before would have copped and they would have done a little better

Can’t wait to see the ridiculous price point in the Vs
I don't remember any bron ( maybe a few elites broke $200 but I don't count that as a general sig) being $200+ but to your price of ppl not wanting to pay that much you are right, but at the same time ppl don't want to pay for anything nowadays. A sig can drop for $100 and you still see the thread filled with " can't wait to cop on discount " .

FLZ is amazing no doubt and is not over hyped by any means

Here's the thing though- not all Full length zoom is created equal.

It's there in the Zk1's. But is that a stellar iteration of FLZ? Absolutely not.

So by standards we've come to know over the years, the FLZ implementation in the ZK1's is over hyped.

Here's the thing though- not all Full length zoom is created equal.

It's there in the Zk1's. But is that a stellar iteration of FLZ? Absolutely not.

So by standards we've come to know over the years, the FLZ implementation in the ZK1's is over hyped.
I disagree with that argument in general but besides that we are comparing the 1 to the 4 and in a direct comparison the FLZ in the 1 is a better setup than the setup in the 4.

I disagree with that argument in general but besides that we are comparing the 1 to the 4 and in a direct comparison the FLZ in the 1 is a better setup than the setup in the 4.

To my surprise, the 1’s just didn’t have a better set up this time even with the FLZ.
It is what it is. The 4’s forefoot phylon is super plush while still giving you outstanding court feel and the 4’s heel Zoom is very bouncy.

Okay guys, let’s settle this once and for all....

*Snaps fingers*.... “Yo waddup it’s Don”

LOL! Love the sole bros even with all their flaws and haphazard review process.

I’m convinced that they’ve never actually played pickup basketball and they just do an extended series of And 1 mixtape moves to test shoes.

When Sammy says “so if you’re doing crosses these shoes are really good for that” I completely lose it every time because WHO THE HELL IS SAMMY LEE CROSSING OVER??? :rofl:

hot take from someone who wears both casually:

1s - remind me of the 90s (bulky, comfy, raw materials)

4s - sleeker, yet plush...reminiscent of SBs

If memory serves me correctly, I believe it was Nick DePaula who mentioned there would be a plethora of colorways for this model. Thus far it seems this isn’t coming to fruition as its only been PE and nothing much for the regular consumer.

JS”
Think so yeah. Right around all star game time I think? When they were getting some PEs out there.

Interesting.....
Screenshot_20190729-091944.png

sole brothers are wack. never seen footage of them playing ball, but I guarantee Hoop and Life and Jahron would shut them out in a game of 2on2.

judging by the way Nelson and Jahron play, you can tell that they're cutting hard, playing actual basketball.

I'll take the 1 over the 4 any day of the week, especially out doors. I like a well built shoe, heavier shoes. The LBJ 3 isn't sitting anywhere in bigger sizes, and those feature the bounciest zoom on the market.

Last edited:
Sole brothers are trash. I dont feel like they put the time or effort into their content. I see them fumbling around when talking about previous models and colorways.

If it were live, I get it. But they have the benefit of putting together what they want to talk about before and should at least review a little bit before going in.

I'll be fair and say that I haven't watched an extensive amount of their content because I didnt like what I saw. There may be plenty of times they do this and things go smoothly but I haven't really ran into it

Back
Top Bottom