Big Apple Nike Zoom LeBron VI comes wrapped in graffiti tissue paper

big-apple-zoom-lebron-vi-02.jpg

big-apple-zoom-lebron-vi-03.jpg

More photos > >
--

From
Freshness

zoom-lebron-vi-big-apple-01.jpg

Update: We just received a note from The Rivington Club, they will have 23 pairs for sale as well.

On Tuesday, November 25, NBA All-Star LeBron James makes his first trip of the 2008-09 NBA season to Madison Square Garden as the Cleveland Cavaliers take onthe New York Knicks. Not only will the perennial NBA All-Star be returning to the stage where he scored 50 points last season but he will be doing so in aspecial "New York City" version of his latest signature sneakers - the Zoom LeBron VI.

The "Big Apple" Zoom LeBron VI sneakers take inspiration from one of LeBron's favorite cities, New York, by incorporating the color redthroughout the shoe as a tribute to the city's famous nickname. This will be the third time that LeBron will wear a special "New York" version ofhis signature shoe. Two seasons ago he wore a "graffiti" edition of the Zoom LeBron IV and last season he wore a version of the Zoom LeBron V'sthat included pinstripes.

Fans looking to purchase the Zoom LeBron VI - "Big Apple" edition can do so in New York City on Friday, November 28. The shoe will be available atretail locations throughout the city such as Niketown and House of Hoops by Foot Locker and will retail for a suggested price of $140.

The Zoom LeBron VI shoe is the most versatile LeBron signature shoe from Nike and James. The Zoom LeBron VI performance basketball shoe represents the essenceof LeBron James: team, toughness, passion and vision. The Zoom LeBron VI not only has a full-length Zoom Air unit in the mid-sole for the ultimate responsiveride, but also has a Zoom Air unit double-stacked in the heel. The cushioning system helps the forefoot for transition when jumping. Deep sipes in the shoeallow for natural motion, which means the shoe works with the athlete's movement, rather than against it.

In addition to the special shoe that LeBron is scheduled to wear on court tomorrow, Nike is set to air its latest television commercial featuring LeBron onThanksgiving Day. The U.S. television spot, dubbed "Chalk", draws its inspiration from LeBron's pregame ritual of tossing talcum powder into theair at the scorers' table before each home and away game.

zoom-lebron-vi-big-apple-02.jpg

zoom-lebron-vi-big-apple-04.jpg

zoom-lebron-vi-big-apple-03.jpg

thanks for the info and photos.. but let me just yell out, GIMMICKS.. thats all nike is good for. Im just glad MJ played during an era of 3-4 colorways pershoe, and he wore just 1-2 in game.. now kids are dieing for the 10 c/ws Lebron puts on in a single season, let alone an entire career

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

thanks for the info and photos.. but let me just yell out, GIMMICKS.. thats all nike is good for. Im just glad MJ played during an era of 3-4 colorways per shoe, and he wore just 1-2 in game.. now kids are dieing for the 10 c/ws Lebron puts on in a single season, let alone an entire career

you worded my thoughts perfectly..

these are hot
i dont wear a lot of red, but these are tuff!!
I like that spotted read leather( or whatever its called)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

thanks for the info and photos.. but let me just yell out, GIMMICKS.. thats all nike is good for. Im just glad MJ played during an era of 3-4 colorways per shoe, and he wore just 1-2 in game.. now kids are dieing for the 10 c/ws Lebron puts on in a single season, let alone an entire career
Preach!

And to add to that, MAJORITY of these 'Bron colorways suck balls.

alien.gif
They don't even match the Cavs uniforms..especially if thier arewearing their HWC unis that night
ohwell.gif
,which is the rumor that is goingaround. And just plain RED? nothing else? R U serious
sick.gif

pretty dope in my opinion. but this just solidifies it for me...

ESPN NEWS TICKER: Breaking News...F Lebron James has been acquired by the New____ ______

The best part of this colorway is the spotted midsole that looks like an Oreo Cookie milkshake
laugh.gif

The colorway as a whole does not flow together..rather disappointed..

when people first saw these they thought they were OSU's and liked them bu tnow that their acually Big Apples they dont. i still like them and willprobably cop if i get the chance.

Originally Posted by 23king24

when people first saw these they thought they were OSU's and liked them bu tnow that their acually Big Apples they dont. i still like them and will probably cop if i get the chance.
me too

COMPLETELY lazy imo... I just dont see myself wearing an all RED PATENT Bron, I mean the VI's gotta take time to grow onpeople first and to come out with this shoe is just going to make people sit on the fence that much longer... hmmmmm coulda been way better

gimmick or no gimmick...I like these. I wish these werent a special version, and were a GR. this shoe looks great in solid colors IMO

Eh...I'm glad they used this instead of a colorway I wanted...the 28th is going to be crazy enough withadding a Lebron to my list

I like the fact they OD on colorways it gives me options other than Black/red or white/red

I just need to see some Lebrons in Knick colors.

AZG
Lebron 2
Lebron 3

All in Knick colors would be crack
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom