Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

1708055567220.gif

I think it's also.... I guess getting used to what they "plan" on releasing this year as far as different Kobe models. We already had the 8s with more to come, 6s, 4s, 9s and now these 5s.

Whole new ball game with the Jordan-esque approach. Oh yea forgot about the Uptowns(nyc lingo)

The problem is everyone wants the same colorways regurgitated again, I don’t care for those blue ones but I do hope they release some basic colorways. All them zebra looking PEs and that stuff were trash

It's not like every OG colorway looked good and a lot of them were going to outlets and on deep discount.

The problem is everyone wants the same colorways regurgitated again, I don’t care for those blue ones but I do hope they release some basic colorways. All them zebra looking PEs and that stuff were trash

Right. My issue (and I believe most people's issue) with it isn't that they do different colorways. It's that it has been years of limited or literally zero releases, and now that Nike is finally--SLOWLY--getting around to trickling out more, it's a never-ending stream of boring or random or ugly meaningless-to-Kobe's-career colorways while there are plenty of OG and potentially badass colorways that could be made easily. We can't get some Dark Knights or PoPs or Inks etc etc, but here you go, have a random TB-like blue colorway that has nothing to do with anything Kobe ever did and which I'll go out on a limb and say pretty much no one was dreaming of. Hell, if you're gonna be this random, put them on freaking Nike By You, or at least even drop some of the fire PEs NBA players have rocked over the past few years.

Right. My issue (and I believe most people's issue) with it isn't that they do different colorways. It's that it has been years of limited or literally zero releases, and now that Nike is finally--SLOWLY--getting around to trickling out more, it's a never-ending stream of boring or random or ugly meaningless-to-Kobe's-career colorways while there are plenty of OG and potentially badass colorways that could be made easily. We can't get some Dark Knights or PoPs or Inks etc etc, but here you go, have a random TB-like blue colorway that has nothing to do with anything Kobe ever did and which I'll go out on a limb and say pretty much no one was dreaming of. Hell, if you're gonna be this random, put them on freaking Nike By You, or at least even drop some of the fire PEs NBA players have rocked over the past few years.

Don’t wish that evil on me, I will go BROKE :lol:

Yea I'm def going to admit when I first saw the image... it was just the upper... and scrolled right passed it... then saw another post with the bottoms... then was like these kobe 5s?!

I really would like to know the essence of these created designs

Standard operating procedures. First sell a bunch of variants. Then sell a desired OG colorway in a limited run. Once demand is back up make consolation type colorways mixed with a few OG retros along the way.

Standard operating procedures. First sell a bunch of variants. Then sell a desired OG colorway in a limited run. Once demand is back up make consolation type colorways mixed with a few OG retros along the way.
100%

I honestly don't care what the shoe looks like as I'm more into the performance aspect of Kobes. I've been deprived of my beloved Kobe 5s for so long, I'll take whatever I can get. They're getting run into the ground on the court anyway. My only hope is that with these lame *** protro+ colorways tank in the resell market so that casuals/botters/resellers stop speculative buying on Kobes and leave them to the actual fans.

Releasing October… a Kobe Halloween sneaker? Who thought that was a good idea… like who the fu** is working on these lines, butchering the line man.

Back
Top Bottom