Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Yeah, he's lying intentionally about the whole process of making them.

Instead people should believe some conspiracy theorist on NT, who can't take it as a misprint and move on or just stop posting in here, since they're obviously not for you.

Despite how abundant foams are these days and all the recent releases like foamdomes, air bakins, 1/2 cents, flightposites 2's and of course foamposites...Nike spent millions developing a new foamposite like material just to use with zoom rookies...instead of just using their existing concoction. Yep, it's really logical for a company to do that.

This conversation has gotten old, we've read it already. Obviously you aren't buying them. Unless you're presenting some hard evidence, you should stop repeating it.

PRIME:
This situation is like a person paying full price for a house after being told the house has 'pool-like features', then discovering that the house has no pool at all, then complaining because their house doesn't have a pool, knowing damn well they can't swim.
Fixed.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

PRIME:
This situation is like a person paying full price for a house after being told the house has 'pool-like features', then discovering that the house has no pool at all, then complaining because their house doesn't have a pool, knowing damn well they can't swim.
Fixed.

And according to Nikestore they are foamposite. So I don't see what all the complaining is about. The Penny Foam and the Total Air Foamposite Max are both foamposites that have different feeling outer finishes. So why is it such a problem that this Rookie model has a shinier and smoother feeling finish than the other two models? 

They are all foamposite material. %%*% has nothing to do with how it feels, its all about how its constructed. 

Nike throws a new shoe at you guys and some of you complain because it isn't the EXACT same thing we've had for the last decade and a half. 

That's another thing: why are people overreacting to criticism?

It just makes you come off as a fan boy who can't stomach reading/hearing criticism of your beloved brand.

Aside from my son, there's nothing I feel so passionate about that criticism would offend me. No brand, none of my teams, my alma mater… none of it.

But some of you, you hear criticism from people who don't have the shoe and even negative comments from people who do have it, and you view that as 'complaining' or '*****ing': not a good look.

Marc told me Ska... and you KNOW how I feel about some of the cats at SC....

Confirmed... Foamposite Material used on these.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

That's another thing: why are people overreacting to criticism?

It just makes you come off as a fan boy who can't stomach reading/hearing criticism of your beloved brand.

Aside from my son, there's nothing I feel so passionate about that criticism would offend me. No brand, none of my teams, my alma mater… none of it.

But some of you, you hear criticism from people who don't have the shoe and even negative comments from people who do have it, and you view that as 'complaining' or '*****ing': not a good look.
How does that make me a fanboy? Dudes always love to pull the fanboy card. 
You're complaining about it not being made out of foamposite. Thats not criticism. Thats a complaint. You have a problem with it because you feel like the price isn't justifiable without them being made out of fomaposite. Which is ridiculous, because look at the air Yeezy. A $200 shoe thats all leather/rubber/plastic. These rookies would probably last longer than a Yeezy sneaker.

But I saw no complaints about the Yeezy's price when they dropped. 

Criticism would have been saying "I don't like the zoom technology used in the shoe, it doesn't fully support a high level of activity over a long duration. Nike needs to find a better solution."

THATS criticism. You know whats not criticism? "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE SHOES AREN'T FOAMPOSITE MATERIAL! I'M NOT PAYING $200 FOR THESE, ITS NOT WORTH IT!"

Thats *%%#@+# whining. 

And to make it even worse, IT IS made out of foamposite. So you're just complaining for no reason in the end. 

Some of you mistake your moaning and complaining and honestly think you're criticizing something. When in reality, you're just complaining. 

If you don't like the model and design, then hey. Thats a matter of opinion, just as you not thinking the shoe is worth $200. Thats all a matter of opinion. I'm not saying the shoe is worth the price, but I know whether its foamposite or not, either way it wouldn't matter because that material isn't enough to justify that high of a price. 

Foamposite or not, it doesn't matter in the end. Either buy them or not. I just had a problem with you saying that any other material BUT foamposite wasn't worth that price, because the #%%* ain't worth it either. 

Originally Posted by PRIME

look at the air Yeezy. A $200 shoe thats all leather/rubber/plastic. These rookies would probably last longer than a Yeezy sneaker.
But I saw no complaints about the Yeezy's price when they dropped.
Horrible comparison. The Yeezy was designed by Ye himself and was Nike's first foray into a designer type line. It mixed fashion with athletics. And it also wasn't meant for on court use.

First off, if you didn't see any complaints on the Yeezy's when they dropped, you weren't looking. There were plenty of people clowning the $200 price tag.

Second, my criticism (yes, criticism) has never been just about whether or not the shoe has Foamposite. That has been just one of my issues (the others being the zoom air sliver the size of a stick of gum, the MANY reviews of discomfort from owners, and the price when you consider those 2 things). So when you respond that my (or anyone's) 'complaints' about the material are for nothing, you're only responding to one of the issues people are expressing.

Third, you said you had a problem with me saying that any material but Foamposite wasn't worth that price. I never said that, though. *shrugs*

I saw the video and was wondering, how did Nike market these as performance sneakers? Why would he think they would be good? I can see how you can get that from the Dolce and Penny interview in SC, but otherwise I didn't get that part.

I wouldn't consider hybrids as performance sneakers, because IMO they're just a tribute to the previous models or the athlete. Why would I get the Spiz'ike's and get upset they don't perform like Jordan 2011's. For one it's 90's technology and the sneaker was created with appearance in mind first.

I agree with him, and I was one of the first to comment on them being uncomfortable, but I never looked at them as a basketball sneaker, strictly casual.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I saw the video and was wondering, how did Nike market these as performance sneakers? Why would he think they would be good? I can see how you can get that from the Dolce and Penny interview in SC, but otherwise I didn't get that part.

I wouldn't consider hybrids as performance sneakers, because IMO they're just a tribute to the previous models or the athlete. Why would I get the Spiz'ike's and get upset they don't perform like Jordan 2011's. For one it's 90's technology and the sneaker was created with appearance in mind first.

I agree with him, and I was one of the first to comment on them being uncomfortable, but I never looked at them as a basketball sneaker, strictly casual.
they are foams, so they are supposed to be a performance bball shoe, at least thats what foams used to be.  all the kicks that these are a hybrid of all have forefoot cushioning,  and yet these don't?  its nice to see an honest review of these.  I have been waiting to see if $C is going to do a kicksology  review on these, because if they are honest, it woudn't get a very good grade,  but i don't think thats going to happen,especially since they had their own special make up and are one of the biggest marketers for this shoe and are riding hard on nike's jock.

LOL @ "never looked at them as a basketball sneaker"
laugh.gif

I swear NONE of yall must own foamposites ones/pros/max's/lites/af1s.

These are not the same material, foamposite is FIRM to touch touch, almost platic/rubber like.

The mystery "foam" on the rookies, is SOFTER and non modular

Foamposites dont suffer "stress" creases, these rookies crumple like a marshmallow.

If you look closely, you can even see the finish is differnt on each, foams have linear striations across the whole material (almost micro-ridged if you will) rookies have a shiny, almost patent like texture to them.
5v4o74.jpg

and lastly for those in denial, these are nike ZOOM rookies, not FOAMPOSITE rookies.

Shoes that utilize the ture foamposite material have FOAMPOSITE in the name, ie, total max FOAMPOSITE, FOAMPOSITE air force one, FOAMPOSITE one, FOAMPOSITE lite. common nike knowledge 101.

SMH where all the real nike heads go?

:: plays nas - where are they now ::
tired.gif

Originally Posted by skips kicks

laugh.gif

These are not the same material, foamposite is FIRM to touch touch, almost platic/rubber like.

Foamposites dont suffer "stress" creases, these rookies crumple like a marshmallow.

If you look closely, you can even see the finish is differnt on each, foams have linear striations across the whole material (almost micro-ridged if you will) rookies have a shiny, almost patent like texture to them.

and lastly for those in denial, these are nike ZOOM rookies, not FOAMPOSITE rookies.

Shoes that utilize the ture foamposite material have FOAMPOSITE in the name, ie, total max FOAMPOSITE, FOAMPOSITE air force one, FOAMPOSITE one, FOAMPOSITE lite. common nike knowledge 101.

tired.gif
your arrogance is nice but some shoes use the foamposite material but dont have it in the name.
1/2 cents are a prime example.

and wha chu mean the real nike heads like u r the 1st person to say what u said?

Originally Posted by bigj505

laugh.gif

tired.gif
your arrogance is nice but some shoes use the foamposite material but dont have it in the name.
1/2 cents are a prime example.

and wha chu mean the real nike heads like u r the 1st person to say what u said?
you can add da entire flightposite line, lebron IV,

laugh.gif

Very amusing post. I've been in every foamposite thread, and before the eggplants. Never seen you. Been up here nearly ten years. Never seen you.

What are you talking about? You need some intelligence to got with the arrogance. It just makes you look silly.

What does them being made out of foamposite have to do with anything? Just because they're foamposite doesn't make them a basketball sneaker. Chuck Taylor's were once used for basketball, would you play basketball in them? What about Uptowns? Foamposites are some of the worst basketball sneakers out. If you actually play basketball and know about basketball, why would you pick a retro or hybrid foamposite sneaker?

And you teaching people about foamposite
laugh.gif

Foamposite is firm to touch? Have you touched ANY foamposites in the past three years?

roll.gif
@because they're named the zoom rookies, means they aren't made out of foam. That's like saying a sneaker doesn't contain air or zoom, because it doesn't have it in the name. So the 1/2 cents aren't foam either
laugh.gif
And you do know the KD IV is foamposite, right
30t6p3b.gif

This clown
laugh.gif

I think people are just extremely disappointed that these shoes cost over 200 and dont have 200 dollar comfort or cushioning.

so then we can agree these are not foamposite material then?

because alot of nike sponsored propaganda is going on in this thread and entire board.

OG's: What happened to the old "snooping nike employee" flash bar on the banner?

skips kicks:
so then we can agree these are not foamposite material then?
Actually, I trust RockDeep/NikeDealer when he says he talked to someone who assured him that they do indeed have Foamposite material on them.

I also trust that many negative reviews of discomfort by some of the people who own the shoe. So my only conclusion with those two things is that maybe it's a lesser quality Foam?

Foam or not the shoe is way overpriced. I watched that review and the tiny heel only zoom air bag is terrible.

Back
Top Bottom