Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

They actually point out how small it is in one of the designs, and Dolce says Penny felt they were comfortable, because he likes being low to the ground. I find that a little odd, because they weren't that comfortable to me and I was sitting down at a football game. He has to have different cushioning or a zoom insole.
Nike CS gave me the same line.  heel only zoom, because Penny wanted to be low to the ground.   Heel only piece of Trident?  Its not even a normal heel zoom unit.  Every single  sig and nonsig model Penny has EVER worn had forefoot cushioning with tensile/zoom or normal air.  I highly doubt he is actually playing games for any extended period in the retail version.  why would he? people that have actually worn them say they are uncomfortable, if they are uncomfortable just walking around, how are you gonna ball in them?  I love the design, held it in my hands and stared at them, but had no desire to try them on because whats the point? I can't play in them, and refuse to pay 200 bucks for shoes that i need to sub fp zoom insoles in just to make them wearable.  This HAS to be a marketing experiment to see how much the customer will accept (how much they can get away with and still make sales)

I love foam/flightposites for bball, and don't wear them casually.   they should have just stuck a penny logo on these, they are probably more comfortable

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

They actually point out how small it is in one of the designs, and Dolce says Penny felt they were comfortable, because he likes being low to the ground. I find that a little odd, because they weren't that comfortable to me and I was sitting down at a football game. He has to have different cushioning or a zoom insole.
Nike CS gave me the same line.  heel only zoom, because Penny wanted to be low to the ground.   Heel only piece of Trident?  Its not even a normal heel zoom unit.  Every single  sig and nonsig model Penny has EVER worn had forefoot cushioning with tensile/zoom or normal air.  I highly doubt he is actually playing games for any extended period in the retail version.  why would he? people that have actually worn them say they are uncomfortable, if they are uncomfortable just walking around, how are you gonna ball in them?  I love the design, held it in my hands and stared at them, but had no desire to try them on because whats the point? I can't play in them, and refuse to pay 200 bucks for shoes that i need to sub fp zoom insoles in just to make them wearable.  This HAS to be a marketing experiment to see how much the customer will accept (how much they can get away with and still make sales)

I love foam/flightposites for bball, and don't wear them casually.   they should have just stuck a penny logo on these, they are probably more comfortable

they did.

air-penny-iii-retro-white-royal-01.jpg

Originally Posted by ninjahood

they did.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by BronLe

Originally Posted by ninjahood

they did.

roll.gif
DEAD

So damn sexy....
smokin.gif

On a side note....
Spoke to a homie from around the way thats BIG on anything Foam related (Foam Ones & Pros, Duncans, Bakin Boots...etc) Not a sneakerhead whatsoever....Just your typical B'More cat that loves Foamposite.
I asked him how come I haven't seen him wearing any Rookies. His words were, "I went to the store to cop the black & blues, but I tried them #%&@ on & they hurt like a mutha #%&@@!"
roll.gif

Nike dropped the ball on these Rookies. We will cop cause of the design & settle for replacing insoles. But the average dude ain't paying $200 for a shoe that ain't comfortable no matter how nice they look. They want that shoe to be comfortable like a pair of Duncans especially when that's all they wearing on the block.

End result, Rookies sitting in stores & me copping colorways that I want on clearance or discount.

i copped the white.black rookies today. definitely lovely in person.

i noticed a lot of people checking the rookies out but they all put them right back when they find out they 200 bucks.

^^^Sneakermane, I agree they uncomfortable, but i have worn my binaries 4 times and they feel fine now.

thats 215 after taxes...

i had to cop the binary blue joints, i wanna double up but ill wait til they drop to at least 140 , havent seen too many people rocking them. thats a good thing.

insoles are on the way.

THESE ARE DEF GETTING OVERSHADOWED ... PAYED RETAIL FOR BINARIES.. NOT DOING THAT WITH THESE... COPPING MY CONCORDS AND CHILLING TILL THESE HIT 150

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Blue 1/2 Cents for max orange rookies a good trade?
Not a chance....
Binaries can be found for under retail.

Max Orange minimum $300

Originally Posted by sneakermane

I asked him how come I haven't seen him wearing any Rookies. His words were, "I went to the store to cop the black & blues, but I tried them #%&@ on & they hurt like a mutha #%&@@!"
roll.gif

That's sad
30t6p3b.gif
and funny
roll.gif

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

what soles are you guys using for replacement on these?

Some are buying off ebay, but I have a couple of pair of flightposite 2 insoles I don't wear.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Blue 1/2 Cents for max orange rookies a good trade?
Not a chance....
Binaries can be found for under retail.

Max Orange minimum $300
are we talking blue 1/2 CENTS or Blue rookies?  I was under them impression that royal blue 1/2 cents weren't terribly available at this stage, but maybe I am mistaken.   I love the max oranges, but for 300, and given the terrible reviews of the shoe, its difficult to envision spending more than 250.

Thanks

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

did white/black officially release? never popped up on nike.com,or they sold out?
I thought the release date is on the 22nd? That's what some sites are saying.

I guess with sooo much other stuff coming out these will be soooo discounted... New Years is goin to be better than I thought...

Back
Top Bottom