Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Just a thought for y'all planning on copping any GR cw's...the longer we wait after RD, the quicker they will go to the outlets.....

try an resist paying retail for these, we gotta break the new trend nike is trying to set with 200$ price points.
There will be plenty of these to go around (GR's at least)

Quoited just in case someone missed this. To bad people will never listen
30t6p3b.gif
Did we end up doing this? The Binarys and White/Blacks are still chilling in my area.

I'd imagine all of the GR colorways are outlet bound tbh. That's the first step. The next step is waiting for them to drop in price at the outlets. Outlet prices have risen in recent years. Id imagine them hitting for 130-140 before tax and shipping. The lebron 9s are hitting non clearance outlets for 120 and retail is 170. The other best bet is to keep checking the clearance outlets since they send to sell items for 89.99 before tax and shipping. U just have to get ur size and beat bulk buyers and the rest of the people that want them.

morningstar7777:
Who am I insulting tho?
No one, at least not explicitly or directly, but it's not your responsibility to make sure that people aren't insulted by your criticism.

But on to what I originally came in here for. I know Penny is wearing Foams in this gif, but I imagine at least a few of you are fans of the guy, and this is floating around the Sports forum right now, and I thought I'd drop it in here:

tumblr_lyf6cypSZj1qjkukyo1_400.gif

smokin.gif
Dude was so sick, man.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

morningstar7777:
Who am I insulting tho?

pimp.gif
 One of the greatest off the dribble moves ever. Spend all of middle and high school trying to pull this in off a game. Harder than it looks 
I remember that series too, Penny was breaking ankles with his spin move and then he hit this amazing counter 
eek.gif
. He was soooo entertaining to watch, young dudes have no idea
30t6p3b.gif
they talk anout him like he was all marketing hype 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by show time 96

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

How much does a DS pair of GITD Rookies go for?
Random but i sold 2 pair's got $310 for 1 & $340 for the other pair
Like the shoes but they are  real uncomfortable to me
the penny rookie is more comfortable then the original foams if you ask me 
does anyone have a release date on the light blue and purple colorway's 

Somebody on the Thunder wore them Friday @ Golden State. I didn't get to see who as it just scrolled down the bench and showed everyone's feet. It was probably Haward though

They shouldn't release any more this shoe is not selling only one that sold are the limited pairs

Originally Posted by Tony906

They shouldn't release any more this shoe is not selling only one that sold are the limited pairs

I agree 100%, if those Atlantics weren't limited I would've purchased in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by rillo561

Originally Posted by Tony906

I agree 100%, if those Atlantics weren't limited I would've purchased in a heartbeat.
It's a shame too. Because it's a nice looking sneaker. But the price is just too outrageous.

this is probably a dumb question but do the clear soles of these yellow like on the concord's, space jam's etc?

Originally Posted by slammedSIIK

this is probably a dumb question but do the clear soles of these yellow like on the concord's, space jam's etc?
I don't own a pair but I'm sure they do. Was looking at a pair in person and the material feels the same as the soles on my foams and Concords.

Haven't worn mine enough for them to yellow, but I'm sure they will.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Any performance reviews?

Go back and look at the sneakerfiles vid a few pages back

I wouldn't wear them for basketball, just casual wear

morningstar7777:
Who am I insulting tho?
No one, at least not explicitly or directly, but it's not your responsibility to make sure that people aren't insulted by your criticism.

But on to what I originally came in here for. I know Penny is wearing Foams in this gif, but I imagine at least a few of you are fans of the guy, and this is floating around the Sports forum right now, and I thought I'd drop it in here:

smokin.gif
Dude was so sick, man.

That Footwork...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

Originally Posted by slammedSIIK

I don't own a pair but I'm sure they do. Was looking at a pair in person and the material feels the same as the soles on my foams and Concords.
oh ok, thanks, I really don't feel like spending that much for shoes that will eventually turn yellow, which is why i passed on the concords, space jam's etc, and which is why these zoom rookies will be an easy pass for me
smile.gif

plndr.com has white/black lwp's for 160$ use my rep code ben20off for extra 10% off better hurry before they sell out!

Originally Posted by Rod301

morningstar7777:
Who am I insulting tho?

smokin.gif
Dude was so sick, man.

That Footwork...
pimp.gif

I still practice that shot to this day...only use it when I need separation in a game. 
pimp.gif
 Thanks Penny.

Back
Top Bottom