Nike Zoom Kobe V PROTRO - Dec 2019

:rofl::nerd::rofl:
How much input did kobe have in this one?! I am not going to place all the blame on nike here, nope!

I read the article on VC's input on the BB4 being retro'd, with his suggestion on how the toe box should be widened, and what colors to release. I do not think that what has been released with this line, could not be launched without the Black mamba's input.:lol::rofl::wow:

Hoping these are one of the undftd pairs but what has me worried is that i thought those were slotted for a fall release.
Whispers are a Home release for next month soooo considering weve yet to see what those look like and top of Feb is literally in less than 2 wks out...
I just want to know why?
I mean they mess up the 4 and now the 5? Why?

giphy (11).gif

When you hear the big stage homes are releasing... and then see the pics. :smh:

Nike executives:

Hey guys! We combined the Black Concords and Jams into one release...
WHY NOT THE FINALS Vs!!
Ooo oo and we could do like a half and half layout!!

NikeTalk:
Am i a ****ing joke to you?

I read the article on VC's input on the BB4 being retro'd, with his suggestion on how the toe box should be widened, and what colors to release. I do not think that what has been released with this line, could not be launched without the Black mamba's input.:lol::rofl::wow:
Link to article.

Link to article.
From the latest Athletic feature on Vince and his Shox, the reason the toe box was widened on the releases was because Vince found the original Shox to be too narrow now due to socks becoming thicker.

"The defining feature of the Shox never changed through the years. The only modification Carter had for his shoes was to widen the toe box because socks are thicker today. He recently tried on a pair of his older shoes and was shocked by how narrow they are and how little space he had. Other than that, it pretty much has been the same, and that has made it easier to bring the shoes back and recreate the release of them because Nike has kept them relatively the same.
Before last season, Carter hadn’t exclusively worn the Shox for roughly eight years, by his own estimate. As Carter started aging, Nike’s production of the Shox declined. He approached Nike last season and asked if the company could bring them back for him as his career was winding down. Conversations were not the smoothest and easiest for Carter when convincing the company to bring them back.

“I was just happy and excited to be back in the shoe because it had been a while,” he said. “To wear them again, it just made me happy. They still felt comfortable. I wanted to wear them again because they were my signature shoe. I wanted to bring them back, and I didn’t know how many years I had left. I wasn’t sure if last year was it. That was my selling point to them; I don’t know if that was the main selling point. After last year, I told them this summer that I had to go out with the Shox. They blessed me with the opportunity.”

From the latest Athletic feature on Vince and his Shox, the reason the toe box was widened on the releases was because Vince found the original Shox to be too narrow now due to socks becoming thicker.

"The defining feature of the Shox never changed through the years. The only modification Carter had for his shoes was to widen the toe box because socks are thicker today. He recently tried on a pair of his older shoes and was shocked by how narrow they are and how little space he had. Other than that, it pretty much has been the same, and that has made it easier to bring the shoes back and recreate the release of them because Nike has kept them relatively the same.
Before last season, Carter hadn’t exclusively worn the Shox for roughly eight years, by his own estimate. As Carter started aging, Nike’s production of the Shox declined. He approached Nike last season and asked if the company could bring them back for him as his career was winding down. Conversations were not the smoothest and easiest for Carter when convincing the company to bring them back.

“I was just happy and excited to be back in the shoe because it had been a while,” he said. “To wear them again, it just made me happy. They still felt comfortable. I wanted to wear them again because they were my signature shoe. I wanted to bring them back, and I didn’t know how many years I had left. I wasn’t sure if last year was it. That was my selling point to them; I don’t know if that was the main selling point. After last year, I told them this summer that I had to go out with the Shox. They blessed me with the opportunity.”
Great insight. Thanks for sharing.

I'm disappointed it's not an og but I never got the og so I have to get these. I like how they look tho without the expectation of the og hanging over them

ANy chance the two face is a custom of the big stage home releasing in feb? I refuse to believe Nike would put out such monstrosities.

Back
Top Bottom