Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Yea yall got numbers numbers. I started with the ZK1s... just one pair... black/white. I hoop hoop. Blessed to even be called Kobe while hooping through the years. But that's when I started to dive into buying kicks exclusively to hoop... the Nike Legends(the models that the ZK1s looked like) were actually my first just hooping pair. For context.. I'll be 36 in July. Then Orca 2s... skipped the 3s cuz I was good with my 1s and 2s. Then GM 4s. Del sol 5s was when I switched it up to copping for casual.

ZK1-.......6(because they started it all)
8s..........5
4s..........4
9s..........2 highs... 1 low...1 EM
2s...........2
7s............4
5s............9(8 of them protros)
6s. ...........3
3s..............2
11s.............3
10s.............1

With me... I was always conscientious of budgeting and all along with knowing I didnt have the space to have piles of boxes. Ironically my faves up to 7s.... all because I hooped in those models and all of them did me right.

I will need to go through all my records/ shoes at home, actually never made a list per model, the Kobe 8s were defintely my favourites, here a quick photo of what I once had when they were all new and DS, photo is from Summer 2013. Next week I will meet up with a guy who has the entire prelude pack in a size 9, I am not in a 9 in all of them, but let's see what I will come up with.
DSCN5465.JPG

The best thing was most of the Vs I got back when I was at my peak with them, I don’t think I spent over $200 on a single pair. Minus both pairs of inspector gadgets but those are samples so I won’t count them. That includes 3 each of the big stages (one of each purchased on release day). Vs used to be DIRT cheap on eBay :lol: take me back

Really when you think about it there haven’t been very many pairs that had a crazy resell value right after release day. I remember the WTK 8s could be had for around $300. The Sparks were funky because you could buy them early for a decent price then they skyrocketed once there wasn’t a US release.

Seems like the general consensus in here is the Xs are the worst Kobe

Last edited:
Need the HOF sasquatch sizes to keep dropping. Under 500 will be a cop.

I will switch to the purple laces on my pair the second my first pair will arrive this friday/ saturday

Since I was intrigued by the numbers people have I literally had my wife count my models with me. Had to go the attic and the other closet. This includes protros and ids. I have given some of my kobes away to family and goodwill but re bought ones I regret leaving after he passed. I know a lot of people give the 7s **** but them was easy to get in my area and I loved the concept. 8s are my thing. 6 still goat to me
Kobe 6(14)
Kobe 8(23)
Kobe 9 (12)
Kobe 4 (9)
Kobe 5 : 8
Kobe 7 (12)
Kobe X (4)
Kobe 11 (7)
Kobe 3 (1)
Kobe 1 (1)
Kobe 2 (0)
Kobe Ad (4)

And I thought my 40 pairs were a lot

Some of y’all were asking about the HoF black lace swap. I took the black laces from my FTB XI.

5A633156-99B8-4416-A9FD-C6F74FAC0001.jpeg
I never understood why they gave us 2 extra laces with the FTB’s. Mine have just been chilling in the box.

Will definitely be using them now.

Reactions: MVP
My GOAT sale got canceled (offer of $300 for size 9 was accepted morning of release, before), but might not be a bad thing as prices are steadily falling (for size 9s at least). So I’d recommend anyone looking for a pair to start watching resell markets as it definitely looks like these overwhelmingly are in the hands of resellers. 📉

looking forward to getting a pair, congrats to y’all who copped retail 🐍

My GOAT sale got canceled (offer of $300 for size 9 was accepted morning of release, before), but might not be a bad thing as prices are steadily falling (for size 9s at least). So I’d recommend anyone looking for a pair to start watching resell markets as it definitely looks like these overwhelmingly are in the hands of resellers. 📉

looking forward to getting a pair, congrats to y’all who copped retail 🐍

Yea looks that way for big foot sizes as well although they're still hovering around 550 right now. Got a bid in for 500 (13) and 475 (14) hopefully one of them gets accepted.

Back
Top Bottom