Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Any new info on atlantics? Still need those...still haven't worn gitd,oranges,or binaries...prob. won't til spring/summer

Originally Posted by skips kicks

These are not the same material, foamposite is FIRM to touch touch, almost platic/rubber like.
have you seen the champagne pros? cough drops? joints feel like gelatin

The mystery "foam" on the rookies, is SOFTER and non modular
like most of the foam on all these new foam releases once they started making 'em in china.....only after the $#!tload of complaints when the champagnes and cough drops release did they "try" to stiffen 'em up more.

Foamposites dont suffer "stress" creases, these rookies crumple like a marshmallow.
yes they do

If you look closely, you can even see the finish is differnt on each, foams have linear striations across the whole material (almost micro-ridged if you will) rookies have a shiny, almost patent like texture to them.
you do know that the actual foamposite material is underneath the finish right?
laugh.gif

and lastly for those in denial, these are nike ZOOM rookies, not FOAMPOSITE rookies.
laugh.gif

Shoes that utilize the ture foamposite material have FOAMPOSITE in the name, ie, total max FOAMPOSITE, FOAMPOSITE air force one, FOAMPOSITE one, FOAMPOSITE lite. common nike knowledge 101.
i think u meant to say POSITE in the name....and i was that ignorant once, but like it's been said....Lebron IV's, 1/2 cents, Zoom Rookies, Air signature, and the Penny 3 are just some examples
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

skips kicks:
so then we can agree these are not foamposite material then?
Actually, I trust RockDeep/NikeDealer when he says he talked to someone who assured him that they do indeed have Foamposite material on them.

I also trust that many negative reviews of discomfort by some of the people who own the shoe. So my only conclusion with those two things is that maybe it's a lesser quality Foam?
agreed, definitely not the same material previously used on foams. 
Alot of people ran with what I said as well, I never commented on quality of the material, simply that its a mystery material being passed off as another. 

Mayhemgatz wrote:

like most of the foam on all these new foam releases once they started making 'em in china.....only after the $#!tload of complaints when the champagnes and cough drops release did they "try" to stiffen 'em up more.

Interesting, champagnes?  foam pros? I cant say I have held cough drops in person. 

But what I am getting at is this, as consumers were groomed into accepting subtle changes on products that compromise the integrity of the product w/o really standing up and saying #!*#. Playing into the arch-type consumer/customer. Its bad enough they have us by the balls with the inflation of their prices, but when they also start compromising materials and trying to pass them off as "premium" or even something else to add to a shoes value, THAT'S WRONG. Look at what has happend/happening over at the Jordan brand. Product quality over there is horrible, and its well know even to the average consumer level now. Overpriced product with sub-par (probably cheaper) components.

In my eyes NSW tried to maximize the potential of this design by setting a high price point on it, adding some "premium components"; weenie-zoom air unit, mystery "foam" mater, "glow in the dark". They definitely cut corners on this project to lower cost and maximize profit, which is not uncommon for a major corporation like nike, but it was blatently obvious with these, and they expect us to pay a full 200$ MSRP (slap in the face honestly). 

Mayhemgatz wrote:

Shoes that utilize the ture foamposite material have FOAMPOSITE in the name, ie, total max FOAMPOSITE, FOAMPOSITE air force one, FOAMPOSITE one, FOAMPOSITE lite. common nike knowledge 101.
i think u meant to say POSITE in the name....and i was that ignorant once, but like it's been said....Lebron IV's, 1/2 cents, Zoom Rookies, Air signature, and the Penny 3 are just some examples 
grin.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

I admit, I overlooked MANY shoes utilizing foamposites, but I hope the original point of my post was made. 

And to be clear, I love this shoe. I plan on buying a few pair myself, but definitely after the drops drops a bit.

And whats with the hostility on this board nowadays? Alot of ego tripping opposed to actual discussion now.

Originally Posted by UrN0tLike

Foam or not the shoe is way overpriced. I watched that review and the tiny heel only zoom air bag is terrible.

honestly, most nikes are overpriced these days.

duncans - 225
foam ones - 220
kobe 7s that fall apart when you play ball in them - 180 (supreme version)
chicago Xs 160 - really have tech to back up the price???

i can go on and on and on.

thats why we are here to help each other find them for as cheap as possible. ive already posted that www.sneaker.st has white/blacks for 170, jimmyjazz.com has binaries for 180.

skips kicks - i could see what you were trying to say but the delivery wasnt what it could have been. glad we both love this shoe
pimp.gif

wonders if replying to a user will cause more issues
tired.gif

bigj505:
wonders if replying to a user will cause more issues
tired.gif

Issues from replying "TO a user"? Absolutely not. Issues from replying "ABOUT a user"? Absolutely. If you need more explanation on what I mean, PM me.

The Conspiracy theories are running RAMPANT on NT these days...

Fake Concords..Early Release Pairs..

now Fake Foamposites being not foam.. but maybe...but not really.

Does anyone know how to clean jean dye off of these? Should I just try the old running alcohol? Figured if ask you guys

Originally Posted by yanky

There's no official release date for the Black/Anthracite Rookie's yet?

[table][tr][td]03/03/12[/td][td]Zoom Rookie[/td][td]Black/Anthractie[/td][td]$200[/td][td]472688-010[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by bigj505

skips kicks - i could see what you were trying to say but the delivery wasnt what it could have been.

Yeah, that reply was a lot different than the previous one, questioning dudes knowledge of foams.

Originally Posted by gumsoul410

Does anyone know how to clean jean dye off of these? Should I just try the old running alcohol? Figured if ask you guys

Try using green rubbing alcohol. That works for me.

Since so many people complain that these shoes are very uncomfortable, what shoe is most uncomfortable? Zoom Rookie's or Skyposite's?

Originally Posted by theotherjd

Originally Posted by yanky

There's no official release date for the Black/Anthracite Rookie's yet?

[table][tr][td]03/03/12[/td][td]Zoom Rookie[/td][td]Black/Anthractie[/td][td]$200[/td][td]472688-010[/td][/tr][tr][/tr][/table]
Thanks...Do these run small? Gonna be my first pair

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Since so many people complain that these shoes are very uncomfortable, what shoe is most uncomfortable? Zoom Rookie's or Skyposite's?

never wanted or even tried on those hideous things

Thinking about going back to get the white/black pair, glow in the dark. Anybody know how comfortable these are?

Originally Posted by airyoshi12

Thinking about going back to get the white/black pair, glow in the dark. Anybody know how comfortable these are?

Not comfortable, wouldn't play in them. If you have a pair of Flightposite 1 or 2's you can use their insoles to improve the comfort.

I need another pair of binaries but im not paying more than 150....

kinda uncomfortable but tolerable once i broke them in....

the "foam" material doesnt clean as well as real foam and is prone to scratches......

Back
Top Bottom