Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 123 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 45.3%

• Total voters
Can we just all agree to no longer bring up the lack of full length zoom? Crappy move don’t get me wrong. But I think we’ve beat the dead horse long enough.

To answer your question, no. The lack of forefoot zoom will forever be attached to this release and it's the only thing I'l think about when someone brings up the Kobe IV Protro. I'm not too invested because in perspective there are so many good shoes to play in, both old and new, and there always will be.

What does get me is the missed potential. Every time I catch up on this thread I think to myself that we should be discussing how awesome these are to play in because of that zoom and how they are probably GOAT bball shoes. Yet here we are.

For context I would like to point out that I too think it was a crappy move and would much prefer the full length zoom. And it's pretty hard to call this a "protro" at this point. I guess I'm just over it since it is one of my all time favorite shoes and I'm just happy it's back. Definitely plan on scooping up a pair at some point.

Wish Nike would take a different approach with the 4’s and make more lifestyle CW’s.

Imagine a Parra colorway like the air max 1’s for the 4’s.

Or an air max safari Colorway.

Imagine an all suede red upper, mesh tongue, patched leather swoosh with white midsole and outsole Kobe 4’s.

All the PE’s that we’ve seen so far are boring AF! and uninspired and lazy. I feel like nike. Needs a major upgrade with they’re basketball shoe designers.
No.

To answer your question, no. The lack of forefoot zoom will forever be attached to this release and it's the only thing I'l think about when someone brings up the Kobe IV Protro. I'm not too invested because in perspective there are so many good shoes to play in, both old and new, and there always will be.

What does get me is the missed potential. Every time I catch up on this thread I think to myself that we should be discussing how awesome these are to play in because of that zoom and how they are probably GOAT bball shoes. Yet here we are.

I feel similarly. I didn't necessarily need full zoom either. Just an improvement or two over the original, such as lunar or react in the forefoot instead of the "lunarlite" in the OG's that bottomed out quick. Or a forefoot met zoom bag like the 5's. Something to improve the longevity and performance. Not saying just the phylon isn't better than the old lunarlite, but damn with all the options nowadays and the steep price they couldnt throw us a bone? But to kind of take a step BACK from the original, unacceptable.

I feel similarly. I didn't necessarily need full zoom either. Just an improvement or two over the original, such as lunar or react in the forefoot instead of the "lunarlite" in the OG's that bottomed out quick. Or a forefoot met zoom bag like the 5's. Something to improve the longevity and performance. Not saying just the phylon isn't better than the old lunarlite, but damn with all the options nowadays and the steep price they couldnt throw us a bone? But to kind of take a step BACK from the original, unacceptable.

I DO need full length zoom air. It's just a ****ing bag with some fibers and air in it. Put it in goddamn shoe. Kobe only has like 4 classics when it comes to on court performance. This is one of em. How you gonna not take care of your own baby/creation Nike. Disgraceful

I DO need full length zoom air. It's just a ****ing bag with some fibers and air in it. Put it in goddamn shoe. The research and development cost for zoom air has already been made back 10000x fold by now. I cannot believe every signature shoe isn't full length zoom. Kobe only has like 4 classics when it comes to on court performance. This is one of em. How you gonna not take care of your own baby/creation Nike. Disgraceful

White/Orion Blue/Varsity Purple
AV6339-100

05BFCC8F-CEEC-4C8D-A994-DB9B6A47E2C8.jpeg
i love this color. this can be fantastic and great

Back
Top Bottom