Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

si3n4.... i too can't understand why no one will answer that question... dudes posting pics and video reviews and nobody will say anything. don't have to go play in them, just go in the kitchen or the bathroom on a hard surface and let us know... even pm'd dudes that posted and no response...And i'm not the only one to ask about the cushioning set up either. Whatever, i guess alot of nters just don't care anymore about whats in the shoe, only that it looks cool.
From when I wore them all I could feel that was responsive was the heel, almost positive that theres nothing in the forefoot. 

it sounds like the forefoot zoom set up is like the Penny 3 and 4, pretty sub par, but I bet its responsive.

Binary Blues that's it
pimp.gif

really mad i missed out on the glow in the darks but im really liking the binary blue joints. they look really dope.

haven't wore mine out the house yet, let alone hoop in em so i can't speak on extended-wear, but i have walked around the house in them. i can say that they're more comfy than foam ones/pros imo. i think so bc the toebox area is longer/rounder as opposed to the foams which are more flat or squared off in the toe area.

i think these feel nice so far. they seem to be cut slightly bigger than foam and again i attribute that to the different shape of the toebox. the rookies def. have a lower profile, but seem maybe a little heavier than foams. rookies also obviously have much better ankle support than foams and seem to have overall better foot support. there is some cushioning in the forefoot but probably nowhere near as much as most would like. heel is good to go tho.

i have wide, flat feet so i go up half a size. overall, i think these may be the sickest shoes to drop this year after mags of course.
pimp.gif

not feelin those grey/blue joints. binarys way superior to them imo. once again, GITDs, binarys and all black/ice sole (and possibly eggplant and maybe atlantics if they drop, but that's all).
pimp.gif

FOr anyone that wants to know about the cushioning on these, I feel as though the cushioning is VERY low to the ground and it seems like the aren't as responsive with the Zoom Air. They are a bit heavy, but not like the Total Air Foam Max.. These shoes seem to be VERY well made with good quality...  

Gave the binarys to my cousin and he wears them everywhere and says they are comfortable especially after being broken in...he balled once and said even though they are light the flightposites are better

si3n4.... i too can't understand why no one will answer that question... dudes posting pics and video reviews and nobody will say anything. don't have to go play in them, just go in the kitchen or the bathroom on a hard surface and let us know... even pm'd dudes that posted and no response...And i'm not the only one to ask about the cushioning set up either. Whatever, i guess alot of nters just don't care anymore about whats in the shoe, only that it looks cool.

lol....... oh well

As for weight, I was really expecting these to be like bricks but they are surprisingly pretty light IMO

Will anyone comment on the cushioning? So far one person said heel only zoom. Can anyone else confirm if this is true or not? So far none of the video reviews seem to mention it. Only that they are comfortable

I'll have an answer when I get home. Been at work all day and over at my folk's house so can't give you anything yet.

Originally Posted by Jay Jetson617

Lol at the hype beast calling me a troll...i was the first dude on this thread that posted the zoom rookies number one and number two where were you guys at before all this glow in the dark hype...what else does this colorway have going for it other than the fact it glows in dark?...like i said they aint limited regardless of the store you can go online and on ebay and find your size...unless your kick comes with a number or a certificate it aint limited...smh why would i dislike something i already own im just wondering where all these hype beast came from?

lls dude shut up. they are/were limited facts are facts..maybe not as limited as everyone said but the DC area is the foamposite capitol and only one store got them, if they wasnt limited then more stores woulda gotten them...way more and to the guy that said the penny ones were limited no they were not they were a GR all stores in DC had them everyone has those they are probably limited in other areas like yours though so maybe thats why you said that but the Orlando 1's were not limited at all.

the binary blues reminds me of robo cop for some reason, even though he was more of a silverish blue...sorry for the random comment.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Looks like Binarys will be up on Swoosh. Might have to cop at that price point...

Now we talking.
pimp.gif
Yeah....but will they be discounted if they are there?  If so.... Oh M Geee...

Originally Posted by 45DE

Lol at the hype beast calling me a troll...i was the first dude on this thread that posted the zoom rookies number one and number two where were you guys at before all this glow in the dark hype...what else does this colorway have going for it other than the fact it glows in dark?...like i said they aint limited regardless of the store you can go online and on ebay and find your size...unless your kick comes with a number or a certificate it aint limited...smh why would i dislike something i already own im just wondering where all these hype beast came from?

lls dude shut up. they are/were limited facts are facts..maybe not as limited as everyone said but the DC area is the foamposite capitol and only one store got them, if they wasnt limited then more stores woulda gotten them...way more and to the guy that said the penny ones were limited no they were not they were a GR all stores in DC had them everyone has those they are probably limited in other areas like yours though so maybe thats why you said that but the Orlando 1's were not limited at all.

Originally Posted by 45DE

Bro because your favorite rapper got you thinking dc is the foam capital cool....im from Boston an can tell you dc dudes were known for killin Nike acg boots why think wale made fly in my Nike boots to pay homage he showed some pics with a couple of foams early and dc is foam capital...lol now on to the rookies alot of dudes and dc is not exempt brought alot of the sizes up to make a little bread on the resell why you think not just with the rookie but when something is hyped its flooded on ebay...these where quickstrike but because dc has,one store while ny and Boston has a few means nothing...next time dont reply late on a post...

Back
Top Bottom