Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by jshortt

To whomever suggested the insoles from the Jordan Super Freak (Randy Moss/J Cover/etc.), bless your heart! Put them in my Max Oranges and my feet instantly began thanking me.

Peace,
J
You're welcome enjoy
happy.gif

Just got my pair from Swoosh.... these joints are straight trash..... not even made out of Foamposite, its just hard plastic.... Eastbay even says its not made out of Foamposite, just out of a "Foamposite-like material"

Cant believe they put retail at 200 on these.... No cushioning either

Saw these in person for the first time. So meh; not comparable to foam ones in any way. Foam on these looks so cheap and plasticky.

yea these run tight/small. i just wore mine all day today, and my pinky toe was hurting. my right foot is a lil bigger/wider so its always an indication for me how a shoe fits..

but for my left foot to also feel this discomfort, it was clearly obvious.

the LENGTH of the shoe is fine, i just think the shoe overall is narrow, anything "bigger"--more like wider, than what is considered a normal foot i highly suggest trying it on first or get half size up.

now i have to mail this back to NDC and get a half size bigger

as for comfort, not really comfortable. didnt help with the tight fit. i think a new insole is a must. but $200 for this. man. its still a nice shoe though, it is sleek/smooth

the white/black ones look nicer in person than in pics. i like the clearsole

whites r movin esp since its the holiday season. binaries have slowed dramatically tho

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Just got my pair from Swoosh.... these joints are straight trash..... not even made out of Foamposite, its just hard plastic.... Eastbay even says its not made out of Foamposite, just out of a "Foamposite-like material"

hold up is this for real? Fauxposites, like the takedown models from when i was in HS ? I was lookin at the all blacks

That 200 price tag
30t6p3b.gif

I might grab those white/black joints out of pure thirst for owning this shoe
but damn these joints really 200
30t6p3b.gif

I got the binary's for a Christmas gift.... They are not that uncomfortable to me .... Maybe I didn't wear em long enough

Well.. I have to say i was shocked when I saw my brother show up to our parents house with the white/black Zooms on. I was shocked.. cause he's no where NEAR the demo Nike was looking at for this shoe...

So I asked.. what made you scoop those? Im 6'3 205.. My brother 6'4 240 so he's putting alot more weight on these

He said simply "They looked really good on the shelf"

Asked how they felt and he said great.... and he paid full price. Now if random guys like him are buying this then Nike is in good shape for real... even when they go on discount.

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

hold up is this for real? Fauxposites, like the takedown models from when i was in HS ? I was lookin at the all blacks
Its not that soft fake Fauxposite, its just incredibly hard plastic, even down by where the midsole should be.  Its not Foamposite material at all, the whole shoe is straight hard plastic....
I got em from swoosh because I love the look, but even for 120 im disapointed in the quality, nevermind 200....

Heres the cut and paste from Eastbay

The Nike Zoom Rookie celebrates legendary Penny Hardaway's career on the courts. This shoe gets it's inspiration from each shoe that helped Hardaway become the icon he is today. Featuring an upper made of a mixture of nubuck, leather and a foamposite-like shell for lightweight support. While the outsole is crafted out of translucent rubber for a stylish edge. Removable insole. Wt. 17.6 oz. 

These white and black zoom rookies are clean
pimp.gif
.  I'll have to reserve judgment on how they feel until I actually receive them.  My boy hooked me up with a pair off swoosh 
smokin.gif
.  I'm glad I didn't cop for retail
wink.gif

Can anyone help me out by telling or pm me a link as to where I can purchase the matching black nike t shirt with the astronaut wearing the white and black zoom rookies on the front? 
nerd.gif
  They retail for $24.  I can't find it anywhere online.  My local FTA only recieved a handful and no 2x or 3x. 

Back
Top Bottom