Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

Nah there's def parents like that. My cousin used to give her son $5k in cash to spend in NYC whenever he came down to visit me. I would take him to flightclub every summer when he was in middle school just to watch him drop 3 bands on sneakers and then a couple hundred on me for taking him LOL.
Jesus, that’s crazy 😨

I have the Chaos and I wasn't going to wear them, figured prices would come down a bit. Thought I would cash out high and rebuy when they were a little cheaper plus I wanted a size 10.

Didn't happen....

Kobe's weren't reselling like that back then.
I just would've kept them for the sole purpose of earning them thru 2k. I wish I was home to play it that day but I was busy.

There’s people who grab for retails and play with em

Not that crazy. Snkr twitter and lucky *** NTers aren’t the only ones hitting for retail fellas

But with Reddit and all this stuff and how good fakes are now, def a lot out there but I don’t blame people after seeing pictures

A basketball shoe shouldn’t be $800

Not that crazy. Snkr twitter and lucky *** NTers aren’t the only ones hitting for retail fellas

But with Reddit and all this stuff and how good fakes are now, def a lot out there but I don’t blame people after seeing pictures

It shouldn't be but Nike and Vanessa are apparently cool with this so here we are.

Oh I have. My dads old boss bought his son a $80k truck for his 16th birthday. His daughter also got like a $15k a month spending limit but she always overspent, she also got her moms bmw when a new one came out.

Yeah that won't turn out good in the long run.

1682967258739.png

To this day I pretend I didn't do this.
Holy crap. That is nuts, especially compared to now. I didn't play 2k back then, but I didn't wanna fork over 550 for my size 9 back then. Regret even that.

Hurt my feelings every time I see resell prices for 2K Chaos these days, knowing I could’ve got em for much cheaper :smh:

Last edited:
Paying anything above 400 for hoop shoes is pretty nuts when they get torn up pretty quickly. I remember seeing a hs kid playing on our local tv station in some chaos 5's. I even saw the post of him buying em from Truest's IG so I know they were legit. But damn, he must've come at least 500-600 outta pocket

Especially hard to pay that much when they are outclassed performance wise now. They held the top spot for years but not anymore.

Plus I'm hesitant to even buy resale especially from stockx with how good fakes are now. It's kinda cool that they made playable reps.

Plus I'm hesitant to even buy resale especially from stockx with how good fakes are now. It's kinda cool that they made playable reps.
That’s why I’m tempted to buy reps. I’m not tryna blow $800 on a pair of Bruce lees just for them to be destroyed after one season :smh:

I bought a pair of these reps because I heard such great things about them…wore them once and now I might throw them in the trash 😂

Jk… I’m not going to do that but for sure won’t be wearing them again.

I heard S2's are the ones that perform like, if not better than, retails. I never personally wore em so I can't comment on that.
Maybe that’s it s2…

I’m at work now, and I don’t have any pics to post of reps but I have the Alt BL colorway….

The V’s are one of my all time favorites from the KB line, here are my retail pairs

IMG_6235_Original.jpeg
62881309172__FC07C4DF-9B29-495F-B7B6-FD45A33B7EEC_Original.jpeg
IMG_2589_Original.jpeg

IMG_2928_Original.jpeg

Guess I’m too familiar with the retail version of this shoe…and if I didn’t have so many I probably wouldn’t notice this but my take is that it’s closer to 80% of retail and whether or not that 20% difference bothers you…

Off the top of my head I think they’re slightly wider, the inner lining isn’t quite as plush, materials are somewhat thinner, cushioning slightly firmer/less responsive and they don’t seem as durable. Someone stepped on the black part of the upper and scraped some of the paint off.

But this was just one pair and I admit I’m super picky when it comes to my shoes. Maybe one day I’ll address the scuff mark and wear them casually.

Maybe that’s it s2…

I’m at work now, and I don’t have any pics to post of reps but I have the Alt BL colorway….

The V’s are one of my all time favorites from the KB line, here are my retail pairs

IMG_6235_Original.jpeg
62881309172__FC07C4DF-9B29-495F-B7B6-FD45A33B7EEC_Original.jpeg
IMG_2589_Original.jpeg

IMG_2928_Original.jpeg

Guess I’m too familiar with the retail version of this shoe…and if I didn’t have so many I probably wouldn’t notice this but my take is that it’s closer to 80% of retail and whether or not that 20% difference bothers you…

Off the top of my head I think they’re slightly wider, the inner lining isn’t quite as plush, materials are somewhat thinner, cushioning slightly firmer/less responsive and they don’t seem as durable. Someone stepped on the black part of the upper and scraped some of the paint off.

But this was just one pair and I admit I’m super picky when it comes to my shoes. Maybe one day I’ll address the scuff mark and wear them casually.
The GKs are the ones that are like retails.

Back
Top Bottom