Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

got my white/black pair in the other day.... people are sleeping on these because of Concords.....IF Nike released Zoom Rookies about 2 months apart from eachother, theyd move a lot easier and faster....that binary blue and white has NEVER been used on a released pair of foam ones/pros, so they SHOULD move FASTER but with everything dropping so close to each other, and so many colorways of the rookies, people have no choice but to pick and choose the shoes they want instead of buying all of them

4 down...1 to go (Atlantics) 
Couldnt pass up for the price
pimp.gif

2q1w6jk.jpg

Nice white and blacks.
I have both the Binary blues and the wht/blacks. Love this shoe.
Would have had the blk/orange if FL didn't decide to release 2 days earlier. SMH...

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Just got my pair from Swoosh.... these joints are straight trash..... not even made out of Foamposite, its just hard plastic.... Eastbay even says its not made out of Foamposite, just out of a "Foamposite-like material"

Cant believe they put retail at 200 on these.... No cushioning either

hold up is this for real? Fauxposites, like the takedown models from when i was in HS ? I was lookin at the all blacks
Its not that soft fake Fauxposite, its just incredibly hard plastic, even down by where the midsole should be.  Its not Foamposite material at all, the whole shoe is straight hard plastic....
I got em from swoosh because I love the look, but even for 120 im disapointed in the quality, nevermind 200....

Heres the cut and paste from Eastbay

The Nike Zoom Rookie celebrates legendary Penny Hardaway's career on the courts. This shoe gets it's inspiration from each shoe that helped Hardaway become the icon he is today. Featuring an upper made of a mixture of nubuck, leather and a foamposite-like shell for lightweight support. While the outsole is crafted out of translucent rubber for a stylish edge. Removable insole. Wt. 17.6 oz. 
nike got them  
roll.gif
 this and that post on the same page about dudes brother buying them and not even being into sneakers really says something, i dont see many people rocking these in ny tho

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Just got my pair from Swoosh.... these joints are straight trash..... not even made out of Foamposite, its just hard plastic.... Eastbay even says its not made out of Foamposite, just out of a "Foamposite-like material"

Cant believe they put retail at 200 on these.... No cushioning either

hold up is this for real? Fauxposites, like the takedown models from when i was in HS ? I was lookin at the all blacks
Its not that soft fake Fauxposite, its just incredibly hard plastic, even down by where the midsole should be.  Its not Foamposite material at all, the whole shoe is straight hard plastic....
I got em from swoosh because I love the look, but even for 120 im disapointed in the quality, nevermind 200....

Heres the cut and paste from Eastbay

The Nike Zoom Rookie celebrates legendary Penny Hardaway's career on the courts. This shoe gets it's inspiration from each shoe that helped Hardaway become the icon he is today. Featuring an upper made of a mixture of nubuck, leather and a foamposite-like shell for lightweight support. While the outsole is crafted out of translucent rubber for a stylish edge. Removable insole. Wt. 17.6 oz. 
Thanks, bro. Was trying to figure out how I can get these, but not anymore.

30t6p3b.gif
@ 'Foamposite-like material'

I want the white/black but too many wht/blk themed shoes coming out too close.

Concords
These
Wht/blk tempos
Freegum lebrons.

All within 2 weeks of each other. Concords > that group of wht/blk shoes.

MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET THESE FOR 170.. IF SO IM LOCKING IN... PROB THE CHEAPEST ILL FIND EM ESP. SINCE THEY JUST DROPPED

I feel bad for the Jordan fans waiting on that Awful 2012....

Its not the worse.

Its the absolute worse.

^ Me personally, if I've got 'Foamposite-like material' in front of me, and the Jordan 2012 in front of me, I'll just keep looking for another shoe.

^^ True that... but I cant deny this design Ska...

Had Nike never advertised it as "Foam Like" not many people would have thought anything of it... so its lost on me. My biggest thing was the tech or lack there of... but call me a sucker for the design ....

I agree, the design is great.... The best hybrid/mashup Nike has ever done by far, the lines flow very smoothly and sleekly on it

I just dont get for 200 how they cant put real Foam on it or put more then the tiniest sliver of Zoom possible.... Especially after all the other Foam shoes they have done recently at a slightly lower price point

I am upset at the 120 swoosh price, never mind the 200 retail

i cant believe all of these people are crying about the material.
material doesnt matter as long as you like the shoe.

want some foam buy some foamposites. there are plenty out there.

i wear my rookies somewhat often and have no problem with the mold holding up.

^ Uuuummm, yes, material matters.

If I buy a Ferrari at MSRP, I better NOT take it home and find out it's just a kit car, and the carbon fiber components in the dashboard are really just hard plastic.
laugh.gif

A Ferrari kit car for like 1/5 of the cost? I'll consider it. But charge me full price and then I find out it's not really what it looks like? Yeah dog, that matters.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Had Nike never advertised it as "Foam Like" not many people would have thought anything of it... so its lost on me. My biggest thing was the tech or lack there of... but call me a sucker for the design ....
Nah, I can't be in the $175 - $200 price range on just design. No way, no-how, not going to happen. For that price, the quality just has to be top notch; not just 'decent', but top notch. That's a requirement for that price point.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

If I buy a Ferrari at MSRP, I better NOT take it home and find out it's just a kit car, and the carbon fiber components in the dashboard are really just hard plastic.
laugh.gif

A Ferrari kit car for like 1/5 of the cost? I'll consider it. But charge me full price and then I find out it's not really what it looks like? Yeah dog, that matters.
laugh.gif
dude u comparing a car with some shoes. you are definitely reaching.

the foamposites we know today are NOTHING like what we used to get. material is much softer and thinner.

but hey, u can have your foamposites that have the material falling off the shoe like the new retros tend to do and ill enjoy my rookies
laugh.gif

fools making analogies with ferraris and carbon fiber compared to foamposite and plastic
laugh.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Nah, I can't be in the $175 - $200 price range on just design. No way, no-how, not going to happen. For that price, the quality just has to be top notch; not just 'decent', but top notch. That's a requirement for that price point.

have fun dude.
nike raised the price of almost, if not every, shoe starting at the end of 2011. 175-200 is the new 150-180
embarassed.gif

MIGHT BE ALONE BUT I DONT THINK ITS NOT FOAM MATERIAL... EASTBAY MISADVERTISES SHOE INFO FROM TIME TO TIME AND EVEN IF THAT IS NIKES VERY OWN WORDS I DONT THINK IT MEANS ITS NOT FOAMPOSITE AND STRAIGHT HARD PLASTIC.. 

Originally Posted by bigj505

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

the foamposites we know today are NOTHING like what we used to get. material is much softer and thinner.

but hey, u can have your foamposites that have the material falling off the shoe like the new retros tend to do and ill enjoy my rookies
laugh.gif

fools making analogies with ferraris and carbon fiber compared to foamposite and plastic
laugh.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
First off, that wasn't a comparison, it was a parallel. Second, it wasn't a parallel between a car and a shoe; it was a parallel between two companies. But all you see is Ferrari and Nike, and you think "Oh he's comparing a car to a shoe. What a fool." You're too much of a simpleton for me to even continue debating with. For someone to read what I just said and think that I compared a car to a shoe, that just shows their elementary thinking, which is exactly what Nike/JB make their millions off of. Critical thinkers, those who apply logic to their purchases? We're not in Nike's demographic,

Originally Posted by bigj505

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
First off, that wasn't a comparison, it was a parallel. Second, it wasn't a parallel between a car and a shoe; it was a parallel between two companies. But all you see is Ferrari and Nike, and you think "Oh he's comparing a car to a shoe. What a fool." You're too much of a simpleton for me to even continue debating with. For someone to read what I just said and think that I compared a car to a shoe, that just shows their elementary thinking, which is exactly what Nike/JB make their millions off of. Critical thinkers, those who apply logic to their purchases? We're not in Nike's demographic,

riiiiiiiight. your parrallel/comparision is completely off and you know it.
i mean come on... u said taking buying a car and noticing it was just a car kit when u get home? %#% is that?????? o, they sold me some stuff for 1/5 of the cost? really? what?
how does that compare or parallel?
it doesnt.

the cost of the "plastic" vs the foam is probably negligible and we not dealing with FOAMPOSITES. we are dealing with zoom rookies. if you dont like the shoe, then why even post in here? i have never, ever even seen you in a foamposite forum yet you want to chime in your 2 cents about lack of materials. son, please
laugh.gif

I actually was thinking about picking up a pair of Atlantic's until this revelation lol.

I do like the design.  But I have been lead to believe (by nike) that foamposite material is pricier to use hence the $200 price tag on foams.  So to slap a $200 price tag on a shoe that looks like foam....but isn't...is just a D-Move.  I am not buying a pair on that principle alone.  That you are literally trying to trick your customers.

No thanks nike. 

bigj505:
rriiiiiiiight. your parrallel/comparision is completely off and you know it.
i mean come on... u said taking buying a car and noticing it was just a car kit when u get home? %#% is that?????? o, they sold me some stuff for 1/5 of the cost? really? what?
how does that compare or parallel?
it doesnt.

the cost of the "plastic" vs the foam is probably negligible and we not dealing with FOAMPOSITES. we are dealing with zoom rookies. if you dont like the shoe, then why even post in here? i have never, ever even seen you in a foamposite forum yet you want to chime in your 2 cents about lack of materials. son, please
laugh.gif

The parallel has to do with company integrity in relation to consumer cost, but like I said, it's obviously over your head, because the terms you think in are too simple. You proved that even more with your comment about "Oh, I never even see you in the Foamposites forum."
laugh.gif
You really think that everyone who's a Foamposite fan posts in the Foamposite forum? Like it's not possible for someone to be a fan unless they've posted in there?
roll.gif
Such an elementary thought process.
laugh.gif
Want another example of your simple ways of thinking? How about the fact that you apparently think that only fans of the Zoom Rookie should be posting in here. That's not a rule, not a requirement, and it's very elementary to think so. "If you don't like to Zoom Rookie, then you can't post in the Zoom Rookie thread. So why are you?"
laugh.gif

And the reason I'm posting here, and why I've been posting in here, is because when I first saw the shoe, I was definitely a fan. I've been a fan up until the previous page, when I found out it was 'Foamposite-like material'. That's unacceptable to me, and since I'm not a blind sheep who id loyal to Nike you no matter what, my opinion changed. "Wait, so your opinion about a shoe changed for the worse, even though the shoe is made by a company that you like?" Yeah, but I wouldn't expect you to get THAT concept, either.

Originally Posted by j o 19

MIGHT BE ALONE BUT I DONT THINK ITS NOT FOAM MATERIAL... EASTBAY MISADVERTISES SHOE INFO FROM TIME TO TIME AND EVEN IF THAT IS NIKES VERY OWN WORDS I DONT THINK IT MEANS ITS NOT FOAMPOSITE AND STRAIGHT HARD PLASTIC.. 

Have you felt the Rookie material in your hand? Its not the Eastbay description that swayed me to believe its not Foam, because I know they have wrong info sometimes
Its the fact that compared to holding the Rookie in one hand and a just released Foam Max, 1/2 Cent or Foam Pro (not a vintage pair) in the other hand their is a giant difference.

It is hard plastic point blank. There is no "give" or softness to it at all. Even down by the sole where the midsole should be, it is hard as a rock and makes a completely difference noise when you tap it then regular recent Foam does...

Forget what Eastbay says, if you dont own the shoe, go to a store and compare it to a regular Foam shoe and draw your own conclusion....

Does anyone have the link to that original Rookie interview with the designer where they talk about the design and inspiration and all that, I cant find it..... I am curious to see what they say about the material

I would guess it was supposed to be Foam and that the samples were probably Foam and they were given the orders from above to cheap it out if possible.......

Back
Top Bottom