Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Man so much hatin in here!
laugh.gif
  Funny thing is cats forget where Nike ORIGINATED AND STARTED!
30t6p3b.gif
  I will say I moved to DC for a track scholarship from for a few years and yeah DC cats went hard on the retro foams, (I was in my home state Oregon during my high school years when the originals came out), and as for the New York cats, they went hard on Forces and Tims, (my girl at the time was from NY area so I was all up and down the east coast) until the cross culture hit then they started rockin Chucks and we rocked Tims on the west coast.  So both sides have valid points, but no need trip homie we ALL love the kicks and speaking of the kicks back to them now. Anyhow, so its probably somewhere on one of these pages, but will someone answer these questions?  What are the official names and colorways and release dates of the ones listed below.  Thanks ya'll.  Oh Nike Dealer I feel ya on the "before 96" comment most of these cats weren't even born yet!
laugh.gif

White/Royal Blue/Silver
White/Black (clear icy sole)
Black/Royal Blue
Black/Black/Grey like color

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

^this is a very simple concept to comprehend. or is it, jetson??
laugh.gif

i won't allow myself to get baited into a foolish debate with someone who obviously knows NOT of what they speak. like Jay-Z said, "A wise man told me not to argue with fools..."

that said, ur right jetson.
laugh.gif
Charm... you are right son... dont get baited....
Wale is my mans and nem... and even he would even chuckle at the statement about him making Nike Boots or Foams popular in our Cities.... I just shake my head when this topic arises from folks who claim they know...

Its all good though... just because the guys in Sports Wear spread allocation Northward now, makes some feel as if its always been that way.  Sadly some NT Historians reach only goes a few years.

Pay them no never mind my man....and forgive them for they know not what they say.
Why are you guys letting someone with double digit post get you guh? Nike Boots/ NBs/Foams will always be what DC is know for. NYC is "sup my hat too big", I like to wear huge leather coats, and Timbs...
Yo who cares about niketalk post points...you know theres a life outside of niketalk right...I know alot of you DC cats rock foams that wasnt the argument..it was the fact of where it orginated and im from Boston so that ny comment aint effecting no one and if you got something to say about the city of champs remember your boy Wale's video for chillen the sneaker stores scenes was from the Bodega in Boston and we get exclusive sneaker collabo's all the time...its bigger than foamposties...and to end the discussion because i dont want to kill the nike zoom thread that i posted on before the hype took over...F.Y.I. i was the first dude who post pics of actually owning the zoom rookies back in Septemeber..oh yea go out by Wales new album its hot...Im being serious

Even a sneaker head Like Wale came up hear to show love cause he know what time it is Boston with the sneaker game and your right alot of dudes weren't even born in 96...

LMAO, you want e props for owning a shoe early? Congrats, you overpaid to TRY and look cool
30t6p3b.gif

Every other one of your posts in here has been about you trying to say you started this thread, or know more about these than anyone, or everyones a hypebeast blah blah blah. Homey, you're just another NT'er, no one cares. Not to mention, you DIDN'T MAKE THE THREAD.

Anyways, back to the shoes. Who's planning on copping the orange/blacks?

I referenced that to the dude that said i just came on the thread to start trouble and owning the zooms is nothing ill bro i got kicks on display that kill those and bro i paid $225 so man i over paid by $25 dollars...smh...qoute me where i said i started this thread...smh ...dont get hot and start typing nonsense just to type...

quote me where i said i know more about everyone else or do me one better qoute where i was helping dudes get the zoom rookies early for cheap...not just the binarys, but the glow in the dark, and white and black ones...qoute me where i was telling dudes there selling fake zooms so be careful...

Pass cause there limited to 666 I know that maybe be corny but hey...watch out kicksgg.com sells fake zooms and the black and orange is sold out so if you see some on ebay watch out...

Originally Posted by Jay Jetson617

Pass cause there limited to 666 I know that maybe be corny but hey...watch out kicksgg.com sells fake zooms and the black and orange is sold out so if you see some on ebay watch out...

Did you buy them all?

I see once the thread left retro, and the kiddies entered

I'm pleased with my GITD's, glad I didn't sleep. They look much better in person IMO, especially the shape.

Liked them so much, decided to add binary's, atlantics, black, and eggplants to my list

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I'm pleased with my GITD's, glad I didn't sleep. They look much better in person IMO, especially the shape.

Liked them so much, decided to add binary's, atlantics, black, and eggplants to my list

with every word u just spoke, i agree...
pimp.gif

QFT, what do you think about the grey/blues?

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

QFT, what do you think about the grey/blues?

I would have to see them in person, but right now the binarys are a lot better.

Didn't think I would like the Zoom Rookie's as much as I do. Definitely like these better than the 1/2 cents now.

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Originally Posted by jer23

so, how many of the atlantics / white are ACTUALLY out there (hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands?) and, will they ever be a 'general release'.....if you can all recall when then penny 2 atlantics first released they were impossible to get and bringing upwards of $200 on ebay...then, 3 months later they were everywhere.

The atlantics/white were only avail at the Las Vegas gathering. Therefore, they are limited to a few hundred pairs.
It's possible a Atlantic colorway could drop but certainly without the sole collector branding.  

from all of the various sources, it looks like the SC colorway was limited to 25 and at the event the 'real' Atlantics may have been limited to 250, but there is no way that Nike will only release 250 pairs of a colorway that will be one of the top 2-3 to drop (whereas if any of the SC colorways had dropped as general releases they'd all be sitting because they're SOOO ugly).   
I can almost guarantee that the real Atlantics with silver pods will be everywhere before Christmas, and although they might sell out, anyone will be able to buy a pair in the $200-250 range on ebay.  it's just common sense.  

Yo Jay_Jetson617 you just gave them away? Shoot, if you can afford to do that again, holla at me. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom