Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

No joke, we all took those amazing cw's for granted. I thought I only needed one cw of each Kobe silo and boy was I wrong. But definitely couldn't be copping every cw from Kobe 4-11 as a hs/college student.

Honestly Kobe's tragic passing was the first time we encountered something like this. No one could've saw this coming.

All of our other big signature athletes are still here with us *knock on wood*. Prior to his passing Kobe's were readily available a lot of the protro's sat or could've been had for retail or little bit over.

Great athletes pass away all the time, usually from precious eras and prices go up on their memorabilia. This is different. It's gross the level of profiteering on Kobe's death. I would argue it's unprecedented simply because the other deceased athletes were from eras where sports weren't as commercialized as they are now (shoe deals, clothing lines, ect.) so there wasnt really "product" to go around.

Nike absolutely needs to approach future Kobe releases differently. Make it so there's no refunds on Kobe sneakers and keep turning up the production until you see a glut in the resale market.

Honestly Kobe's tragic passing was the first time we encountered something like this. No one could've saw this coming.

All of our other big signature athletes are still here with us *knock on wood*. Prior to his passing Kobe's were readily available a lot of the protro's sat or could've been had for retail or little bit over.
I was waiting for some 4s to go on sale man.... I was telling myself to not be cheap but I said I could hold out and two weeks later he passed. Everyone cleaned out every store that I was monitoring for sales including NDC. Sad nike really did us dirty with protros post death.

I remembered the time when you could buy Kobe's on sale for the low.

IMG_5608.jpeg
IMG_5717.png
IMG_5718.png
IMG_5712.png
IMG_5715.png

Eh I don’t care if they bring more around or not. Those that loved them since day 1 have their pairs, the rest jumped on too late post his death. There weren’t many Kobe Vs that were impossible to get back in the day and if you did miss out then resell was super reasonable. When I amassed most of my collection the hardest pairs for me to get were some of the TBs (silver, purple, Carolina) :smh:

Eh I don’t care if they bring more around or not. Those that loved them since day 1 have their pairs, the rest jumped on too late post his death. There weren’t many Kobe Vs that were impossible to get back in the day and if you did miss out then resell was super reasonable. When I amassed most of my collection the hardest pairs for me to get were some of the TBs (silver, purple, Carolina) :smh:
Yeah but how long til these OG pairs fall apart due to aging? I for one want to wear them for ball. My old pairs are pretty worn out from all the uses so protros were nice to replace them. Was def waiting for 9s to protro with possible cushion replacement with something like react that didn't bottom out.

Yeah but how long til these OG pairs fall apart due to aging? I for one want to wear them for ball. My old pairs are pretty worn out from all the uses so protros were nice to replace them. Was def waiting for 9s to protro with possible cushion replacement with something like react that didn't bottom out.

This.

They won't last forever.

Lol nah. Sounds like ur pairs are for casual use anyway.

I had my pairs of OG 5s and 6s, my favorite Kobe’s. When protros were coming out I went ahead and got rid of my old pairs. The big sizes were still really hard to get, I struck out on chaos protro 5s. Then the tragedy happened and we got screwed on 6s. That’s just me but I’m sure a lot of day 1s also moved their OGs and need fresh pairs especially hoopers.

That’s the store address tho
Lol whoops. Didn't use my critical reading skills. Didn't even realize that Nike in store purchases show up in your snkrs/nike order history. Hawaii hasn't had a Niketown for quite some time so I've always had to ship

My OGs are starting to separate. Not going to be paying $200 a pair to have them reglued.
Hey if it's casual use and still in good shape..... you at least know you have that pair secured if ever they protro then. Can see it from that angle. Even DS pairs.

50% of my Kobe collection is in 'sole-separation' phase. In the past I've used Angelus clear cement and also Aquaseal+sr....and both have done the job. I've used Aqua on NB FF Hierro with separation that get some rocky/wooded trail use.

I'm sure Nike has spent energy tackling supply chain problems, and although I don't agree with some woke causes...I respect the effort. Maybe one of these days they can get around to solving icy soles that yellow quick and sole separation. Oh...and bots.

I remember hearing T Swift had her legs insured for 40mil...and I remember Mariah Carey doing something similar.

I always thought pro athletes did the same. I would think wearing Kobes that are a decade old or more would definitely be an issue. And rep pairs worn in a pro game....

I remember hearing T Swift had her legs insured for 40mil...and I remember Mariah Carey doing something similar.

I always thought pro athletes did the same. I would think wearing Kobes that are a decade old or more would definitely be an issue. And rep pairs worn in a pro game....
I mean morant def wore fake kobes. Reps don't make it necessarily unusable in a game.

Back
Top Bottom