Nike Zoom Kobe IV PROTRO (MORE IN 2023!!)

Now that the ZK IV DO NOT have full length zoom, will you still cop?

• Yes

Votes: 125 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 102 44.9%

• Total voters
Sole Bros his a hit and miss...for the most part, Sammy(asian kid) complains way too much. That his reviews isn't about the shoe but how the shoe run its business. Always going off tangent/topic. Which I get but focus on the shoe rather than direction of how the shoe company runs it's business.

I could go on, but I just take their review with a little grain of salt and never let it affect my purchasing power.

Now wear testers/Nightwing reviews..... he's a real one. He knows what he's talking about all the time..... that's the reviewer to watch.

Have we confirmed that the NBA and WNBA Kobe IV PE’s have full length zoom or are they the same set up as the retail?

I don’t think any pairs have FLZ.

Again the Kobe IV has always had a foam based forefoot. It was a misprint or mistake.

Yeah doubt any have FLZ and even still, the forefoot foam is “better” than the OG. Barely any complaints documented here on court about them.
Exactly, dudes just bad mouthing the shoes without even trying em just because of the no FLZ

trust me I was upset because of the price and the promised FLZ but these are GREAT

Had to do it lol...went to break em in with workout session this morning
89D97DA0-F25D-4D90-A0CD-475353588F84.jpeg

Gonna need to play some actual games to really put these to the test, but after my workout (shots, dribbling, etc) and a couple of games of 21 I have some initial thoughts...They’re a good shoe! LOL

The setup is similar to a lot of the current Kobe releases...lunar forefoot and heel zoom, which are pretty good so it really comes down to personal preference. I like the response from zoom more than foam cushion but these are a great alternative.

Last edited:
Exactly, dudes just bad mouthing the shoes without even trying em just because of the no FLZ

trust me I was upset because of the price and the promised FLZ but these are GREAT

Just wondering since a lot of people complain constantly about the IV’s not having FLZ. If FLZ is the end all be all of performance then it’s crazy so many high end NBA players wear the IV’s and the Exodus. IMO they are both dope. I don’t want to even jump in on the “oh it’s $180 and no FLZ...” honestly what’s an extra $30 in the grand scheme. If that’s make or break then time to evaluate the bag.

No one's not bad mouthing the shoes. It's the fact that Nike promoted Kobe protro 4 in their press release to have full length zoom, and went and change the details to the press release with out notifying the media or public about said changes.

No one's not bad mouthing the shoes. It's the fact that Nike promoted Kobe protro 4 in their press release to have full length zoom, and went and change the details to the press release with out notifying the media or public about said changes.

Yea the 4 are slightly better than what were, but to call it a Protro having followed up the 1 which was a true Protro is bull****. It might as well just be a retro and not be 30% more than what it was originally priced at. Shoe is still an all timer in performance but was pushed as something it isn’t.

but I guarantee Hoop and Life and Jahron would shut them out in a game of 2on2.

judging by the way Nelson and Jahron play, you can tell that they're cutting hard, playing actual basketball.

Nelson looks like THE most annoying guy to have on your team in a pickup game.

Probably doesn’t pass much and takes bad contested shots.

Jahron looks like he plays the right way from his clips but who knows.

The LBJ 3 isn't sitting anywhere in bigger sizes, and those feature the bounciest zoom on the market.

:rofl:

And regarding all of the reviewer talk- I used to watch all of the reviews and then form an opinion but that’s a waste of time.

Just read what Schwollo says. He’s on point every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME without fail.

And you don’t have to worry about him being biased because he’s ad-free and doesn’t maintain any type of relationship with any brands. He’s a hooper and a collector and buys everything he reviews with his own money so he isn’t beholden to anyone.

1's also have better traction than the 4's, although both are good.
I thought it was just me so I didn't add that into my reasons why I say 1>4 .....but the traction in my 1's are better than my 4's for sure.

From my experience the 1's have better traction, better cushioning and better fitment.

Back
Top Bottom