Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

It's funny cuz I was actually thinking of that earlier..... what Kobes would folks offer to trade and really only can be grinches. For the hype someone would take the grinches(if they dont have em..... and true kobe heads will take the HOF because of their meaning

Depends on how you look at it though.

Like you said, somebody could consider the Grinches as the "hype" sneaker and consider the HoF as the "true kobe head" sneaker because of its meaning.
But somebody could also view the opposite, in that they consider the Grinches as the "true kobe head" sneaker and has the meaning attached to it (a Christmas shoe that Kobe actually wore) and the HoF as the "hype" sneaker because it's the new Kobe sneaker.

As for me personally, I view the Grinches as the sneaker that has more meaning than the HoF sneaker. I just have more of a connection to that sneaker as a Kobe fan than I do the HoF pair.

I mean besides it being a dope CW the grinches aren’t any sort of milestone CW for Kobe. It’s just another Christmas shoe. Don’t get me wrong I love the ones I got but it’s just a super hyped color way

I’d definitely trade my HoFs for another pair of Grinches. Hopefully I could find someone willing to do the trade when my pair comes in.
Someone in the Tradeblock app tried to trade me a pair of used soacejams 11’s and used retro 1 all star with replacement boxes for my HOF. Had to decline. Matter fact I’m taking them off the app.

• Wow
Reactions: MVP
Just got tracking from UNDFTD for the 2nd wave of W's. Will be delivered by tomorrow (in socal).

Never heard of that app, but sounds like an interesting concept. Don't wanna think about what happens if someone sends over a shoe that doesn't match the condition or that isn't even the correct shoe offered for a trade.

Anywho, grinches are great and are a cw Kobe actually wore so I can see why people would think of that one being the more coveted one. I can also see how the HoF pair is the one tied to a big accomplishment, plus it's a great collab shoe from undefeated. Simple fix, get both!

Never heard of that app, but sounds like an interesting concept. Don't wanna think about what happens if someone sends over a shoe that doesn't match the condition or that isn't even the correct shoe offered for a trade.

Anywho, grinches are great and are a cw Kobe actually wore so I can see why people would think of that one being the more coveted one. I can also see how the HoF pair is the one tied to a big accomplishment, plus it's a great collab shoe from undefeated. Simple fix, get both!
It’s a way to trade shoes. It’s pretty cool, but you can get some bum deals offered to you. Some will try to play you like Willy Foo Foo.

the undftd 5 pack was heavily botted and went to mostly resellers, so they shouldve only picked the people that didn't hit the pack :lol:
100% was botted but it was also went to die hards too

Also think kobes won’t dip as hard as other shoes.
With jordan’s & others it’s just resellers and people who are into sneakers. You got people who just want something kobe to hold on to forever which means less pairs in actual circulation to drive prices down
It’s a way to trade shoes. It’s pretty cool, but you can get some bum deals offered to you. Some will try to play you like Willy Foo Foo.
That soo is all either kids or fools just starting their collections. I’ve heard about some of the trades and :rofl:

I mean besides it being a dope CW the grinches aren’t any sort of milestone CW for Kobe. It’s just another Christmas shoe. Don’t get me wrong I love the ones I got but it’s just a super hyped color way
This! It was just another xmas sneaker. When I copped the lebron 8 that year I was still able to cop grinches later that day of release ( but I didn't cause I didn't like them and still dont) if kobe was still alive the retro of the grinches wouldn't of been has hyped.

The undefeated pack was definitely botted, but I think they also tried to do a good job getting it to the public as well. That or they had a ton of what if pairs made. 3 people I knew hit for me, whereas I came up empty. My account was the only one that had past prior purchases of the 1 and 4 collab.

This! It was just another xmas sneaker. When I copped the lebron 8 that year I was still able to cop grinches later that day of release ( but I didn't cause I didn't like them and still dont) if kobe was still alive the retro of the grinches wouldn't of been has hyped.

I disagree. Hype was already high when rumors of Grinches were getting protro'd prior to Kobe's passing. You gotta remember that even before Kobe passed, Grinches were considered the Kobe grails. This is a sneaker that has been out of circulation for 10 years. If they were going to make a retro, it will be hyped regardless of Kobe being still here or not.

Plenty of other more sought after colorways than grinches. They could be had for nearly retail for months after they came out. And a few years later still reasonably priced. Most that consider them grails don’t have a Kobe older than the 8 besides grinches :lol:

Plenty of other more sought after colorways than grinches. They could be had for nearly retail for months after they came out. And a few years later still reasonably priced. Most that consider them grails don’t have a Kobe older than the 8 besides grinches :lol:

This is just false as far as sought out colorways. There's a reason that's it's probably been the most worn Nike basketball shoe by NBA players consistently this season. There's rarely a game that a player doesn't have a pair on.

I'd like to hear what your top 3 are.

Pretty positive the Carpe Diem IVs, Chaos Vs, and Grinch VIs are really high up on most everybody's lists in the line just cause of the executions of the colorways.

This is just false as far as sought out colorways. There's a reason that's it's probably been the most worn Nike basketball shoe by NBA players consistently this season. There's rarely a game that a player doesn't have a pair on.

I'd like to hear what your top 3 are.

Pretty positive the Carpe Diem IVs, Chaos Vs, and Grinch VIs are really high up on most everybody's lists in the line just cause of the executions of the colorways.

C/Ws I’d take before grinches? That’s a super long list. As far as top 3:

MLK IVs
Chaos IV
Chaos V

My number 1 is Inspector Gadget 5s but I won’t list them since it’s a sample pair.

Of course it’s worn a bunch this season, considering it’s a hyped colorway that just retroed and Kobe passed. Thats common sense

You really think some NBA players are gonna wear some OG 4s? Stop :lol:

Like I said to newer heads sure they’re grails (and there’s nothing wrong with that) but ask people who’ve been collecting from the start, not even close.

Again, it’s a dope C/W and I’ve got a couple but in the end it’s an all volt shoe with a black swoosh. Super overhyped IMO

C/Ws I’d take before grinches?

MLK IVs
Chaos IV
Chaos V

My number 1 is Inspector Gadget 5s but I won’t list them since it’s a sample pair.

Of course it’s worn a bunch this season, considering it’s a hyped colorway that just retroed. Thats common sense

You really think some NBA players are gonna wear some OG 4s? Stop :lol:

Like I said to newer heads sure they’re grails (and there’s nothing wrong with that) but ask people who’ve been collecting from the start, not even close.

Again, it’s a dope C/W and I’ve got a couple but in the end it’s an all volt shoe with a black swoosh. Super overhyped IMO

The 1s, 4s and 5s have all retroed in the past few years and none of them have been as popular as the Grinches for on court wear. It's an iconic colorway/shoe period. I've been collecting and wearing Kobe's going back to the Huaraches and would disagree pretty strongly about them as far as attainable grails.

Back
Top Bottom